Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 - Page 12

post #166 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

Think of it this way. The WA2 is a violin. The WA22 is a viola. Bet that helped smily_headphones1.gif

Does that means everything slightly larger?

On the serious note, which you prefer with LCD-3?
post #167 of 213
Thread Starter 
I wrote about that to excession in the first post... ,) But the short answer is LCD3 is generally better with wa22. And most people will agree.
post #168 of 213
this is so confusing
post #169 of 213
Thread Starter 
What is?
post #170 of 213
deciding
post #171 of 213
Thread Starter 
I'll help you out. Get it. biggrin.gif

(Unless you are in a financially desperate position. )
post #172 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardilla View Post

I'll help you out. Get it. biggrin.gif

(Unless you are in a financially desperate position. )

 

i got just enough to buy the WA22 and still pay for all my bills and whatnot. has to be my endgame tube amp. i'm pretty much done with SS amps and with amps for my LCD-3 and HE-500/6. they sound like a multi thousand dollar rig should sound like, pretty much near perfect with no flaws, ultra transparency, and perfect bass, only the stax would be better. but it would cost me my whole rig and all my headphones and tubes to just end up with SR-009 and BHSE.

post #173 of 213
DG, get the WA5LE. It will be the end game tube amp, just get the 300B later, it will also drives your HE-6. WA22 with my hot PWD out and the highest gain tubes still does not do it justice, it does sounds very good but not as good as my beta22.
post #174 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

DG, get the WA5LE. It will be the end game tube amp, just get the 300B later, it will also drives your HE-6. WA22 with my hot PWD out and the highest gain tubes still does not do it justice, it does sounds very good but not as good as my beta22.

 

the LE version will not drive them, it does not put out the 8 watts into 120 ohms like the WA5.

 

i'm only looking for HD 800 and T1 solution at this point, and also something that will work with low impedance like grados. i am convinced that nothing will come close to GSX MK2 with planar performance. 

post #175 of 213
I don't have a T1 to give you impressions. There are not a lot of WA22 with T1 around.
post #176 of 213

there isn't many useful headphone/WA22 impressions. not much on grados either, just a ton of pics and tube rolling and random talk...

post #177 of 213
Yeah, when I brought the WA22 the only review is from seamaster.
post #178 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

this is so confusing

 

I don't think the WA22 would be end game tube amp. Someone near you have 22? Then just bring your headphones for audition? Surely someone does.

post #179 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccabbage View Post

I don't think the WA22 would be end game tube amp. Someone near you have 22? Then just bring your headphones for audition? Surely someone does.

Driving HD800, WA22 is pretty much an end game tube amp as long as you have the "tubes". So far I can't find a better tube amp than WA22 with HD800, it may be different presentations but not better.
post #180 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post


Driving HD800, WA22 is pretty much an end game tube amp as long as you have the "tubes". So far I can't find a better tube amp than WA22 with HD800, it may be different presentations but not better.

 

which tubes are your fav?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22