I couldn't find any solid review regarding this product, and wondering how does it perform anyway, especially compare to titanium hd version (which is internal), I'm gonna use it mainly for music, but also for gaming, movies and music/midi creation, any thoughts? thanks!
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/25/12
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 6/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 6/25/12
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- TruStudio Pro Surround Sound VS CMSS-3D? Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- DT880 - Best Soundcard + Amp combo? Last post on 11/10/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xonar DGX vs higher end cards Last post on 1/26/14 at 4:17am in Computer Audio
- PCIe sound card recommendation Last post on 7/27/12 at 8:32am in Computer Audio
- DAC + AMP? Soundcard + AMP? or other combo? Last post on 9/7/12 at 9:04pm in Computer Audio
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The USB sound card uses a newer, but lower quality audio processor then the T-HD.
I'm guessing the DAC is not as good as the one on the T-HD.
I'm guessing a lot of reviewers have little interest in the USB card.
Yes, this is essentially true, afaik. I was looking for reviews of the USB card too and good ones are hard to come by. You can always buy the less expensive version and listen to it. If you like the sound, don't worry about it. :)
Well, I can tell you this right off the bat: the X-Fi HD USB (same device, different name) lacks the proper X-Fi DSP that the Titanium HD bears, so you're generally losing out on hardware-accelerated audio gaming features (and possibly ASIO support too, since it won't have Audio Creation Mode).
As for audio quality, that's something I'm not in the position to compare unless someone's willing to lend me an X-Fi HD USB for a bit.
- Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 43 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD439 review 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ALO The Pan Am - The tube rolling thread 3 minutes ago
- › What headphones to artists wear? 5 minutes ago
- › Tapatalk issues 5 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)