Looking to try something with my current car stereo that has a digital coax input.. playing lossless through this would use the headunits DAC which is of high quality. I figured you guys would know what is out better than a caraudio forum.
Related Forum Threads
- What portable players do wifi? Last post on 8/30/12 at 12:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Do you need an audiophile grade MP3 player when you already have an audiophile grade portable amp? Last post on 11/11/12 at 10:50am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding portable source? Last post on 12/19/12 at 11:17am in Portable Source Gear
- Recommend me a player with a big stonking HDD Last post on 7/21/12 at 5:47am in Portable Source Gear
- Which portable player has the best SQ? Last post on 8/2/12 at 12:14pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Edited on 12/28/12
I have a review thread comparing the Sony EX1000, 7550, XBA-4 and XBA-40...
I have made a review thread comparing the Sony MDR-1R with the Sennhesier Momentum, MDR-Z1000, Logitech UE 6000, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AIAIAI TMA-1...
I have made a review thread comparing the Momentum with the Sony MDR-1R, MDR-Z1000, Logitech UE 6000, Audio Technica ATH-M50 and AIAIAI TMA-1...
This review is reposted from my blog: http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/soundmagic-hp200-review.html Disclaimer: The HP200 was given to me by SoundMAGIC for this review. This...
Firstly let's get some things squared away: I do not believe in break-in. (Burn-in for those who don't understand terminology.) I do not believe cable materials alter sound. I do not...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Portable Lossless player with digital output?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Its a Sound Monitor CDT-450x.. JDM.. so you don't see to many in the US.. very good for SQ competitions etc.. very natural sound.
I use an i-20 dock with an iphone and an old ipod. that allows me to use spotify, which now streams 320kbps (and lets you sync up so it works offline as well)
I personally can't tell the difference between the songs streamed by spotify and the CD versions, except for rare esoteric stuff which Spotify only has in lower bitrate formats, and before someone starts bashing, yes, I have A/B tested this on DT880 Pro's and in my car, which I won't go on about because it will make me sound like a ******.
Anyway, the I-20 dock is about $100. It bypasses the Iphone/iPod's DAC and gives you SPDIF optical, coax digital, and RCAs, including video. Someone had tested the I-20 using rightmark and I believe it was bit-perfect.
So while this doesn't answer the question (the I-20 isn't a player in itself) I believe it would solve your problem, since most of us now have an iPod or an old iPhone laying around.
For competing, I don't know that it will work. I don't know about IASCA, but I know an actual CD player was required for MECA last time I checked
- Portable Lossless player with digital output?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Pioneer Releases New Headphones: HDJ 1500 20 seconds ago
- › Newb advice - Affordable headphones for classical music.... 1 minute ago
- › Cheap AMP for my headphone 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 5 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7550 In-Ear Monitors (IEM) by a_recording
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-1R by a_recording
- › Sennheiser Momentum by a_recording
- › Soundmagic HP200 by Quadpatch
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Lightweight Audiophile AV Over-Ear Headphones (Black) by CrystalT
- › JVC HA-FXT90 by JoeDoe
- › Firestone Tobby by project86
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe