Looking to try something with my current car stereo that has a digital coax input.. playing lossless through this would use the headunits DAC which is of high quality. I figured you guys would know what is out better than a caraudio forum.
Related Forum Threads
- What portable players do wifi? Last post on 8/30/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- Recommend me a player with a big stonking HDD Last post on 7/21/12 at 5:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Portable Lossless player with digital output?post #1 of 116/25/12 at 1:37pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 116/25/12 at 2:46pmThread Starterpost #3 of 116/26/12 at 4:22ampost #4 of 116/26/12 at 7:46ampost #5 of 116/26/12 at 8:47ampost #6 of 116/29/12 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Its a Sound Monitor CDT-450x.. JDM.. so you don't see to many in the US.. very good for SQ competitions etc.. very natural sound.post #7 of 117/24/12 at 9:17amThread Starterpost #8 of 117/24/12 at 11:30ampost #9 of 117/25/12 at 6:33ampost #10 of 117/25/12 at 6:31pmpost #11 of 119/19/12 at 3:01am
I use an i-20 dock with an iphone and an old ipod. that allows me to use spotify, which now streams 320kbps (and lets you sync up so it works offline as well)
I personally can't tell the difference between the songs streamed by spotify and the CD versions, except for rare esoteric stuff which Spotify only has in lower bitrate formats, and before someone starts bashing, yes, I have A/B tested this on DT880 Pro's and in my car, which I won't go on about because it will make me sound like a ******.
Anyway, the I-20 dock is about $100. It bypasses the Iphone/iPod's DAC and gives you SPDIF optical, coax digital, and RCAs, including video. Someone had tested the I-20 using rightmark and I believe it was bit-perfect.
So while this doesn't answer the question (the I-20 isn't a player in itself) I believe it would solve your problem, since most of us now have an iPod or an old iPhone laying around.
For competing, I don't know that it will work. I don't know about IASCA, but I know an actual CD player was required for MECA last time I checked
- Portable Lossless player with digital output?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- iBasso DX100 Reference DAPNo reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Grain Audio IEHP.01 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Concero 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Planar Magnetic Headphones - Ear Pressure? 5 minutes ago
- › Thinking of getting custom molds for Universal IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude