looking for some good headphones that are 250. preferably closed headphones. was looking at senns earlier, but couldnt find any that i liked besides the hd 598s, but those were open. now looking at the bose oe2i. Any advice?? i listen to bassy music , and i really like bass, but i like mids and treble too.
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productAudio-Technica ATH-ESW9Atagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose®AE2 audio headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose OE2i Audio Headphones - Whitetagged by System, 6/25/12
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productGrado SR225i Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productM-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD-280 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12More
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/25/12
- productSennheiser Orpheus HE-90tagged by System, 6/25/12
- productUltrasone HFI-2400tagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to compliment my HD598's (ie make up for lack of bass) Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most bang for 200$ ? Last post on 9/15/12 at 3:17am in Headphones (full-size)
- Another one of THOSE threads (help) Last post on 7/30/12 at 7:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Best headphones for 250 and belowpost #1 of 346/24/12 at 9:03amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 346/24/12 at 9:07ampost #3 of 346/24/12 at 9:09ampost #4 of 346/24/12 at 9:15amThread Starterpost #5 of 346/24/12 at 9:39ampost #6 of 346/24/12 at 9:44ampost #7 of 346/24/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 346/24/12 at 1:05pmpost #9 of 346/24/12 at 1:48pmpost #10 of 346/24/12 at 2:09pm
Well... there would be 3:
1. Grado SR-225 - simply a superb clone of the RS-1 for $160, if you buy at a discount - which you can.
2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
You'll be thrilled with any of these.post #11 of 346/24/12 at 2:41pmQuote:
+1 to these. They're not really that bassy though - so they may or may not be satisfying (I liked them with electronica/RnB/etc but maybe others wouldn't - they're not "basshead" cans).Quote:2. Sennheiser HD580 - probably a bit better... IF... they are the "new version," and you have the right amp to drive them (e.g. WA6 SE, or WA2, or GS Solo, etc.), and you have a silver cable.
You're kidding right? (and I'm sure the cable is another $500+; because it totally makes sense to have cables and amps that cost 5-10x what the headphone costs ).Quote:3. Denon D2000 - also great... IF... you apply the Markl Mods, and find the right amp to match their high current, low impedance requirements.
I agree 100% with this one! They don't need much to really tear your face off and sound quite good. Just avoid the OTLs.
Other cans to consider if the D2000 are unavailable or too expensive:
Bose AE2 (I wouldn't get the OE because I'm not a huge fan of on-ears; if you want an on-ear headphone get the ESW9 or a Grado); you don't need the "i" version unless you need Apple integration (that's all it does for AE2i/OE2i).
Sennheiser HD 280Pro (the silver one is probably more attractive, bit harder to find)
AT ESW9 (as mentioned)
Bose QC15 (there is no "i" version - it includes both the "i" and "non-i" cables)
Ultrasone HFI-2400 (I know they're openbacked, but they otherwise satisfy your requirements).post #12 of 346/24/12 at 4:29pmQuote:
Heh, if you know of a place that sells the HD800s for 250 and under, as per the OP's wish, then please let me know too. Heh.post #13 of 346/24/12 at 4:43pmpost #14 of 346/24/12 at 4:45pm
- Best headphones for 250 and below
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The Stax Thread III 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Worst speakers you have ever heard 38 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 45 seconds ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 54 seconds ago
- › VentureCraft new DDC/DAC Go-DAP DD Socket 1 product 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob