did anyone compare them to the ue6000?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productShure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 8/19/13
- productSoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphonetagged by nightmancometh, 8/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Great Movie Watching Headphones and Replacement Headphones for the Beyerdynamic COP Last post on 8/21/13 at 4:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for noise isolating headphones Last post on 6/1/13 at 5:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral sound headphones Last post on 12/4/12 at 3:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking suggestions Last post on 10/24/12 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
After auditioning these at length today i find myself very very confused by some of the comments and reviews Ive found regarding these cans and the HP200. At first i thought it was my gear, so i tried other sources, and other amps.... Then i asked for two other sets of ears.
We all came to the same conclusion: Yes the reviews are right these are severely under represented GREAT headphones... But the reviews were also wrong- with hip hop, electronica, etc and no bass boost on (out of the test sources and amps only the C421 even had the ability), these cans could be easily lumped into the bass monster category.
Ill compile a complete review once i spend at least a full day or two with these and build on it as time goes by, but these are my and my peers initial findings. We even pulled out some DT770 and 990, some FA003ti titanium driver editions, and several other bass heavy cans to compare- these not only stood up to them... But in most cases dominated them. No smiley V shaped sig, a full sound with extended and somewhat accentuated bass.
Several people have mentioned their ear touches the driver sometimes. Can someone measure how deep the cup is from the outer edge of the pad to the driver? I know the pad will compress when on my head, but at least this will give me some idea. Thanks a bunch for anyone willing!!!
I've owned a lot of different headphones and this one tops all the dynamic headphones I've ever heard. It doesn't beat my STAX but I wouldn't expect that, so that's all right. Compared to my STAX it has little more sub-bas, a little less upper mids and a little more treble. Very nice presentation indeed, extremely musical and very versatile. It plays everything you throw at it with the kind of ease only very good headphones do. The quality of the sound is also very good, it's not as fast and precise as my STAX, but it is top notch among dynamic headphones. The Soundmagic HP100 is imo the best closed back headphone you can get, with a musical edge that is hard to beat, even for open back dynamic designs.
yesterday i did a quick comparison to my srh940, which is my refernce phone for a long time. i would say, that the hp100 shows as much details and has an even wider and deeper soundstage than the shures. not completely sure yet, but maybe i got a new referrence in closed phones under 500 EUR. will update here, when i did more critical listening.
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Wow, i never heard the SRH940, but it seems that SoundMAGIC have done an excellent job if they can compare with those. I hope to get the SRH1440 one day
Edited by mrbigsby - 3/26/13 at 3:36pm
It goes by the date on the package im told. underneath is a date. Not sure which revision i have- but im going to confirm that with the seller (Noisy Motel). Mine are Nov 2012, in a discussion with Billy the other day he said that he had some that were Feb 2013 which are new revision but still unsure of when the new revision started exactly. Ill post when i know more.
- SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 5 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 36 seconds ago
- › Beginner in need for some help 40 seconds ago
- › FiiO E17K Review 46 seconds ago
- › Geek HPA by LH Labs 1 minute ago
- › Dual Dynamic Comparison: Havi, TTPOD, JVC, Brainwavz 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Best imaging for movies? 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet Vol. 3 -- Nashville, TN -- Spring 2015 (April 18,... 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3