Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) Last post on 9/3/14 at 4:06am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portaphile amp reborn!! Last post on 6/11/12 at 3:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp For AKG K240 MKIi Last post on 8/12/12 at 8:24am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
- Headphone Impedance
Portaphile 627 Review - Page 2
Yeah, it's like a blue headlight. I'll have to A-B it with the Alo National, because I haven't listened to the National since I got the Portaphile. Without A-Bing it, with the caveat that memory is unreliable, I can say that I'm enjoying my music a whole lot better with the Portaphile... it seems much more weighty, dynamic, engaging, and alive.
Yes, the top of the board is pretty vacant which can be little misleading. There are 13 IC's on the bottom of the board including three OPA627's and six BUF634's and all of the audio section thin film SMD resistors. Hopefully someone can post a pic of the bottom of the board.
My review was completed with customs, you might make 6 but that's really a stretch. It's a class A amp so it uses quite a bit of power. I got 5 hours max out of mine but if you listen quieter than I do you might just make 6.
Finally got around to posting pics of the right side of the bread board within the original review. Should have everything you need from those pics. Regarding the battery life, I use mine at work so it's plugged in all day as well. Definitely gives me at least four hours of life when I take it with me after that. I don't think the charger supplies quite enough current (I confirmed this with Cesar) for a full charging cycle while the amplifier is on so you must turn the amplifier off, unplug the charger and the plug it back in to restart the charging cycle and get a full charge.
- Portaphile 627 Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 25 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › audeze lcd x and double helix synergy 8 wire balanced cable 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Birthday present for me!! Budget 600$ Headphone/amp/dac setup for... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 3 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)