Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 2/10/15 at 9:51am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portaphile amp reborn!! Last post on 6/11/12 at 3:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Purchased these this week, and had them replaced with another set - which exhibited the same flaw. Two may be a curse, but they both did the same thing so I would be wary. When on standby,...
Synopsis: The RD3 is part of the next generation of earphones from Rhapsodio. Powered by a single high-end dynamic driver, it has a warm sound and a hearty bass response. The RD3’s design...
Synopsis: The Spectrum Series G10 is the next generation universal fit stage monitor from Future Sonics. Replacing the Atrio with a new driver, housing, and cables, the G10 surpasses it in detail...
- Headphone Impedance
Portaphile 627 Review - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yeah, it's like a blue headlight. I'll have to A-B it with the Alo National, because I haven't listened to the National since I got the Portaphile. Without A-Bing it, with the caveat that memory is unreliable, I can say that I'm enjoying my music a whole lot better with the Portaphile... it seems much more weighty, dynamic, engaging, and alive.
Yes, the top of the board is pretty vacant which can be little misleading. There are 13 IC's on the bottom of the board including three OPA627's and six BUF634's and all of the audio section thin film SMD resistors. Hopefully someone can post a pic of the bottom of the board.
My review was completed with customs, you might make 6 but that's really a stretch. It's a class A amp so it uses quite a bit of power. I got 5 hours max out of mine but if you listen quieter than I do you might just make 6.
Finally got around to posting pics of the right side of the bread board within the original review. Should have everything you need from those pics. Regarding the battery life, I use mine at work so it's plugged in all day as well. Definitely gives me at least four hours of life when I take it with me after that. I don't think the charger supplies quite enough current (I confirmed this with Cesar) for a full charging cycle while the amplifier is on so you must turn the amplifier off, unplug the charger and the plug it back in to restart the charging cycle and get a full charge.
- Portaphile 627 Review
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece 17 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 3 minutes ago
- › Is Sabre ES9018 the best DAC chip right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Best IEM under $150 for Fiio x3 2nd Gen 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Jays q-JAYS & s-JAYS, Prototype impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Budget mid centric IEM 8 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Ray Samuels Emmaline P-51 "Mustang" 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3