What are the ups and downs of a Ultrasone HFI-580?
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone, mp3 player help(newbie) Last post on 9/24/12 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
Ultrasone HFI-580 Pros and Cons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/26/12 at 2:47ampost #3 of 56/26/12 at 7:08amPros:
- Very tight and punchy bass which retains a lot of detail
- Energetic treble which suits genres like rock and electronic well
- S-Logic appears to enlarge soundstage a little (at least in my case)
- Top contender as a budget basshead's headphone
- Though bass is of extremely high quality, the quantity may not be enough for hardcore bassheads desensitized to bass
- Only comes in an annoyingly long cord (unless you purchase the DJ-1, same thing but with different designs and a coiled cord)
- Mids are subdued and laid backpost #4 of 56/26/12 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #5 of 56/26/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
Vastly, VASTLY prefer the M50s over the HFI-580. The HFI-580 has a more imbalanced tonality, less comfort, less clarity, more sibilance, worse sub-bass extension, weird treble expression, weirdly shaped soundstage (probably due to their S-Logic).
- Ultrasone HFI-580 Pros and Cons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
Currently, there are 2412 Active Users (505 Members and 1907 Guests)
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 21 seconds ago
- › I tried B&O and it seems like it lacks bass very much 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Which device can block noisy human voice, bird singing,... 1 minute ago
- › Which Porcupine Tree \ Steven Wilson Album? 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RSA SR71b, quad mono balanced. img. 1 & 17 Review pg 32, 34, 68,... 4 minutes ago
- › AMB Gamma 2 DAC full ++ model 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi