Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread - Page 16

post #226 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus View Post

From the reviews, it looks like they'd fit, but they might alter the sound more than the EDT 770VBs, since I understand that the earpads on Amazon are for the open headphones (880s and 990s). I think these are the correct pads:
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-EDT770VB-Headphone-Pads-Black/dp/B007VCKA64/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t

Maximus, have you seen the two different velours side by side? I'm wondering what the difference is since I got the ones you say are for the DT880/990 and they fit my DT770 we ohm as though meant for them. Wonder how different they are?
post #227 of 946

Well, yes, I think they're all the same dimensions, so I think either pad would fit the HP100s/Beyers, but the two different model numbers lead me to believe that something is different about them, possibly some of the cushion/cover material.  Otherwise, I would think that Beyer would just make "Velour Earpads for Beyers DT 770-990" and call it a day.  But to answer your question, I haven't seen the two side by side.

post #228 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus View Post

Well, yes, I think they're all the same dimensions, so I think either pad would fit the HP100s/Beyers, but the two different model numbers lead me to believe that something is different about them, possibly some of the cushion/cover material.  Otherwise, I would think that Beyer would just make "Velour Earpads for Beyers DT 770-990" and call it a day.  But to answer your question, I haven't seen the two side by side.

The DT250 pads I have are very firm velours. I used them on my Panasinics and did NOT hurt the bass as the softer velours did on my Q-40's.

Are the velours you have very soft and plush or firm?
post #229 of 946

Uh, medium, maybe?  It's been a long time since I've used DT 250 velours, so I can't really make a comparison.  And those are differently shaped, not really made for the 770s-990s.

post #230 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marximus View Post

Uh, medium, maybe?  It's been a long time since I've used DT 250 velours, so I can't really make a comparison.  And those are differently shaped, not really made for the 770s-990s.

 

Is it a simple remove and replace like the SRH840 pads?

post #231 of 946

Pretty simple.  I found that it was a little harder to put the black ones on as opposed to the silver ones from my DT 770s (a little tighter, I guess), but it's basically a matter of removing the old ones and putting on the new ones by working around the lip.

post #232 of 946

Has anyone tried the new Beyer pads from T70? the ones with gel?

post #233 of 946
Can I get some suggestions for amping these? price under 150. Open to all recommendations. I would prefer it battery powered
post #234 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukEM22 View Post

Can I get some suggestions for amping these? price under 150. Open to all recommendations. I would prefer it battery powered

 

Say hello to my HP100s best friend... biggrin.gif

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/fiio-flagship-portable-amp-mont-blanc-e12-discussing-thread-the-pre-order-unit-arrives

 

Price: $130

post #235 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Change is Good View Post

Say hello to my HP100s best friend... biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/620339/fiio-flagship-portable-amp-mont-blanc-e12-discussing-thread-the-pre-order-unit-arrives

Price: $130
How do they sound together? like what characteristics does it add?
I had been looking at that e12 but was left with the impression it was more of a powerhouse than an amp with great sound quality.
post #236 of 946

I got a question guys, you may have gone over this somewhat but searching the thread for "seal" did not return much of anything besides mentions of the k550.
Loving these so far, they are the brightest can I have had in awhile by a good margin but the bass is great and I am adjusting.
ONE THING I do notice that is annoying the hell out of me is if I have them plugged into my mobile set up while I move around the house 10Hz-300Hz waxes and wanes in and out of the picture, and really killing the already slightly flat mid's and some of the bass.

I need more clamping force which I can probably accomplish by a little pressure between 2 heavy books for an hour or so and I am pretty sure I am gonna need some pads with more depth and cushyness to mold around the bottom of my ear lobe, If I angle them with the bottoms pressed against my jawline/neck without pushing the drivers closer to my ears the sound is a lot better. anyone with any suggestions? I don't wanna change characteristics of the sound too much if possible.


Edited by TunneLVisioN42 - 6/6/13 at 11:35am
post #237 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunneLVisioN42 View Post

I got a question guys, you may have gone over this somewhat but searching the thread for "seal" did not return much of anything besides mentions of the k550.
Loving these so far, they are the brightest can I have had in awhile by a good margin but the bass is great and I am adjusting.
ONE THING I do notice that is annoying the hell out of me is if I have them plugged into my mobile set up while I move around the house 10Hz-300Hz waxes and wanes in and out of the picture, and really killing the already slightly flat mid's and some of the bass.

I need more clamping force which I can probably accomplish by a little pressure between 2 heavy books for an hour or so and I am pretty sure I am gonna need some pads with more depth and cushyness to mold around the bottom of my ear lobe, If I angle them with the bottoms pressed against my jawline/neck without pushing the drivers closer to my ears the sound is a lot better. anyone with any suggestions? I don't wanna change characteristics of the sound too much if possible.


I don't have a pair to play with but what pads do you have on it now?  The ideal would be the elusive Beyer gel pads.  I have one pair of the 'clear' (which are clear with white gel inside them (check out the picture on my Q40's) and I have a pair of black gels on order with Beyer but they are coming from Germany and who knows how long they will take.    You talk about seal............these do that.  Couple this with some padding/rope UNDER the pads and you'll get your better clamp/better seal all at once. 

 

post #238 of 946

Holy crap looks really impressive, just looking at your picture has me kind of excited haha those look impressive! I was reading about and have received recommendations to use the beyer velours but I was afraid going from a pleather type seal to a velour would change the signature.

It is always REALLY hard for me to find closed headphones that seal properly around the bottom of my ear because I have a bonier jaw line without much fat on my neck with a lot of contour I just have a scrawny neck haha

post #239 of 946

On second thought I am not sure if I am going to be keeping these, if that is the case I will spring for the gel pads, they are pretty expensive though ($40) in the mean time what would be the best method to raise the stock earpads a little more (materials etc) are there any other cheaper pads preferably on amazon that will do what I am looking for? I just need it to fold around my jaw line! haha


would I just look for weather stripping with a sticky side and push it up into the folds?

post #240 of 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunneLVisioN42 View Post

On second thought I am not sure if I am going to be keeping these, if that is the case I will spring for the gel pads, they are pretty expensive though ($40) in the mean time what would be the best method to raise the stock earpads a little more (materials etc) are there any other cheaper pads preferably on amazon that will do what I am looking for? I just need it to fold around my jaw line! haha


would I just look for weather stripping with a sticky side and push it up into the folds?


I used a length of rope under the pads.  You can put it JUST under the area you are having a seal problem and see if it solves that for you.

 

Shure 840 pads are $14 on Amazon. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread