or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Can I amp the Audio Technica M50 to be as bassy as beats pro?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can I amp the Audio Technica M50 to be as bassy as beats pro? - Page 7

post #91 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaglebob View Post

Ok guys I just got my fiio e6 and after charging it and plugging it in to my phone I can say that it satisfies with the volume boost BUT it does not infact make the SQ better, actually it seems to slightly show just how terrible some of my files sound. Well I can convert my files to 320kpbs until I can buy music from CDs but overall I'm happy with this 33 dollar investment (12 dollar 2 shipping day fee)

Upconverting won't do you any good. If anything, it'll make things worse if your encoder is bad. Wait for CDs...umm...Spotify has some decent free music at 320kbps (I think they have free accounts...I'm too lazy to look). 

post #92 of 110
Thread Starter 

Correction. It seems now that the sound quality has actually improved a tad bit

post #93 of 110

I just bought a Fiio E11 to go along with my M50's. Whoever said they don't provide an increase to the sound was 100% wrong.  The increase to the bass alone was pretty big.  If you listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop, I would say at least grab this E11, though I can't speak for other amps.

post #94 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarSevn View Post

I just bought a Fiio E11 to go along with my M50's. Whoever said they don't provide an increase to the sound was 100% wrong.  The increase to the bass alone was pretty big.  If you listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop, I would say at least grab this E11, though I can't speak for other amps.

 

Are you using the bass boost of the E11 or not?

post #95 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarSevn View Post

I just bought a Fiio E11 to go along with my M50's. Whoever said they don't provide an increase to the sound was 100% wrong.  The increase to the bass alone was pretty big.  If you listen to a lot of rap/hip-hop, I would say at least grab this E11, though I can't speak for other amps.

 

 

 

boosting the bass is not the same as improving the sound quality...

post #96 of 110

Mainly I was speaking about the increase in bass, because the M50 doesn't have the greatest bass, which I believe is why this topic was originally created.  If there is an increase, decrease, or no notable difference to sound quality, I would not notice because I am no an audiophile.  However, I do notice, in my opinion, that certain genres of music sound a lot better compared to before I bought the amp.

 

If you want to talk about it from a non technical standpoint, I can try my best to explain.  If you want to compare it to 500+ headphones and amps that cost just as much, you are wasting your time, and the people who are coming from the same position as me.
 

post #97 of 110

i never tried the m50 myself but its always said to have a great amount of bass so thats why i didnt think increasing the bass quantity is important but i did forget the original topic is about boosting the bass of the m50

post #98 of 110

Maybe my problem was the source.  I'll check it out when I have more time and less work.

 

And I realize that I most likely came off as abrasive in my post, sorry about that.

post #99 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarSevn View Post

Maybe my problem was the source.  I'll check it out when I have more time and less work.

 

And I realize that I most likely came off as abrasive in my post, sorry about that.

 

 

 

its fine, you were just very straight to the point. what is your source?

post #100 of 110
Thread Starter 

is there such thing as an amp or device that stops distortion?

post #101 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post

i never tried the m50 myself but its always said to have a great amount of bass so thats why i didnt think increasing the bass quantity is important but i did forget the original topic is about boosting the bass of the m50

 

I have 2 M50's in my hands right now that sound completely different. One with less bass and one with more bass... not to speak of other differences. So in my opinions, there are different M50's, and it's not definite to say that the M50 (in general) has more bass.

 

And I think in some cases, a bass boost might still improve sound quality... depending on the listener's preference. No two ears listen to the same music and hear the same things.

post #102 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaglebob View Post

is there such thing as an amp or device that stops distortion?

Distortion from what?

Distortion from your headphone out port of your computer due to electrical interference of stuff in your computer? Yes, an outboard DAC will do that.

Distortion that's actually in a song (like clipping)? No. You're kinda screwed there.

Distortion from headphones? See above answer.

By the way, the Sony XB500s that everybody was mentioning, they're $27 from eCost right now.

http://www.ecost.com/p/6347304

post #103 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

I have 2 M50's in my hands right now that sound completely different. One with less bass and one with more bass... not to speak of other differences. So in my opinions, there are different M50's, and it's not definite to say that the M50 (in general) has more bass.

And I think in some cases, a bass boost might still improve sound quality... depending on the listener's preference. No two ears listen to the same music and hear the same things.



I just said its not the same because I thought that's what he was implying. And besides the bass quantity is different, are other aspects different as well?
post #104 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post


I just said its not the same because I thought that's what he was implying. And besides the bass quantity is different, are other aspects different as well?

Yes, other aspects are also different. The difference is not so much that I can say they have different sound signatures, but it's still different enough that you would think they are 2 different versions of the same line of headphones.

 

Specifically, in the pair with more bass, midrange is more withdrawn, and higher frequencies sound veiled. In the one with less bass, midrange is more pronounced, and higher frequencies are more strident, and more piercing.

post #105 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-P View Post

Yes, other aspects are also different. The difference is not so much that I can say they have different sound signatures, but it's still different enough that you would think they are 2 different versions of the same line of headphones.

Specifically, in the pair with more bass, midrange is more withdrawn, and higher frequencies sound veiled. In the one with less bass, midrange is more pronounced, and higher frequencies are more strident, and more piercing.




I see, do you know anyone who also has 2 different m50s? This is the first time I hear there are variants between the m50s
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Can I amp the Audio Technica M50 to be as bassy as beats pro?