did anyone compare them to the ue6000?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP Last post on 8/21/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking suggestions Last post on 10/24/12 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for advice. Please Help! Last post on 1/20/13 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
SoundMAGIC HP100 Review - Page 7post #91 of 8332/26/13 at 1:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 8332/26/13 at 2:20am
After auditioning these at length today i find myself very very confused by some of the comments and reviews Ive found regarding these cans and the HP200. At first i thought it was my gear, so i tried other sources, and other amps.... Then i asked for two other sets of ears.
We all came to the same conclusion: Yes the reviews are right these are severely under represented GREAT headphones... But the reviews were also wrong- with hip hop, electronica, etc and no bass boost on (out of the test sources and amps only the C421 even had the ability), these cans could be easily lumped into the bass monster category.
Ill compile a complete review once i spend at least a full day or two with these and build on it as time goes by, but these are my and my peers initial findings. We even pulled out some DT770 and 990, some FA003ti titanium driver editions, and several other bass heavy cans to compare- these not only stood up to them... But in most cases dominated them. No smiley V shaped sig, a full sound with extended and somewhat accentuated bass.post #93 of 8332/26/13 at 2:25ampost #94 of 8332/26/13 at 2:37ampost #95 of 8333/1/13 at 3:59ampost #96 of 8333/1/13 at 5:25amThread Starterpost #97 of 8333/4/13 at 7:03am
Several people have mentioned their ear touches the driver sometimes. Can someone measure how deep the cup is from the outer edge of the pad to the driver? I know the pad will compress when on my head, but at least this will give me some idea. Thanks a bunch for anyone willing!!!post #98 of 8333/4/13 at 1:14pm
I've owned a lot of different headphones and this one tops all the dynamic headphones I've ever heard. It doesn't beat my STAX but I wouldn't expect that, so that's all right. Compared to my STAX it has little more sub-bas, a little less upper mids and a little more treble. Very nice presentation indeed, extremely musical and very versatile. It plays everything you throw at it with the kind of ease only very good headphones do. The quality of the sound is also very good, it's not as fast and precise as my STAX, but it is top notch among dynamic headphones. The Soundmagic HP100 is imo the best closed back headphone you can get, with a musical edge that is hard to beat, even for open back dynamic designs.post #99 of 8333/13/13 at 3:08am
yesterday i did a quick comparison to my srh940, which is my refernce phone for a long time. i would say, that the hp100 shows as much details and has an even wider and deeper soundstage than the shures. not completely sure yet, but maybe i got a new referrence in closed phones under 500 EUR. will update here, when i did more critical listening.post #100 of 8333/13/13 at 5:37amThread Starter
Wow, i never heard the SRH940, but it seems that SoundMAGIC have done an excellent job if they can compare with those. I hope to get the SRH1440 one daypost #101 of 8333/13/13 at 6:38ampost #102 of 8333/25/13 at 7:41pmpost #103 of 8333/25/13 at 9:22pmYep, I THINK have the newer ones, thus I don't understand all this talk of flat etc- they are relatively flat but to my ears have a smooth gorgeous tight bass spike. Apparently rev 1 had no foam ring under the pads
Edited by mrbigsby - 3/26/13 at 3:36pmpost #104 of 8333/25/13 at 10:05pmpost #105 of 8333/26/13 at 3:33pm
It goes by the date on the package im told. underneath is a date. Not sure which revision i have- but im going to confirm that with the seller (Noisy Motel). Mine are Nov 2012, in a discussion with Billy the other day he said that he had some that were Feb 2013 which are new revision but still unsure of when the new revision started exactly. Ill post when i know more.
- SoundMAGIC HP100 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Poll running and the micro iDSD... 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 4 minutes ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Can't change my password. 6 minutes ago
- › Have IE80s and want something neutral now. Where do I look? Heir... 6 minutes ago
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob