did anyone compare them to the ue6000?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP Last post on 8/21/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking suggestions Last post on 10/24/12 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for advice. Please Help! Last post on 1/20/13 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
SoundMAGIC HP100 Review - Page 7post #91 of 8332/26/13 at 1:22am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 8332/26/13 at 2:20am
After auditioning these at length today i find myself very very confused by some of the comments and reviews Ive found regarding these cans and the HP200. At first i thought it was my gear, so i tried other sources, and other amps.... Then i asked for two other sets of ears.
We all came to the same conclusion: Yes the reviews are right these are severely under represented GREAT headphones... But the reviews were also wrong- with hip hop, electronica, etc and no bass boost on (out of the test sources and amps only the C421 even had the ability), these cans could be easily lumped into the bass monster category.
Ill compile a complete review once i spend at least a full day or two with these and build on it as time goes by, but these are my and my peers initial findings. We even pulled out some DT770 and 990, some FA003ti titanium driver editions, and several other bass heavy cans to compare- these not only stood up to them... But in most cases dominated them. No smiley V shaped sig, a full sound with extended and somewhat accentuated bass.post #93 of 8332/26/13 at 2:25ampost #94 of 8332/26/13 at 2:37ampost #95 of 8333/1/13 at 3:59ampost #96 of 8333/1/13 at 5:25amThread Starterpost #97 of 8333/4/13 at 7:03am
Several people have mentioned their ear touches the driver sometimes. Can someone measure how deep the cup is from the outer edge of the pad to the driver? I know the pad will compress when on my head, but at least this will give me some idea. Thanks a bunch for anyone willing!!!post #98 of 8333/4/13 at 1:14pm
I've owned a lot of different headphones and this one tops all the dynamic headphones I've ever heard. It doesn't beat my STAX but I wouldn't expect that, so that's all right. Compared to my STAX it has little more sub-bas, a little less upper mids and a little more treble. Very nice presentation indeed, extremely musical and very versatile. It plays everything you throw at it with the kind of ease only very good headphones do. The quality of the sound is also very good, it's not as fast and precise as my STAX, but it is top notch among dynamic headphones. The Soundmagic HP100 is imo the best closed back headphone you can get, with a musical edge that is hard to beat, even for open back dynamic designs.post #99 of 8333/13/13 at 3:08am
yesterday i did a quick comparison to my srh940, which is my refernce phone for a long time. i would say, that the hp100 shows as much details and has an even wider and deeper soundstage than the shures. not completely sure yet, but maybe i got a new referrence in closed phones under 500 EUR. will update here, when i did more critical listening.post #100 of 8333/13/13 at 5:37amThread Starter
Wow, i never heard the SRH940, but it seems that SoundMAGIC have done an excellent job if they can compare with those. I hope to get the SRH1440 one daypost #101 of 8333/13/13 at 6:38ampost #102 of 8333/25/13 at 7:41pmpost #103 of 8333/25/13 at 9:22pmYep, I THINK have the newer ones, thus I don't understand all this talk of flat etc- they are relatively flat but to my ears have a smooth gorgeous tight bass spike. Apparently rev 1 had no foam ring under the pads
Edited by mrbigsby - 3/26/13 at 3:36pmpost #104 of 8333/25/13 at 10:05pmpost #105 of 8333/26/13 at 3:33pm
It goes by the date on the package im told. underneath is a date. Not sure which revision i have- but im going to confirm that with the seller (Noisy Motel). Mine are Nov 2012, in a discussion with Billy the other day he said that he had some that were Feb 2013 which are new revision but still unsure of when the new revision started exactly. Ill post when i know more.
- SoundMAGIC HP100 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Denon D5000 markl modded with Kalantus Cedar Cup, Jmoney leather... 20 seconds ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Xperia Z2 -- any thoughts? 31 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › upgrading from the dt-1350 to the focal spirit pro! 2 minutes ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Seeking opinions which cans? 3 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude