Get the bigger one as per agdr's post. As hekeli said Headnhifi sells a 240v version with a 15v 500ma output. I dont know off hand where to source a larger one, but worth searching for anyway.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions about DAC for DT990 Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 8/22/14 at 6:26am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Equipment for HE-500 Last post on 10/23/13 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
O2 AMP + ODAC - Page 155post #2311 of 53983/28/14 at 2:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2312 of 53983/28/14 at 2:55pmWhat about 1200mA? Would that do the job or can I not go over 1000mA?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-20w-switched-mode-acdc-fixed-voltage-15v-worldwide-power-supply-l48blpost #2313 of 53983/28/14 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zorrofox
What about 1200mA? Would that do the job or can I not go over 1000mA?
You cash go over that, it still will work, but there may be no advantage to anything over 1000mA.post #2314 of 53983/28/14 at 3:14pmQuote:
I'm only posting that because the shop is only 12miles away and I can't see a 1000mA version.post #2315 of 53983/28/14 at 3:17pmpost #2316 of 53983/28/14 at 3:18pmpost #2317 of 53983/28/14 at 3:20pmpost #2318 of 53983/28/14 at 3:31pm
Cool, thanks. I'll wait though and see how I like the sound of the supplied supply first. I may not hear anything wrong.post #2319 of 53983/28/14 at 3:33pmpost #2320 of 53983/28/14 at 3:44pmpost #2321 of 53983/28/14 at 3:47pmpost #2322 of 53983/28/14 at 3:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zorrofox
You do not need a variable power supply, but since it can be setup to provide 12V, IMO it should work. The plug needs to be able to fit its receptacle on the amp, but I see it comes with an assortment of plugs.
Edited by r010159 - 3/28/14 at 3:57pmpost #2323 of 53983/28/14 at 3:57pm
I just installed this on my computer as a dedicated audio device hub:
I seem to notice a boost in quality coming from my ODAC in detail and dynamics, I'm not sure why, it could be my brain telling me stupid things again. I was having some issues with the ODAC and my motherboard's USB ports (major distortion after leaving it plugged in for a few hours, fixed by unplugging and replugging) and I think it may have been fixed with this hub, though it hasn't been long enough to confirm).post #2324 of 53983/28/14 at 3:59pmpost #2325 of 53983/28/14 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zorrofox
Yes that should work, though the fact they say "linear" in the description doesn't make any sense but that was probably just Maplin. As long as it is an AC output it will be fine.Quote:
12v is too low, you ideally want 14v or higher, in the above unit the 15v output would be ideal.
- O2 AMP + ODAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Headphones 2 seconds ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 36 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 41 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400 3 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear