Since this may have different audio components from the international version, any opinions yet?
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSamsung Galaxy S III 4G Android Phone, Blue 16GB (AT&T)tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- iPhone 4 versus 4S - which has better SQ Last post on 1/15/13 at 7:12am in Portable Source Gear
- iPhone 4S & Galaxy S3: Measured performance (in decibels) Last post on 2/4/13 at 6:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Samsung Galaxy S III Audio Quality? Last post on 7/20/12 at 4:28am in Portable Source Gear
- Galaxy Nexus and E17, will it work? Last post on 1/17/14 at 2:53pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a smartphone with great sound quality Last post on 6/29/12 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
SQ in USA version galaxy 3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just tried the S3 16GB and it´s sound amazingly crisp clear and more like audiophile type soundquality (maybe because Wolfson 24bt DAC chip) which i expereinced with Sony X, Z sereis walkmen. It´s get very loud due to higher capacity battery and overall excelent device.
Edited by ZARIM - 6/28/12 at 8:06am
sounds promising. perhaps i might start using a phone as a dap
That could be the international version of the phone.
The U.S. version will not be using the Wolfson chip.
In the U.S. we get a smaller computer chip and probably inferior audio chip with our phones.
No wonder Apple controls the cell phone market!
- SQ in USA version galaxy 3?
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 21 seconds ago
- › $2.50 CD player sounds better than my iPod. 28 seconds ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › What headphones are the best? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Is anyone wearing the Sony XBA-H2? 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob