Anybody opened the plug or the wires of the AH-D7000? How many wires get to the 1/4" plug ( can't open it, even I saw a picture of an open one online ) is it 2 or 4 wires? I need to replace it with a 4 pin XLR , but need to know if it's got + & - for the left and the right, that reach the provided plug, as I do not wish to rewire them completely. Anybody who just replaced with XLR without rewiring might have my answer. Thanks
Related Forum Threads
- Based on my history which headphone is best for me or should i stick with CIEM? Last post on 6/11/13 at 3:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed cans for under 700$ Last post on 10/29/12 at 4:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top quality Closed headphones under $600? Last post on 1/22/13 at 12:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What are the best clear sounding headphones? Last post on 10/8/12 at 8:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Helppost #1 of 46/25/12 at 1:39pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/25/12 at 3:16pm
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15post #3 of 46/25/12 at 3:22pm
There always has to be at least 3 conductors, never 2, in a stereo headphone; and that's for single-sided entry. All dual entry stereo headphones have at least 4 conductors somewhere in the chain, +/- for each driver; though they may be merged into 3 connectors down the cable since 3.5mm and 6.3mm plugs are 3-conductor (usually).
Edited by soundstige - 6/25/12 at 3:23pmpost #4 of 46/25/12 at 3:41pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by KZCloud89
I have re-terminated my D7000 cable with 4-pin XLR to use it with my balanced amp (WA22). There are for sure 4 conductors in the cable. You can see some pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic/15
Thanks, I need to terminate mine also with a 4-pin XLR, and I was not sure about the wire.
- AH-D7000 , how many wires are soldered to the 1/4" plug ? Help
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 36 seconds ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 38 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 48 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › dac/amp for akg k712 pro 5 minutes ago
- › Auralic Taurus Balanced Amp 4 pins xlr 5 minutes ago
- › NAD VISO HP 50 HEADPHONES. 6 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 8 minutes ago
- › Recommend good transport with AES/EBU? 10 minutes ago
- › Newbie here need advice for portable headphone amp. 10 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear