So I want to buy a pair of headphones for somebody since their constantly complaining about how they have to ramp up the volume when they walk because they cant hear the music when cars go by but I have no idea what to get. My budget is $30 or $40 and I was thinkin maybe some Klipsch S4 but I don't know if their noise isolation is that good or not. Any suggestions?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/26/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/26/12
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphonestagged by System, 6/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best IEM for $300? Last post on 7/31/12 at 10:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new ear phones Last post on 7/30/12 at 11:08am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4 or Shure SE215? Last post on 10/10/12 at 11:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch S4 / Looking to Buy IEMs Last post on 7/23/12 at 11:02am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What IEM Should I Get Last post on 7/23/12 at 12:10am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
Cheap in-ear noise isolation buds
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 66/26/12 at 8:31pm
I used to own S4's a loooooong time ago. The headphones did block out most noise outside like Klipsch claims but obviously big trucks and motorcycles do manage to get through. The sound isn't good, for under $30 you shouldn't expect too much. They sounded fairly flat and were like studio monitors. The bass is also lacking quite a bit.
Edited by JustinBieber - 6/26/12 at 9:49pmpost #3 of 66/26/12 at 9:47pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by JustinBieber
I used to own S4's a loooooong time ago. The headphones did block out most noise outside like Klipsch claims but obviously big trucks and motorcycles do manage to get through. The sound isn't to good either, for under $30 you shouldn't expect too much. They sounded fairly flat and were like studio monitors. The bass is also lacking quite a bit.
Yea im not expecting much just decent sound quality but some nice noise isolationpost #4 of 66/28/12 at 5:04ampost #5 of 66/28/12 at 5:48am
Have a look at the Thermaltake Isurus. $25 on Amazon, good sound quality, bass and noise isolation and mic included. Other than some reliability issues, I own them and love them. Upgraded to the Shure SE215s but them still haven't come yet :|Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cheap in-ear noise isolation buds
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 14 seconds ago
- › Just checking -- is it widely accepted that a $1,000 speaker system... 39 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ESW9A 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Most underrated and overrated headphone? For a bit of fun :) 2 minutes ago
- › PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset... 2 minutes ago
- › HIM-901 with IEM card 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › MAKING A DECENT HI-FI POWER SUPPLY FOR XONAR ESSENCE 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude