I'm deciding to buy new headphones and come across 2 i like, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD 25-SP II, which is better to get?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD25SPII Sennheiser HD25-SP Studio Monitor Headphonetagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD 25-1 vs. HD 25SP vs. ATH-M50 Last post on 1/6/12 at 10:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80 Last post on 7/29/12 at 12:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/29/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 II or Audio-Technica ATH-M50S ? Last post on 7/4/12 at 2:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
What is better Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD 25-SP II?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/27/12 at 10:28ampost #3 of 49/9/12 at 8:06ampost #4 of 49/9/12 at 8:46amM50s. The HD25 1 ii has a very narrow soundstage - I would imagine that the sps are worse in every department. M50 is a great can and I put it right next to an HD25. If you want something that's on-ear, cheaper and with a wider soundstage it sounds like you would like the K181DJ. They're smoother in treble and more balanced overall than the M50 plus they isolate more. Just as resolving to my ears.
- What is better Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD 25-SP II?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Currently, there are 3232 Active Users (610 Members and 2622 Guests)
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 27 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › grado 325i 4 minutes ago
- › Sub $80 Amp/DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 Certificate for Frequency Response Arrived 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Valhalla 2 review coming soon! 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 8 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)