looking for some good headphones that are 250. preferably closed headphones. was looking at senns earlier, but couldnt find any that i liked besides the hd 598s, but those were open. now looking at the bose oe2i. Any advice?? i listen to bassy music , and i really like bass, but i like mids and treble too.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose OE2i Audio Headphones - Whitetagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Hi Head-Fi/Vibro Labs fans, I was the second stop on the Aria tour, and I've had a great week reviewing them. This post will contain some of my thoughts and impressions, and I'll be touching on...
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Best headphones for 250 and belowpost #1 of 346/24/12 at 9:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 346/24/12 at 9:07ampost #3 of 346/24/12 at 9:09ampost #4 of 346/24/12 at 9:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 346/24/12 at 9:39ampost #6 of 346/24/12 at 9:44ampost #7 of 346/24/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 346/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #9 of 346/24/12 at 1:48pmpost #10 of 346/24/12 at 2:09pm
Well... there would be 3:
1. Grado SR-225 - simply a superb clone of the RS-1 for $160, if you buy at a discount - which you can.
2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
You'll be thrilled with any of these.post #11 of 346/24/12 at 2:41pmQuote:
+1 to these. They're not really that bassy though - so they may or may not be satisfying (I liked them with electronica/RnB/etc but maybe others wouldn't - they're not "basshead" cans).Quote:2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
You're kidding right? (and I'm sure the cable is another $500+; because it totally makes sense to have cables and amps that cost 5-10x what the headphone costs ).Quote:3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
I agree 100% with this one! They don't need much to really tear your face off and sound quite good. Just avoid the OTLs.
Other cans to consider if the D2000 are unavailable or too expensive:
Bose AE2 (I wouldn't get the OE because I'm not a huge fan of on-ears; if you want an on-ear headphone get the ESW9 or a Grado); you don't need the "i" version unless you need Apple integration (that's all it does for AE2i/OE2i).
Sennheiser HD 280Pro (the silver one is probably more attractive, bit harder to find)
AT ESW9 (as mentioned)
Bose QC15 (there is no "i" version - it includes both the "i" and "non-i" cables)
Ultrasone HFI-2400 (I know they're openbacked, but they otherwise satisfy your requirements).post #12 of 346/24/12 at 4:29pmQuote:
Heh, if you know of a place that sells the HD800s for 250 and under, as per the OP's wish, then please let me know too. Heh.post #13 of 346/24/12 at 4:43pmpost #14 of 346/24/12 at 4:45pm
- Best headphones for 250 and below
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Utah Salt Lake City Meet? Anyone interested? Lets do this!!!!! 1 minute ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Koss Portapro Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 2 minutes ago
- › M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 7 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...