Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6... - Page 17

post #241 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

that;s exactly what I'm getting <3 

Hope you like your new setup, not exactly audio perfectionism but hey, its your own personal tastes :)

post #242 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

And then thats why we have people like FiiO that announce this and offer you same price alternatives that are authorized.

Yeah FiiO as a company has impressed me alot since i joined head fi a few days ago i cant wait to get one of their amps as soon as an LOD cable comes out for the ipod touch 5th generation

post #243 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeGz View Post

Yeah FiiO as a company has impressed me alot since i joined head fi a few days ago i cant wait to get one of their amps as soon as an LOD cable comes out for the ipod touch 5th generation

I have not paid attention to exactly what is happening with the new generation. No idea if it has Line out with analog audio capabilities still or something.

 

I am imaginging a black stealth but silver metal outer casing similar to the iPhone 4/4S/5's outer body but with the Lightning dock and then a nice cable with braided outside 


Edited by bowei006 - 9/24/12 at 5:49pm
post #244 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Hope you like your new setup, not exactly audio perfectionism but hey, its your own personal tastes :)

Hey man I'm getting there, did I tell you im Going dt 880 with the Hm601, it's not perfrect but I'm getting there! 

post #245 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I have not paid attention to exactly what is happening with the new generation. No idea if it has Line out with analog audio capabilities still or something.

 

I am imaginging a black stealth but silver metal outer casing similar to the iPhone 4/4S/5's outer body but with the Lightning dock and then a nice cable with braided outside 

Im getting a white and silver one but its funny because ever since i joined this website i stopped being excited about my ipod and more about getting some good headphones and amp haha oh and nice videos on youtube by the way at least i think they're yours. Kinda what got me to want amps from FiiO

post #246 of 283

Hey there.  I've been lurking around headfi for a while now, but just created an account to post about my E6.  

 

I bought it through Amazon from SMI Corporation early August.  I cracked open the case and the battery has the foam and looks identical to the one in the picture in the original post.  It appears that mine is legit.  I couldn't tell just by the outside indications so I had to pop it open.

post #247 of 283

Just buy it from headroom guys its only gonna cost u a few bucks more and u dont have to worry about getting a fake and they ship really fast ordered mine sunday its gonna be here Wed

post #248 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by uselessbass View Post

Just buy it from headroom guys its only gonna cost u a few bucks more and u dont have to worry about getting a fake and they ship really fast ordered mine sunday its gonna be here Wed

I might just do that... I'm hearing that the E11 has some issues... although maybe I should look into a cMoy and be done with Fiio Troubles! 

post #249 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

I might just do that... I'm hearing that the E11 has some issues... although maybe I should look into a cMoy and be done with Fiio Troubles! 

WHat's the issue with Fiio E11 ?

I've been using it so far and didn't encounter any issue at all.

post #250 of 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSantana View Post

WHat's the issue with Fiio E11 ?

I've been using it so far and didn't encounter any issue at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralStorm View Post

FiiO E11 is a decent cheap amp with a few pretty bad flaws:

1) It cannot be used while it's charging - connected via USB

2) Grabs RF noise like it's paid for it

3) Relatively low power, so I wouldn't use it with e.g. Sennheiser HD 650, Hifiman HE-400 or Beyerdynamic DT 880-250

4) Relatively short battery life: ~10h

5) Bad clipping behavior with low impedance low sensitivity headphones

This is what I was told, and I took it for face value, and on that note I went with an $80 cMoy 2.03 Bass Boost 2x9V rechargeable. Which has more power and less issues, the only issues with the cMoy is that well I have to buy a 24VDC Cord for it along with an adapter [so it cost me about $100] -.- so that's not bad imo, my options where 140 e17 or 55 e11 and I hit the middle with the cMoy I got, now there are $60 cMoys and maybe some even cheaper...

 

Still I only went with the cMoy because the Dt 880's needed the power, I've been told that the E11 isnt enough to really push the 250 Ohm dt 880 due to it's low sensitivity!

 

PLUS with my T2 set up I wanted something unique and TOTALLY not main stream, so Hifiman, Dt 880 pro and cMoy... something that's a step away from my Fiio Sony fix

post #251 of 283

I bought a Fiio d3 from Electronica Direct on amazon - it was sold as "open box".  I have found out maybe too late that Electronica Direct is not an authorized reseller but also not on the black list.  Are there fake d3's out there?  Is there a serial number on the box or unit?

post #252 of 283

sorry for the late reply, there are not fake D3 has been reported yet, all out products is "open box " , but the new batch should come with anti-forgery label. it will be more easy to identify from next year because all the stocked unit at our agents should sold out.

post #253 of 283

Good news then, thank you!

post #254 of 283

Hi there, just bought an FiiO e6 from Amazon Germany (first one bought in Europe, they say!) Received it a couple days ago and, according to the pics in the first post, it seems legit. Amazon's provider was Urban Tech.

 

Sounds great with my Sennheiser HD201. Best quality, for my taste, is without any equalization.
 

post #255 of 283

I was speaking to Ray Samuels today and asked him if there were any knockoffs of his products and he said there were and he was quite surprised when looking at one how close they were able to copy the RS version.  I think this was the Chinese market, where copyright laws are non-existent. 

 

- No Disc

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FiiO
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Head-Fi Special Forums › Premier Sponsor Forums and Sponsor Forums › Sponsor Forums › FiiO › Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to distinguish a genuine FiiO E6 from a fake one