Anybody opened the plug or the wires of the AH-D7000? How many wires get to the 1/4" plug ( can't open it, even I saw a picture of an open one online ) is it 2 or 4 wires? I need to replace it with a 4 pin XLR , but need to know if it's got + & - for the left and the right, that reach the provided plug, as I do not wish to rewire them completely. Anybody who just replaced with XLR without rewiring might have my answer. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Virgin - Needs Advice - Never had a Headphone Last post on 2/8/13 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Helppost #1 of 46/25/12 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/25/12 at 3:16pm
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15post #3 of 46/25/12 at 3:22pm
There always has to be at least 3 conductors, never 2, in a stereo headphone; and that's for single-sided entry. All dual entry stereo headphones have at least 4 conductors somewhere in the chain, +/- for each driver; though they may be merged into 3 connectors down the cable since 3.5mm and 6.3mm plugs are 3-conductor (usually).
Edited by soundstige - 6/25/12 at 3:23pmpost #4 of 46/25/12 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by KZCloud89
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15
Thanks, I need to terminate mine also with a 4-pin XLR, and I was not sure about the wire.
- AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Help
- Headphone Impedance
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 20 seconds ago
- › Do I sell AH-D7000 or PS-500 to make room for Audeze LCD2.2? 24 seconds ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 31 seconds ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 41 seconds ago
- › Htc One 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] XBA-3 VS XBA-30 VS XBA-40 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 3 minutes ago
- › Best closed headphones under 350$? 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe