Anybody opened the plug or the wires of the AH-D7000? How many wires get to the 1/4" plug ( can't open it, even I saw a picture of an open one online ) is it 2 or 4 wires? I need to replace it with a 4 pin XLR , but need to know if it's got + & - for the left and the right, that reach the provided plug, as I do not wish to rewire them completely. Anybody who just replaced with XLR without rewiring might have my answer. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Helppost #1 of 46/25/12 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/25/12 at 3:16pm
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15post #3 of 46/25/12 at 3:22pm
There always has to be at least 3 conductors, never 2, in a stereo headphone; and that's for single-sided entry. All dual entry stereo headphones have at least 4 conductors somewhere in the chain, +/- for each driver; though they may be merged into 3 connectors down the cable since 3.5mm and 6.3mm plugs are 3-conductor (usually).
Edited by soundstige - 6/25/12 at 3:23pmpost #4 of 46/25/12 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by KZCloud89
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15
Thanks, I need to terminate mine also with a 4-pin XLR, and I was not sure about the wire.
- AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Help
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 6 seconds ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 19 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 29 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Omni - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › IEM <120€ with good Vocals and Clarity - NuForce Ne800M? 6 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...