Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 12 amps reviewed (Shonyun 306 added 10/03/12) Last post on 3/11/13 at 2:36am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portaphile amp reborn!! Last post on 6/11/12 at 3:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
- Headphone Impedance
Portaphile 627 Review - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yeah, it's like a blue headlight. I'll have to A-B it with the Alo National, because I haven't listened to the National since I got the Portaphile. Without A-Bing it, with the caveat that memory is unreliable, I can say that I'm enjoying my music a whole lot better with the Portaphile... it seems much more weighty, dynamic, engaging, and alive.
Yes, the top of the board is pretty vacant which can be little misleading. There are 13 IC's on the bottom of the board including three OPA627's and six BUF634's and all of the audio section thin film SMD resistors. Hopefully someone can post a pic of the bottom of the board.
My review was completed with customs, you might make 6 but that's really a stretch. It's a class A amp so it uses quite a bit of power. I got 5 hours max out of mine but if you listen quieter than I do you might just make 6.
Finally got around to posting pics of the right side of the bread board within the original review. Should have everything you need from those pics. Regarding the battery life, I use mine at work so it's plugged in all day as well. Definitely gives me at least four hours of life when I take it with me after that. I don't think the charger supplies quite enough current (I confirmed this with Cesar) for a full charging cycle while the amplifier is on so you must turn the amplifier off, unplug the charger and the plug it back in to restart the charging cycle and get a full charge.
- Portaphile 627 Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 second ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 2 seconds ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 18 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 19 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi-dentification! 30 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 (Stealth) - FitEar 334, Sennheiser IE800,... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 1 minute ago
- › About Twag v3 2 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe