Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 9/3/14 at 4:06am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portaphile amp reborn!! Last post on 6/11/12 at 3:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
- Headphone Impedance
Portaphile 627 Review - Page 2
Yeah, it's like a blue headlight. I'll have to A-B it with the Alo National, because I haven't listened to the National since I got the Portaphile. Without A-Bing it, with the caveat that memory is unreliable, I can say that I'm enjoying my music a whole lot better with the Portaphile... it seems much more weighty, dynamic, engaging, and alive.
Yes, the top of the board is pretty vacant which can be little misleading. There are 13 IC's on the bottom of the board including three OPA627's and six BUF634's and all of the audio section thin film SMD resistors. Hopefully someone can post a pic of the bottom of the board.
My review was completed with customs, you might make 6 but that's really a stretch. It's a class A amp so it uses quite a bit of power. I got 5 hours max out of mine but if you listen quieter than I do you might just make 6.
Finally got around to posting pics of the right side of the bread board within the original review. Should have everything you need from those pics. Regarding the battery life, I use mine at work so it's plugged in all day as well. Definitely gives me at least four hours of life when I take it with me after that. I don't think the charger supplies quite enough current (I confirmed this with Cesar) for a full charging cycle while the amplifier is on so you must turn the amplifier off, unplug the charger and the plug it back in to restart the charging cycle and get a full charge.
- Portaphile 627 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 57 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for portable on-ear headphones with great character... 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 4 minutes ago
- › S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Help***Leaving Sales FeedBack 5 minutes ago
- › Balanced cable for JH16's Pro, yes or no? 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)