Get the bigger one as per agdr's post. As hekeli said Headnhifi sells a 240v version with a 15v 500ma output. I dont know off hand where to source a larger one, but worth searching for anyway.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Questions about DAC for DT990 Last post on 12/7/12 at 11:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ODAC+O2 or Dacport LX+E11/cMoy for HE-400? Last post on 8/22/14 at 6:26am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD 650 help Last post on 6/4/14 at 3:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help Last post on 9/23/12 at 6:54pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Equipment for HE-500 Last post on 10/23/13 at 5:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
The Zpre is a dated small form factor preamp from Parasound, that also happens to be a great headphone amplifier. It comes with the Burr Brown 2134 Opamp for those that care for this type of...
Campfire Audio Vega – initial impressions As you will know if you read my recent review on the Lyra II, I have recently been lucky enough to get the chance to hear the three newest models...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair of...
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
O2 AMP + ODAC - Page 155post #2311 of 52483/28/14 at 2:30pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2312 of 52483/28/14 at 2:55pmWhat about 1200mA? Would that do the job or can I not go over 1000mA?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-20w-switched-mode-acdc-fixed-voltage-15v-worldwide-power-supply-l48blpost #2313 of 52483/28/14 at 3:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zorrofox
What about 1200mA? Would that do the job or can I not go over 1000mA?
You cash go over that, it still will work, but there may be no advantage to anything over 1000mA.post #2314 of 52483/28/14 at 3:14pmQuote:
I'm only posting that because the shop is only 12miles away and I can't see a 1000mA version.post #2315 of 52483/28/14 at 3:17pmpost #2316 of 52483/28/14 at 3:18pmpost #2317 of 52483/28/14 at 3:20pmpost #2318 of 52483/28/14 at 3:31pm
Cool, thanks. I'll wait though and see how I like the sound of the supplied supply first. I may not hear anything wrong.post #2319 of 52483/28/14 at 3:33pmpost #2320 of 52483/28/14 at 3:44pmpost #2321 of 52483/28/14 at 3:47pmpost #2322 of 52483/28/14 at 3:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zorrofox
You do not need a variable power supply, but since it can be setup to provide 12V, IMO it should work. The plug needs to be able to fit its receptacle on the amp, but I see it comes with an assortment of plugs.
Edited by r010159 - 3/28/14 at 3:57pmpost #2323 of 52483/28/14 at 3:57pm
I just installed this on my computer as a dedicated audio device hub:
I seem to notice a boost in quality coming from my ODAC in detail and dynamics, I'm not sure why, it could be my brain telling me stupid things again. I was having some issues with the ODAC and my motherboard's USB ports (major distortion after leaving it plugged in for a few hours, fixed by unplugging and replugging) and I think it may have been fixed with this hub, though it hasn't been long enough to confirm).post #2324 of 52483/28/14 at 3:59pmpost #2325 of 52483/28/14 at 4:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zorrofox
Yes that should work, though the fact they say "linear" in the description doesn't make any sense but that was probably just Maplin. As long as it is an AC output it will be fine.Quote:
12v is too low, you ideally want 14v or higher, in the above unit the 15v output would be ideal.
- O2 AMP + ODAC
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Aus - Elemental Watson Hybrid Tube amp 5 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 4 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 4 minutes ago
- › The Obsession with Loudness in Portable Headphones -- Why?! +... 4 minutes ago
- › Luxury and Precision - Crowdfunding Promotion on the L3 Digital... 4 minutes ago
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear