Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 2/10/15 at 9:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portaphile amp reborn!! Last post on 6/11/12 at 3:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
Aune B1 portable headphone amplifier Review [[SPOILER]] Intro: Focusing on achieving high quality sound at a competitive price point while utilizing premium materials and uniquely eye-catching...
Ok i'll just jump straight to the point, should you buy this? Absolutely Not . Here's why; - It's a screen-less shuffle style player, obviously not intended to compete with the screened DAP...
- Headphone Impedance
Portaphile 627 Review - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yeah, it's like a blue headlight. I'll have to A-B it with the Alo National, because I haven't listened to the National since I got the Portaphile. Without A-Bing it, with the caveat that memory is unreliable, I can say that I'm enjoying my music a whole lot better with the Portaphile... it seems much more weighty, dynamic, engaging, and alive.
Yes, the top of the board is pretty vacant which can be little misleading. There are 13 IC's on the bottom of the board including three OPA627's and six BUF634's and all of the audio section thin film SMD resistors. Hopefully someone can post a pic of the bottom of the board.
My review was completed with customs, you might make 6 but that's really a stretch. It's a class A amp so it uses quite a bit of power. I got 5 hours max out of mine but if you listen quieter than I do you might just make 6.
Finally got around to posting pics of the right side of the bread board within the original review. Should have everything you need from those pics. Regarding the battery life, I use mine at work so it's plugged in all day as well. Definitely gives me at least four hours of life when I take it with me after that. I don't think the charger supplies quite enough current (I confirmed this with Cesar) for a full charging cycle while the amplifier is on so you must turn the amplifier off, unplug the charger and the plug it back in to restart the charging cycle and get a full charge.
- Portaphile 627 Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › K812 vs LCD-X vs HD800 vs TH900 vs HE-6? just now
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 31 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 32 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 56 seconds ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 58 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA7TP (tube power supply) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2