- 90 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Location: London
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphones (Black)tagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP Last post on 8/21/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking suggestions Last post on 10/24/12 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie looking for advice. Please Help! Last post on 1/20/13 at 8:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/6/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
SoundMAGIC HP100 Review - Page 44post #646 of 71711/2/13 at 3:56amI used to have both. The Momentum has a significant upper bass hump making them very 'fun'. The HP100s are much more flat, the bass is smoother and cleaner, perhaps deeper too. The Momentums treble sparkles in some areas, initilly sounding detailed, but its a bit messy when doing more critical listening and does stand up to amping very well. It's possibly great for outdoor use but indoor and amped id recommend the HP100
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 71711/2/13 at 6:51amQuote:
Nice, I have to get that cable. I also find the coiled one too heavy, it pulls on the right driver side.post #648 of 71711/2/13 at 8:59amQuote:
Don't you mean the left side cup? The cable on mine comes out of the left side.post #649 of 71711/2/13 at 4:07pmpost #650 of 71711/3/13 at 1:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Quadpatch
I used to have both. The Momentum has a significant upper bass hump making them very 'fun'. The HP100s are much more flat, the bass is smoother and cleaner, perhaps deeper too. The Momentums treble sparkles in some areas, initilly sounding detailed, but its a bit messy when doing more critical listening and does stand up to amping very well. It's possibly great for outdoor use but indoor and amped id recommend the HP100
Very cool! Happy to hear the hp 100 hold up well with other headphones :3post #651 of 71711/3/13 at 6:03amQuote:
Hey, are the w1000x ear pads thicker/deeper then the hp100 pads? I recently had to stuff some paper towel under the ear cushions because my ears started to touch the drivers again. :( It's working like a charm but i'm also curious on how the w1000x earpads sound and feel.post #652 of 71711/3/13 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by joshwalnut
Hey, are the w1000x ear pads thicker/deeper then the hp100 pads? I recently had to stuff some paper towel under the ear cushions because my ears started to touch the drivers again. :( It's working like a charm but i'm also curious on how the w1000x earpads sound and feel.
... the w1000x earPads sit a top of your ears to an extent so I doubt anything would touch your ears outside of well the ePads!post #653 of 71711/4/13 at 5:53amQuote:
Yeah, i don't really like the idea of smaller ear pads, i think they're .5 cm smaller in diameter then the hp100 ear pads... i think.
I just ordered some beyerdynamic 770 black velour ear pads from amazon, they're a lot thicker it seems, lets hope they work..lol
Oh, i also finally took off that film that covered the drivers and i noticed no change in sound, at all. So if you're thinking of removing it, it's not really going to do anything for you. Then again my ears have a hard time picking up very small changes in sound. So even if there is a change, it's very microscopic..
I also priced the straight cable... it's $16 for the cable plus $20 for shipping to Canada.....
Nope, i think i'll just make my own and save myself $26.post #654 of 71711/5/13 at 2:59pmpost #655 of 71711/5/13 at 3:18pmQuote:
Do you live in the US? They are still on Amazonpost #656 of 71711/5/13 at 3:20pmpost #657 of 71711/5/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
Same place where you can get anything:post #658 of 71711/5/13 at 3:29pmQuote:
Long shipping time, though.post #659 of 71711/5/13 at 4:02pmpost #660 of 71711/5/13 at 5:00pm
- SoundMAGIC HP100 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Playing high-res music on a Mac 6 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 27 seconds ago
- › Best looking tube amp 1 minute ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › fiio e 17 aux used as microphone input for playstation 3? 1 minute ago
- › Phone's (built-in) DAC's and their impact on the soundquality of... 1 minute ago
- › Dog-fi 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 vs RS 180 4 minutes ago
- › TEAC UD-H01 USB DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi