Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › O2 AMP + ODAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

O2 AMP + ODAC - Page 82

post #1216 of 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanSaurusRex View Post

Does O2+ODAC+2xRCA+1/4"Out fit into the stock case? Or do I need a different case like the B3-080 from www.boxenclosures.com?

 

You definitely need B3-080, at least...

post #1217 of 3567

Any other suggestions? Is it possible to build a O2+ODAC with an additional speaker amp like the 41hz AMP6 in one case with just one power supply?

Whats the best way to cut out the shape for the USB-input?

 

Really like this case: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Boombastix/jani/20110412/522adc67_P1030012.jpg

post #1218 of 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanSaurusRex View Post

Any other suggestions? Is it possible to build a O2+ODAC with an additional speaker amp like the 41hz AMP6 in one case with just one power supply?

Whats the best way to cut out the shape for the USB-input?

 

Really like this case: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Boombastix/jani/20110412/522adc67_P1030012.jpg

 

No idea, really... That said, to get a prepared casing, contact Tyler from Mayflower Electronics, or JDS Labs directly. Both should be able to provide you with laser-cut panels and include that bigger case you need to built a fully-desktop version.


Edited by RustA - 4/7/13 at 2:53pm
post #1219 of 3567

I just got my JDS O2 amp, and in the first song I played I found a new baseline going. I don't know if I haven't paid attention to it before but the amp brought it forward that I really noticed it being there. 

 

Overvall super happy with my ampflier so far. Next in line is the ODAC for me. 

 

Questions about the amplifier what gain should I use? Is it depending on genre? 

post #1220 of 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardan View Post

I just got my JDS O2 amp, and in the first song I played I found a new baseline going. I don't know if I haven't paid attention to it before but the amp brought it forward that I really noticed it being there. 

 

Overvall super happy with my ampflier so far. Next in line is the ODAC for me. 

 

Questions about the amplifier what gain should I use? Is it depending on genre? 

The lowest gain that gets you to where you need to be volume-wise is a generally the best.

post #1221 of 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardan View Post

I just got my JDS O2 amp, and in the first song I played I found a new baseline going. I don't know if I haven't paid attention to it before but the amp brought it forward that I really noticed it being there. 

 

Overvall super happy with my ampflier so far. Next in line is the ODAC for me. 

 

Questions about the amplifier what gain should I use? Is it depending on genre? 

Yeah, go for the ODAC. Please don't change your mind.

You can't tongue_smile.gif go wrong with both of them


Edited by JakeJack_2008 - 4/8/13 at 9:45am
post #1222 of 3567

Least amount of gain......

I am using unity gain with several cans just fine.....LCD2's, Q701's and Grado 325'is.

 

Alex

post #1223 of 3567

 

Picked one up, thanks for the suggestion.

post #1224 of 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardan View Post

I just got my JDS O2 amp, and in the first song I played I found a new baseline going. I don't know if I haven't paid attention to it before but the amp brought it forward that I really noticed it being there. 

 

Overvall super happy with my ampflier so far. Next in line is the ODAC for me. 

 

Questions about the amplifier what gain should I use? Is it depending on genre? 

Use lower gain, higher can cause distortion if used with desktop sources. Higher was made for lower voltage sources, like mobiles/daps..

post #1225 of 3567

Am I the only person who finds the ODA to be extremely ugly?  confused.gif

post #1226 of 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Am I the only person who finds the ODA to be extremely ugly?  confused.gif

Maybe not super stylish, but ugly?

 

 

dcfn00022.jpg

 

dcfn00073.jpg

post #1227 of 3567

Ugly???

 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

 

So go buy a gold case and install a O2 board in it....and be happy!

 

Alex

post #1228 of 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

Am I the only person who finds the ODA to be extremely ugly?  confused.gif

Who makes the ODA?
post #1229 of 3567

now thats a good question....

 

lol

 

Alex

post #1230 of 3567

speaking of which.... dont suppose theres any news on the ODA? i pretty much gave up hope on it to be very honest... last word about it from "the creator" was when? 2012? 2011? i think we can stop waiting for it by now no?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › O2 AMP + ODAC