looking for some good headphones that are 250. preferably closed headphones. was looking at senns earlier, but couldnt find any that i liked besides the hd 598s, but those were open. now looking at the bose oe2i. Any advice?? i listen to bassy music , and i really like bass, but i like mids and treble too.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose OE2i Audio Headphones - Whitetagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/ibasso-it03-review/ I was honoured to be approached by iBasso with their first venture into IEM territory and they...
This is my review originally posted on http://www.earphonia.com/2016/10/24/jomo-samba-pro-audio-ciem-review/ Jomo Audio is a Singapore local company that crafts in ear earphones that sound and...
Elephone Whisper Noise Cancelling Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to GearBest for the sample. Full review...
Best headphones for 250 and belowpost #1 of 346/24/12 at 9:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 346/24/12 at 9:07ampost #3 of 346/24/12 at 9:09ampost #4 of 346/24/12 at 9:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 346/24/12 at 9:39ampost #6 of 346/24/12 at 9:44ampost #7 of 346/24/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 346/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #9 of 346/24/12 at 1:48pmpost #10 of 346/24/12 at 2:09pm
Well... there would be 3:
1. Grado SR-225 - simply a superb clone of the RS-1 for $160, if you buy at a discount - which you can.
2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
You'll be thrilled with any of these.post #11 of 346/24/12 at 2:41pmQuote:
+1 to these. They're not really that bassy though - so they may or may not be satisfying (I liked them with electronica/RnB/etc but maybe others wouldn't - they're not "basshead" cans).Quote:2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
You're kidding right? (and I'm sure the cable is another $500+; because it totally makes sense to have cables and amps that cost 5-10x what the headphone costs ).Quote:3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
I agree 100% with this one! They don't need much to really tear your face off and sound quite good. Just avoid the OTLs.
Other cans to consider if the D2000 are unavailable or too expensive:
Bose AE2 (I wouldn't get the OE because I'm not a huge fan of on-ears; if you want an on-ear headphone get the ESW9 or a Grado); you don't need the "i" version unless you need Apple integration (that's all it does for AE2i/OE2i).
Sennheiser HD 280Pro (the silver one is probably more attractive, bit harder to find)
AT ESW9 (as mentioned)
Bose QC15 (there is no "i" version - it includes both the "i" and "non-i" cables)
Ultrasone HFI-2400 (I know they're openbacked, but they otherwise satisfy your requirements).post #12 of 346/24/12 at 4:29pmQuote:
Heh, if you know of a place that sells the HD800s for 250 and under, as per the OP's wish, then please let me know too. Heh.post #13 of 346/24/12 at 4:43pmpost #14 of 346/24/12 at 4:45pm
- Best headphones for 250 and below
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › EarSonics' new 9 BA driver flagship: the S-EM9 5 seconds ago
- › Dita Audio Flagship - "The Dream" 1 minute ago
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 1 minute ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 3 minutes ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA MA750i by High-End-Addict
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by HiFiChris
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...