Looking to try something with my current car stereo that has a digital coax input.. playing lossless through this would use the headunits DAC which is of high quality. I figured you guys would know what is out better than a caraudio forum.
Related Forum Threads
- What portable players do wifi? Last post on 8/30/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- Recommend me a player with a big stonking HDD Last post on 7/21/12 at 5:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Portable Lossless player with digital output?post #1 of 116/25/12 at 1:37pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 116/25/12 at 2:46pmThread Starterpost #3 of 116/26/12 at 4:22ampost #4 of 116/26/12 at 7:46ampost #5 of 116/26/12 at 8:47ampost #6 of 116/29/12 at 12:34pmThread StarterQuote:
Its a Sound Monitor CDT-450x.. JDM.. so you don't see to many in the US.. very good for SQ competitions etc.. very natural sound.post #7 of 117/24/12 at 9:17amThread Starterpost #8 of 117/24/12 at 11:30ampost #9 of 117/25/12 at 6:33ampost #10 of 117/25/12 at 6:31pmpost #11 of 119/19/12 at 3:01am
I use an i-20 dock with an iphone and an old ipod. that allows me to use spotify, which now streams 320kbps (and lets you sync up so it works offline as well)
I personally can't tell the difference between the songs streamed by spotify and the CD versions, except for rare esoteric stuff which Spotify only has in lower bitrate formats, and before someone starts bashing, yes, I have A/B tested this on DT880 Pro's and in my car, which I won't go on about because it will make me sound like a ******.
Anyway, the I-20 dock is about $100. It bypasses the Iphone/iPod's DAC and gives you SPDIF optical, coax digital, and RCAs, including video. Someone had tested the I-20 using rightmark and I believe it was bit-perfect.
So while this doesn't answer the question (the I-20 isn't a player in itself) I believe it would solve your problem, since most of us now have an iPod or an old iPhone laying around.
For competing, I don't know that it will work. I don't know about IASCA, but I know an actual CD player was required for MECA last time I checked
- Portable Lossless player with digital output?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 19 seconds ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 19 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 24 seconds ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Need Help Buying Good Pair of Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Wanted: A friendly Scandinavian to help me find a white/orange Koss... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K400 FS [EU, WORLDWIDE] 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › X3 czech translation 7 minutes ago
- › Peachtree Audio Nova High Gloss Black 10 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude