looking for some good headphones that are 250. preferably closed headphones. was looking at senns earlier, but couldnt find any that i liked besides the hd 598s, but those were open. now looking at the bose oe2i. Any advice?? i listen to bassy music , and i really like bass, but i like mids and treble too.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose OE2i Audio Headphones - Whitetagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
Best headphones for 250 and belowpost #1 of 346/24/12 at 9:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 346/24/12 at 9:07ampost #3 of 346/24/12 at 9:09ampost #4 of 346/24/12 at 9:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 346/24/12 at 9:39ampost #6 of 346/24/12 at 9:44ampost #7 of 346/24/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 346/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #9 of 346/24/12 at 1:48pmpost #10 of 346/24/12 at 2:09pm
Well... there would be 3:
1. Grado SR-225 - simply a superb clone of the RS-1 for $160, if you buy at a discount - which you can.
2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
You'll be thrilled with any of these.post #11 of 346/24/12 at 2:41pmQuote:
+1 to these. They're not really that bassy though - so they may or may not be satisfying (I liked them with electronica/RnB/etc but maybe others wouldn't - they're not "basshead" cans).Quote:2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
You're kidding right? (and I'm sure the cable is another $500+; because it totally makes sense to have cables and amps that cost 5-10x what the headphone costs ).Quote:3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
I agree 100% with this one! They don't need much to really tear your face off and sound quite good. Just avoid the OTLs.
Other cans to consider if the D2000 are unavailable or too expensive:
Bose AE2 (I wouldn't get the OE because I'm not a huge fan of on-ears; if you want an on-ear headphone get the ESW9 or a Grado); you don't need the "i" version unless you need Apple integration (that's all it does for AE2i/OE2i).
Sennheiser HD 280Pro (the silver one is probably more attractive, bit harder to find)
AT ESW9 (as mentioned)
Bose QC15 (there is no "i" version - it includes both the "i" and "non-i" cables)
Ultrasone HFI-2400 (I know they're openbacked, but they otherwise satisfy your requirements).post #12 of 346/24/12 at 4:29pmQuote:
Heh, if you know of a place that sells the HD800s for 250 and under, as per the OP's wish, then please let me know too. Heh.post #13 of 346/24/12 at 4:43pmpost #14 of 346/24/12 at 4:45pm
- Best headphones for 250 and below
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HTC One m7 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)