I couldn't find any solid review regarding this product, and wondering how does it perform anyway, especially compare to titanium hd version (which is internal), I'm gonna use it mainly for music, but also for gaming, movies and music/midi creation, any thoughts? thanks!
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/25/12
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 6/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 6/25/12
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- TruStudio Pro Surround Sound VS CMSS-3D? Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- DT880 - Best Soundcard + Amp combo? Last post on 11/10/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xonar DGX vs higher end cards Last post on 10/23/12 at 8:01pm in Computer Audio
- PCIe sound card recommendation Last post on 7/27/12 at 8:32am in Computer Audio
- DAC + AMP? Soundcard + AMP? or other combo? Last post on 9/7/12 at 9:04pm in Computer Audio
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The USB sound card uses a newer, but lower quality audio processor then the T-HD.
I'm guessing the DAC is not as good as the one on the T-HD.
I'm guessing a lot of reviewers have little interest in the USB card.
Yes, this is essentially true, afaik. I was looking for reviews of the USB card too and good ones are hard to come by. You can always buy the less expensive version and listen to it. If you like the sound, don't worry about it. :)
Well, I can tell you this right off the bat: the X-Fi HD USB (same device, different name) lacks the proper X-Fi DSP that the Titanium HD bears, so you're generally losing out on hardware-accelerated audio gaming features (and possibly ASIO support too, since it won't have Audio Creation Mode).
As for audio quality, that's something I'm not in the position to compare unless someone's willing to lend me an X-Fi HD USB for a bit.
- Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Seattle Sunday New Year Meet 01/05/14 24 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 44 seconds ago
- › Grado PS500s (new Grado's) 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU 1 minute ago
- › JH5 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T1 or Grado Rs1i for rock/metal? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a closed back tracking/recording headphone 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe