I'm deciding to buy new headphones and come across 2 i like, Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD 25-SP II, which is better to get?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD25SPII Sennheiser HD25-SP Studio Monitor Headphonetagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD 25-1 vs. HD 25SP vs. ATH-M50 Last post on 1/6/12 at 10:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Travelling headphones - ath-m50 or v-moda m80/100 Last post on 10/16/12 at 2:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser hd 439 vs Ath M50 vs Vmoda m80 Last post on 7/29/12 at 12:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K550 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 4/29/13 at 3:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 II or Audio-Technica ATH-M50S ? Last post on 7/4/12 at 2:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
What is better Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD 25-SP II?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/27/12 at 10:28ampost #3 of 49/9/12 at 8:06ampost #4 of 49/9/12 at 8:46amM50s. The HD25 1 ii has a very narrow soundstage - I would imagine that the sps are worse in every department. M50 is a great can and I put it right next to an HD25. If you want something that's on-ear, cheaper and with a wider soundstage it sounds like you would like the K181DJ. They're smoother in treble and more balanced overall than the M50 plus they isolate more. Just as resolving to my ears.
- What is better Audio-Technica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD 25-SP II?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Currently, there are 2610 Active Users (528 Members and 2082 Guests)
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 20 seconds ago
- › Ipod gen 7 Classic 240gb 41 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 52 seconds ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › What brand IEM do you support? 59 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › New Sennheiser Momentum In ear 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)