What are the ups and downs of a Ultrasone HFI-580?
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone, mp3 player help(newbie) Last post on 9/24/12 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
Ultrasone HFI-580 Pros and Cons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/26/12 at 2:47ampost #3 of 56/26/12 at 7:08amPros:
- Very tight and punchy bass which retains a lot of detail
- Energetic treble which suits genres like rock and electronic well
- S-Logic appears to enlarge soundstage a little (at least in my case)
- Top contender as a budget basshead's headphone
- Though bass is of extremely high quality, the quantity may not be enough for hardcore bassheads desensitized to bass
- Only comes in an annoyingly long cord (unless you purchase the DJ-1, same thing but with different designs and a coiled cord)
- Mids are subdued and laid backpost #4 of 56/26/12 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #5 of 56/26/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
Vastly, VASTLY prefer the M50s over the HFI-580. The HFI-580 has a more imbalanced tonality, less comfort, less clarity, more sibilance, worse sub-bass extension, weird treble expression, weirdly shaped soundstage (probably due to their S-Logic).
- Ultrasone HFI-580 Pros and Cons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3417 Active Users (709 Members and 2708 Guests)
- › Music Game IX 36 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 43 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › McIntosh MHA-100 headphone amplifier review 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS160, 170 ,180... Anyone? 4 minutes ago
- › Inspire IHA-1 tube headphone amp 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Direct / HIFIMAN Customer Service TEAM 5 minutes ago
- › Pair of Mullard ECC88 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2