i feel its more like 400% overpayment if you get the solo's
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/27/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productFanny Wang 3000 Series Over-Ear Wangs Luxury Headphones with Active Noise Canceling and Apple Integrated Remote and Mic - Black (FW-3003-BLK)tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productFanny Wang Headphones Co. Over Ear DJ Headphones with Selectable Bass Boost, Tuxedo, (FW-2001-BLK-WHI)tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productFischer Audio Oldskool RPM 33 1/3tagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/26/12
- productMonster Beats By Dre Solotagged by System, 6/25/12
- productPhilips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptowntagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productV-MODA Crossfade M-80tagged by System, 6/26/12More
- productV-MODA LP2tagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best Headphones for Rap/Hip-Hop/R&B around $180 Last post on 3/27/13 at 7:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones with good bass under $150? Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica M50S vs Philips Uptown Last post on 9/15/12 at 7:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Dubstep Headphones Last post on 11/20/12 at 7:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
I think it is more of a smartphone gadget, than audiophiles device. It has the potential to save battery power when listening with portable devices. My subjective review of the sound: A little...
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD) - Page 2post #16 of 396/27/12 at 8:28am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 396/27/12 at 8:46am
Just had a thought - if you're really looking for style, you might like these a lot - the Phiaton MS 400. They're excellent for their price, have great, full sound with excellent bass and, of course, they're sexy. http://www.amazon.com/Phiaton-MS-400-Carbon-Headphones/dp/B001EUE6AK?tag=duckduckgo-d-20 They run circles around the Beats and Fanny Wang a thousand times over.post #18 of 396/27/12 at 8:58am
well it took me a few months to start liking the vmoda look but I will probably come up with a few more ideas later but what comes too the top of my head are the shure srh840, audio technica ath m50 (sound professionals removable cable variant and comes in 3 colors), and the aiaiai tma1 but the bass could be considered overwhelming with them.post #19 of 396/27/12 at 11:20pmThread Starter
Thanks for all the great advice!
I was browsing the V-Moda site and fell in love with the Nero LP design, i looked into them and found they lack sound quality compared to the LP2 and M80, but when i went back and looked at the M80's i actually quite like them!
Thanks for all the help i think i have settled on the M80's :D
post #20 of 396/27/12 at 11:22pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by ninjames
Just had a thought - if you're really looking for style, you might like these a lot - the Phiaton MS 400. They're excellent for their price, have great, full sound with excellent bass and, of course, they're sexy. http://www.amazon.com/Phiaton-MS-400-Carbon-Headphones/dp/B001EUE6AK?tag=duckduckgo-d-20 They run circles around the Beats and Fanny Wang a thousand times over.
Wow i do like them! how do they compare to the M80?post #21 of 396/28/12 at 7:00am
There good headphones but I think the m80s sound better, I would get the m80s and a shield kit or wait till the m100. theres also the aiaiai tma1 but I don't think it sounds as good as the m80post #22 of 396/28/12 at 7:14ampost #23 of 396/28/12 at 8:16am
They have a bit more bass, but it punches less. It's more of the rattle bass than the punch bass. That being said, it doesn't really sacrifice much clarity. Like the M-80, they were very, very surprising when it came to sound quality when they hit. Most expected them to be muddy messes like the Beats. But they sound great for most genres of music. The M-80 are just a little bit better in each area, but the fact that these are circumaural do give them the edge in comfort.Quote:
I wouldn't recommend the Aiaiai TMA1. They just don't compare to the M-80 or the MS 400 in any way. They're good, and certainly a good supplement, but they're too dark and too veiled for most. They have impact, but then they cover up a lot of the fun aspects of music that traditionally sounds great with bass.post #24 of 396/28/12 at 9:36ampost #25 of 396/29/12 at 4:34amThread Starterpost #26 of 396/29/12 at 8:38amQuote:
The LP2 would be better for the gym since they're not supraaural, but they're significantly lower in sound quality.post #27 of 396/29/12 at 8:46amQuote:
really? I don't go too the gym but I thought the m80 would be better because they are smaller and lighter.post #28 of 396/29/12 at 9:59am
Why not just wait for the M-100s to come out, where you can get the best of both worlds? That's what I'm doing, anyways.
I'd advise against the PRO700mk2 unless you are willing to go an extra mile to make them better. They can be incredibly uncomfortable unless you put cotton under the pads. However, if you mod them correctly, they are comfy, attractive, portable, ludicrously bassy, and so durable you could run them over with a bus and they would be undamaged.post #29 of 396/29/12 at 10:09am
I can vouch for the Ultrasone HFI-580. Great bass oriented headphone. Definitely has the slam.post #30 of 396/29/12 at 10:12amQuote:
You'd have to have a pretty small head, honestly. The pads aren't very good for staying on your head even so.
- Help me choose between Fanny Wangs 3000 Series V Beats by Dre Solo (HD)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 16 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio Wizard Savanna Giveaway! 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB700 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 6 minutes ago
- › Why do we pay $300 for headphones that cost $30 to manufacture? 7 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 7 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...