What are the ups and downs of a Ultrasone HFI-580?
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones for the office: ATH-M50 vs. M-Audio Q40 Last post on 10/16/12 at 9:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything better than ATH-M50 for $120? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio technica ATH M50 (Integrated soundcard or Dedicated sound card) Last post on 2/9/13 at 7:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone, mp3 player help(newbie) Last post on 9/24/12 at 10:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HFI-780 vs. ATH-M50 vs. SRH840 or other ? [SOLVED] Last post on 10/11/12 at 8:53am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
Ultrasone HFI-580 Pros and Cons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/26/12 at 2:47ampost #3 of 56/26/12 at 7:08amPros:
- Very tight and punchy bass which retains a lot of detail
- Energetic treble which suits genres like rock and electronic well
- S-Logic appears to enlarge soundstage a little (at least in my case)
- Top contender as a budget basshead's headphone
- Though bass is of extremely high quality, the quantity may not be enough for hardcore bassheads desensitized to bass
- Only comes in an annoyingly long cord (unless you purchase the DJ-1, same thing but with different designs and a coiled cord)
- Mids are subdued and laid backpost #4 of 56/26/12 at 12:20pmThread Starterpost #5 of 56/26/12 at 12:25pmQuote:
Vastly, VASTLY prefer the M50s over the HFI-580. The HFI-580 has a more imbalanced tonality, less comfort, less clarity, more sibilance, worse sub-bass extension, weird treble expression, weirdly shaped soundstage (probably due to their S-Logic).
- Ultrasone HFI-580 Pros and Cons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 3510 Active Users (670 Members and 2840 Guests)
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 70 Vs. Pioneer dje-1500 Vs. Aurisonic Rockets 2 minutes ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)