looking for some good headphones that are 250. preferably closed headphones. was looking at senns earlier, but couldnt find any that i liked besides the hd 598s, but those were open. now looking at the bose oe2i. Any advice?? i listen to bassy music , and i really like bass, but i like mids and treble too.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose OE2i Audio Headphones - Whitetagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 12/17/16 at 11:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Prize: 189 Euro. DAC performance is less good as you can read in many other reviews. Personally I find the DAC good enough. But then again, I do not have another to compare. Connectivity is...
Acknowledgment Thanks Mike Diaz at Ultimate Ears for supplying these as a review sample, with special thanks to David Guitierrez for his excellent customer service. These are going to kick butt...
It's not free to you, but it was to me. I was not even interested in this IEM until it was offered to me for free by Rose on the condition I reviewed it. I'm happy to say this is an honest 5 star...
With thanks to our great supporter of headfi @Andykong, I have had the Cayin i5 on loan for a fortnight or so. I have had the chance to listen to it extensively. My focus has mainly been on the...
Introduction With thanks to @glassmonkey , and Aune, here is my first review for 2017 - the M1S DAP. I shall not be labouring the point. There is a 55 page discussions and impressions...
Best headphones for 250 and belowpost #1 of 346/24/12 at 9:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 346/24/12 at 9:07ampost #3 of 346/24/12 at 9:09ampost #4 of 346/24/12 at 9:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 346/24/12 at 9:39ampost #6 of 346/24/12 at 9:44ampost #7 of 346/24/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 346/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #9 of 346/24/12 at 1:48pmpost #10 of 346/24/12 at 2:09pm
Well... there would be 3:
1. Grado SR-225 - simply a superb clone of the RS-1 for $160, if you buy at a discount - which you can.
2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
You'll be thrilled with any of these.post #11 of 346/24/12 at 2:41pmQuote:
+1 to these. They're not really that bassy though - so they may or may not be satisfying (I liked them with electronica/RnB/etc but maybe others wouldn't - they're not "basshead" cans).Quote:2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
You're kidding right? (and I'm sure the cable is another $500+; because it totally makes sense to have cables and amps that cost 5-10x what the headphone costs ).Quote:3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
I agree 100% with this one! They don't need much to really tear your face off and sound quite good. Just avoid the OTLs.
Other cans to consider if the D2000 are unavailable or too expensive:
Bose AE2 (I wouldn't get the OE because I'm not a huge fan of on-ears; if you want an on-ear headphone get the ESW9 or a Grado); you don't need the "i" version unless you need Apple integration (that's all it does for AE2i/OE2i).
Sennheiser HD 280Pro (the silver one is probably more attractive, bit harder to find)
AT ESW9 (as mentioned)
Bose QC15 (there is no "i" version - it includes both the "i" and "non-i" cables)
Ultrasone HFI-2400 (I know they're openbacked, but they otherwise satisfy your requirements).post #12 of 346/24/12 at 4:29pmQuote:
Heh, if you know of a place that sells the HD800s for 250 and under, as per the OP's wish, then please let me know too. Heh.post #13 of 346/24/12 at 4:43pmpost #14 of 346/24/12 at 4:45pm
- Best headphones for 250 and below
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 16 seconds ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 35 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 1 minute ago
- › looking for a new totl headphone 1 minute ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 4 minutes ago
- › FS: ZMF Master V2 with ZMF Protein Pads - Free US Shipping and PayPal 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Focal Listen Excellent Condition - Complete - Free US Shipping... 5 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by chihwahli
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered by glassmonkey
- › Rose Aurora by vapman
- › Cayin i5 by Takeanidea
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Takeanidea
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by MrChiSox
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear