I need sound quality, comfort, flattest equalizer and best sound stage, and easy to drive, but improve-able by an amp. I will be using it for home and portable listening and gaming, but portability is no object.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones. I'm new, please don't hurt me. Last post on 9/14/12 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose headphones for ouside purpose. Last post on 9/13/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for balance with slight bass. Last post on 8/5/12 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Couldn't find much on the internet about these, so I took the plunge. Pros: Nice aesthetics Solid build quality Cheaper than Bose equivalent, looks and feels nicer,...
I don't claim to be an expert audiophile. More of a wannabe. I do love finding under the radar headphones with good value. I can compare this to a few other bluetooth headsets I have spent some...
Brainwavz M1 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation back in the day for the sample. Full length old review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/499583/brainwavz-m1-review Brief: Old but...
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003
Poll Results: Best SQ, flattest eq, largest Soundstage, and most comfortable
12 Total Votespost #1 of 46/27/12 at 12:39pmThread Starter
25% (3)Shure SRH840
50% (6)Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80
25% (3)Fischer Audio FA-003
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/27/12 at 2:04pmThread Starterpost #3 of 46/27/12 at 2:27pm
I own the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm and Brainwarz HM5 (FA-003)
The DT770 are bassy headphones, my old ears can not take then for more then 20 minutes (but it's still a nice full bass).
My HM5 are not as bassy as the DT770, which means I can wear them for much longer periods of time.
I would push the HM5 over the DT770s
Kind wished I had gotten the FA-003, so I would have the Velour ear pads,
but there is nothing really wrong with the HM5 pads.post #4 of 46/27/12 at 3:00pm
Owned both the SRH840 and the HM5 (FA-003 equivalent). Haven't had the pleasure of hearing the DT770 80 ohm - but briefly heard the DT770 250 ohm. The 80's are supposed to be the bassier version of the DT770's based on what I've heard. Purple can give you a confirm on that.
Anyway - my thoughts based on your criteria:
Best SQ - very subjective. Depends what you like. I personally preferred the SRH840 - it's the one closed phone I've actually been thinking about repurchasing. It does have a mid-bass boost, but that adds to the overall tonality for me. What I liked best is the mid-range on the Shures. Has an overall feeling of balance - but not what I'd call 'flat'. They were very 'alive' and 'dynamic'. FA-003/HM5 very balanced, at times 'polite'. DT770 (I'm talking about the 250 more than 80) fun cans - more of a U shaped EQ.
Flattest EQ - FA-003 > SRH840 > DT770
Largest S-stage - really difficult one - all closed phones, so none really have a large stage. If anything, the FA-003 marginally over the SRH840
Most comfort - DT770 >= FA-003 > SRH840 (but I personally found all 3 quite comfortable for long use).
All 3 cans have their strengths - depends on your personal preference as far as music genre, and preferred tone go. I'm a mid-range junkie - so the SRH840 would be my personal preference.
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 25 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 33 seconds ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 1 minute ago
- › Nad D Range 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › What are some good DIY Tube Amp kits? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › It's not the D, it's the A that will kill you... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman: Terrible experience with RE-400i and the company's... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for $15 or under IEMs (Canada) 4 minutes ago
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by mark2410
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)