how would i go about doing this? would i simply replace the pads or would it be too hard/too much work? thanks everyone :D
Related Forum Threads
- Best on or around ear headphones for iPhone and digital piano Last post on 11/26/12 at 5:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over/on-ear headphones for iPhone? Last post on 11/4/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones, On-ear vs over-ear and how much should one spend? etc... Last post on 9/20/12 at 8:14am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best over-ear/on-ear portable headphones for around $100US Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable over the ear's for daily travel use (Budget ~ $50) Last post on 7/8/13 at 6:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
I picked this up second hand on ebay, more out of curiosity than anything. I'm just getting into listening with headphones and one of my amps doesn't have a headphone socket, so this seemed like as...
anyway to make supraaural headphones into cirumaural?post #2 of 56/24/12 at 8:18pm
With Grados in particular, circumaural solution called C-pads are available. Not sure how some of the other supraaurals would take to being modded in such way, though.
Also remember that the supraaurals were designed so that they sound like how they are in their stock pad configuration... changing them to supraaurals will always change the sound (Headphile C-pads mentioned above are no exception).
Edited by K_19 - 6/24/12 at 8:20pmpost #3 of 56/24/12 at 8:35pmThread Starterpost #4 of 56/24/12 at 8:58pm
it depends on the pads you use. pleather increases bass, for example. other pads, such as velour, foam, etc decrease lower frequencies, create an acoustic chamber which emphasizes HF, etc.
increasing the distance of the driver to your ear aids in instrument separation, imaging, and head stage.
IMO the best compromise is a combination of foam, and another material. With my grados I cut out foam "adapters." That is, I made a foam pad that is about the same size as the cum diaphragm, then superglued them to my circumaural pads. The way the soundwaves interacts with the combination pleather/foam cups makes it sounds almost identical to quarter/flipped comfys, with the comfort of oval cups.
Those are just cheap pleather cups I took off a scrapped pair of highsmith 'phones. masking tape i used in my "ghettomod" tore off some of the stitching. I assume comfort and sound would be much better with better pads.post #5 of 56/25/12 at 8:25pmThread Starter
- anyway to make supraaural headphones into cirumaural?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › OPPO Introduces Sonica: A $299 High Fidelity Wi-Fi Speaker 32 seconds ago
- › WTB: Oriolus Mk2 Universal IEM 49 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Looking at buying another set of ATH-ESW9s, alternatives? 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GTA/Toronto Meet - May 28 2016 2 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...