Anybody opened the plug or the wires of the AH-D7000? How many wires get to the 1/4" plug ( can't open it, even I saw a picture of an open one online ) is it 2 or 4 wires? I need to replace it with a 4 pin XLR , but need to know if it's got + & - for the left and the right, that reach the provided plug, as I do not wish to rewire them completely. Anybody who just replaced with XLR without rewiring might have my answer. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
There is just so much craptastic dreck in the
This is my first review and it's going to be brief...Never in my life have I been so damn impressed with an audio product (I have a bunch) than I am with my Custom K10's!!! There is not 1 thing...
INTRODUCTION Hello again guys, I am Areek Nibras, a junior Head-fier and a recently graduated physician from Bangladesh, currently doing post-graduation training in Internal medicine. Today I will...
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Helppost #1 of 46/25/12 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/25/12 at 3:16pm
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15post #3 of 46/25/12 at 3:22pm
There always has to be at least 3 conductors, never 2, in a stereo headphone; and that's for single-sided entry. All dual entry stereo headphones have at least 4 conductors somewhere in the chain, +/- for each driver; though they may be merged into 3 connectors down the cable since 3.5mm and 6.3mm plugs are 3-conductor (usually).
Edited by soundstige - 6/25/12 at 3:23pmpost #4 of 46/25/12 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by KZCloud89
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15
Thanks, I need to terminate mine also with a 4-pin XLR, and I was not sure about the wire.
- AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Help
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 38 seconds ago
- › Denon D7000s, Xi-Fi Titanium HD and 2.1 Speakers 46 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 55 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 6 minutes ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › What's a good portable headphone $100 alternative to m50x 13 minutes ago
- › 1MORE EO323 Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by leesure
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Bighappy
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by areek
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse