i feel its more like 400% overpayment if you get the solo's
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productFanny Wang 3000 Series Over-Ear Wangs Luxury Headphones with Active Noise Canceling and Apple Integrated Remote and Mic - Black (FW-3003-BLK)tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productFanny Wang Headphones Co. Over Ear DJ Headphones with Selectable Bass Boost, Tuxedo, (FW-2001-BLK-WHI)tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productFischer Audio Oldskool RPM 33 1/3tagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/26/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 6/25/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 6/26/12More
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Headphones for Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B around $180 Last post on 3/27/13 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with good bass under $150? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD) - Page 2post #16 of 396/27/12 at 8:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 396/27/12 at 8:46am
Just had a thought - if you're really looking for style, you might like these a lot - the Phiaton MS 400. They're excellent for their price, have great, full sound with excellent bass and, of course, they're sexy. http://www.amazon.com/Phiaton-MS-400-Carbon-Headphones/dp/B001EUE6AK?tag=duckduckgo-d-20 They run circles around the Beats and Fanny Wang a thousand times over.post #18 of 396/27/12 at 8:58am
well it took me a few months to start liking the vmoda look but I will probably come up with a few more ideas later but what comes too the top of my head are the shure srh840, audio technica ath m50 (sound professionals removable cable variant and comes in 3 colors), and the aiaiai tma1 but the bass could be considered overwhelming with them.post #19 of 396/27/12 at 11:20pmThread Starter
Thanks for all the great advice!
I was browsing the V-Moda site and fell in love with the Nero LP design, i looked into them and found they lack sound quality compared to the LP2 and M80, but when i went back and looked at the M80's i actually quite like them!
Thanks for all the help i think i have settled on the M80's :D
post #20 of 396/27/12 at 11:22pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ninjames
Just had a thought - if you're really looking for style, you might like these a lot - the Phiaton MS 400. They're excellent for their price, have great, full sound with excellent bass and, of course, they're sexy. http://www.amazon.com/Phiaton-MS-400-Carbon-Headphones/dp/B001EUE6AK?tag=duckduckgo-d-20 They run circles around the Beats and Fanny Wang a thousand times over.
Wow i do like them! how do they compare to the M80?post #21 of 396/28/12 at 7:00am
There good headphones but I think the m80s sound better, I would get the m80s and a shield kit or wait till the m100. theres also the aiaiai tma1 but I don't think it sounds as good as the m80post #22 of 396/28/12 at 7:14ampost #23 of 396/28/12 at 8:16am
They have a bit more bass, but it punches less. It's more of the rattle bass than the punch bass. That being said, it doesn't really sacrifice much clarity. Like the M-80, they were very, very surprising when it came to sound quality when they hit. Most expected them to be muddy messes like the Beats. But they sound great for most genres of music. The M-80 are just a little bit better in each area, but the fact that these are circumaural do give them the edge in comfort.Quote:
I wouldn't recommend the Aiaiai TMA1. They just don't compare to the M-80 or the MS 400 in any way. They're good, and certainly a good supplement, but they're too dark and too veiled for most. They have impact, but then they cover up a lot of the fun aspects of music that traditionally sounds great with bass.post #24 of 396/28/12 at 9:36ampost #25 of 396/29/12 at 4:34amThread Starterpost #26 of 396/29/12 at 8:38amQuote:
The LP2 would be better for the gym since they're not supraaural, but they're significantly lower in sound quality.post #27 of 396/29/12 at 8:46amQuote:
really? I don't go too the gym but I thought the m80 would be better because they are smaller and lighter.post #28 of 396/29/12 at 9:59am
Why not just wait for the M-100s to come out, where you can get the best of both worlds? That's what I'm doing, anyways.
I'd advise against the PRO700mk2 unless you are willing to go an extra mile to make them better. They can be incredibly uncomfortable unless you put cotton under the pads. However, if you mod them correctly, they are comfy, attractive, portable, ludicrously bassy, and so durable you could run them over with a bus and they would be undamaged.post #29 of 396/29/12 at 10:09am
I can vouch for the Ultrasone HFI-580. Great bass oriented headphone. Definitely has the slam.post #30 of 396/29/12 at 10:12amQuote:
You'd have to have a pretty small head, honestly. The pads aren't very good for staying on your head even so.
- Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Rational reasons to love vinyl 1 minute ago
- › Available Now: The Element by JDS Labs 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)