I need sound quality, comfort, flattest equalizer and best sound stage, and easy to drive, but improve-able by an amp. I will be using it for home and portable listening and gaming, but portability is no object.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productBRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/27/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new headphones. Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for new headphones. I'm new, please don't hurt me. Last post on 9/14/12 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help to choose headphones for ouside purpose. Last post on 9/13/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for balance with slight bass. Last post on 8/5/12 at 12:07am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003
Poll Results: Best SQ, flattest eq, largest Soundstage, and most comfortable
12 Total Votespost #1 of 46/27/12 at 12:39pmThread Starter
25% (3)Shure SRH840
50% (6)Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80
25% (3)Fischer Audio FA-003
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/27/12 at 2:04pmThread Starterpost #3 of 46/27/12 at 2:27pm
I own the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm and Brainwarz HM5 (FA-003)
The DT770 are bassy headphones, my old ears can not take then for more then 20 minutes (but it's still a nice full bass).
My HM5 are not as bassy as the DT770, which means I can wear them for much longer periods of time.
I would push the HM5 over the DT770s
Kind wished I had gotten the FA-003, so I would have the Velour ear pads,
but there is nothing really wrong with the HM5 pads.post #4 of 46/27/12 at 3:00pm
Owned both the SRH840 and the HM5 (FA-003 equivalent). Haven't had the pleasure of hearing the DT770 80 ohm - but briefly heard the DT770 250 ohm. The 80's are supposed to be the bassier version of the DT770's based on what I've heard. Purple can give you a confirm on that.
Anyway - my thoughts based on your criteria:
Best SQ - very subjective. Depends what you like. I personally preferred the SRH840 - it's the one closed phone I've actually been thinking about repurchasing. It does have a mid-bass boost, but that adds to the overall tonality for me. What I liked best is the mid-range on the Shures. Has an overall feeling of balance - but not what I'd call 'flat'. They were very 'alive' and 'dynamic'. FA-003/HM5 very balanced, at times 'polite'. DT770 (I'm talking about the 250 more than 80) fun cans - more of a U shaped EQ.
Flattest EQ - FA-003 > SRH840 > DT770
Largest S-stage - really difficult one - all closed phones, so none really have a large stage. If anything, the FA-003 marginally over the SRH840
Most comfort - DT770 >= FA-003 > SRH840 (but I personally found all 3 quite comfortable for long use).
All 3 cans have their strengths - depends on your personal preference as far as music genre, and preferred tone go. I'm a mid-range junkie - so the SRH840 would be my personal preference.
- Beyer DT770 Pro 80 vs. Shure SRH 840 vs. Fischer FA-003
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 38 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 07/24/2014 1 minute ago
- › [NEW] FiiO E11K Portable Amplifier Info/News Thread (Early... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (NarMoo R1M added 07/03/14 p.... 8 minutes ago
- › Would Hugo benefit from a separate amp with Audeze? 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 10 minutes ago
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)