What are the ups and downs of a Ultrasone HFI-580?
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone, mp3 player help(newbie) Last post on 9/24/12 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Ultrasone HFI-580 Pros and Cons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/26/12 at 2:47ampost #3 of 56/26/12 at 7:08amPros:
- Very tight and punchy bass which retains a lot of detail
- Energetic treble which suits genres like rock and electronic well
- S-Logic appears to enlarge soundstage a little (at least in my case)
- Top contender as a budget basshead's headphone
- Though bass is of extremely high quality, the quantity may not be enough for hardcore bassheads desensitized to bass
- Only comes in an annoyingly long cord (unless you purchase the DJ-1, same thing but with different designs and a coiled cord)
- Mids are subdued and laid backpost #4 of 56/26/12 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #5 of 56/26/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
Vastly, VASTLY prefer the M50s over the HFI-580. The HFI-580 has a more imbalanced tonality, less comfort, less clarity, more sibilance, worse sub-bass extension, weird treble expression, weirdly shaped soundstage (probably due to their S-Logic).
- Ultrasone HFI-580 Pros and Cons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3058 Active Users (542 Members and 2516 Guests)
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 3 minutes ago
- › Bassy headphones for $150-200 max 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1/28 + V-MODA BoomPro, what else? 5 minutes ago
- › Where to Buy Narrow Barrelled 3.5mm Audio Cables ? 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)