Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Advice on a new open and closed headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advice on a new open and closed headphone - Page 3

post #31 of 36
Thread Starter 

I was very happy with it.  Really been loving the D2000s.  Wish I could try out the D5000s.  If I find a good deal, I might have to pick them up and then try to sell the D2000s.  Maybe a trade plus cash if possible.

post #32 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcpitt View Post

I was very happy with it.  Really been loving the D2000s.  Wish I could try out the D5000s.  If I find a good deal, I might have to pick them up and then try to sell the D2000s.  Maybe a trade plus cash if possible.

Forget the D5000 and get the D7000. IMO the jump there is much more obvious.
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


Forget the D5000 and get the D7000. IMO the jump there is much more obvious.

ah really? Tyll from Inner Fidelity notes a notable jump from the d2000 to the d5000 but not so much from the d5000 to the d7000, which is why he picked the d5000 over the d7000 for his wall of fame, in regards to the d5000 having a better price/ performance ratio. 

post #34 of 36

With the used market prices where they are lately the D7000 isn't that much and if you want the best you'll ever get out of the D2/5/7 series I'd get the D7000.

 

The D5000 has always been kind of a lost sheep in my mind, but price/performance he may have a point.

 

EDIT: I'd go for new cups before going from the D2 to the D5. You'll get more out of what you've got that way.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleTurtle View Post

ah really? Tyll from Inner Fidelity notes a notable jump from the d2000 to the d5000 but not so much from the d5000 to the d7000, which is why he picked the d5000 over the d7000 for his wall of fame, in regards to the d5000 having a better price/ performance ratio. 


Edited by MorbidToaster - 7/5/12 at 1:45pm
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

With the used market prices where they are lately the D7000 isn't that much and if you want the best you'll ever get out of the D2/5/7 series I'd get the D7000.

 

The D5000 has always been kind of a lost sheep in my mind, but price/performance he may have a point.

 

EDIT: I'd go for new cups before going from the D2 to the D5. You'll get more out of what you've got that way.

 

 

 

modding? what new cups?

post #36 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon View Post


modding? what new cups?

Professionally tuned mods. Lawton Audio. Gorgeous work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Advice on a new open and closed headphone