Anybody opened the plug or the wires of the AH-D7000? How many wires get to the 1/4" plug ( can't open it, even I saw a picture of an open one online ) is it 2 or 4 wires? I need to replace it with a 4 pin XLR , but need to know if it's got + & - for the left and the right, that reach the provided plug, as I do not wish to rewire them completely. Anybody who just replaced with XLR without rewiring might have my answer. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Thanks guys for helping to get this review featured! The support I've gotten so far is amazing and I look forward to bringing more reviews to the Head-Fi community. AUDIO TECHNICA'S...
AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Helppost #1 of 46/25/12 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/25/12 at 3:16pm
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15post #3 of 46/25/12 at 3:22pm
There always has to be at least 3 conductors, never 2, in a stereo headphone; and that's for single-sided entry. All dual entry stereo headphones have at least 4 conductors somewhere in the chain, +/- for each driver; though they may be merged into 3 connectors down the cable since 3.5mm and 6.3mm plugs are 3-conductor (usually).
Edited by soundstige - 6/25/12 at 3:23pmpost #4 of 46/25/12 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by KZCloud89
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15
Thanks, I need to terminate mine also with a 4-pin XLR, and I was not sure about the wire.
- AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Help
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 11 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › FLAC Collection + PC + Burson Conductor SL + SENN HD650 best way to... 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 4 minutes ago
- › Premium quad (balanced) Khozmo attenuator with PRP resistors 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › Nokia Lumia 635 by mark2410
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)