I couldn't find any solid review regarding this product, and wondering how does it perform anyway, especially compare to titanium hd version (which is internal), I'm gonna use it mainly for music, but also for gaming, movies and music/midi creation, any thoughts? thanks!
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/25/12
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 6/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 6/25/12
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- TruStudio Pro Surround Sound VS CMSS-3D? Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- DT880 - Best Soundcard + Amp combo? Last post on 11/10/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xonar DGX vs higher end cards Last post on 1/4/15 at 9:27am in Computer Audio
- PCIe sound card recommendation Last post on 7/27/12 at 8:32am in Computer Audio
- DAC + AMP? Soundcard + AMP? or other combo? Last post on 9/7/12 at 9:04pm in Computer Audio
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The USB sound card uses a newer, but lower quality audio processor then the T-HD.
I'm guessing the DAC is not as good as the one on the T-HD.
I'm guessing a lot of reviewers have little interest in the USB card.
Yes, this is essentially true, afaik. I was looking for reviews of the USB card too and good ones are hard to come by. You can always buy the less expensive version and listen to it. If you like the sound, don't worry about it. :)
Well, I can tell you this right off the bat: the X-Fi HD USB (same device, different name) lacks the proper X-Fi DSP that the Titanium HD bears, so you're generally losing out on hardware-accelerated audio gaming features (and possibly ASIO support too, since it won't have Audio Creation Mode).
As for audio quality, that's something I'm not in the position to compare unless someone's willing to lend me an X-Fi HD USB for a bit.
- Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
- › What's the best amp for HD800 12 seconds ago
- › Xiaomi Piston 3 (2015) 19 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 19 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Audioengine A5+ / A2+ are analytic ? 54 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Silver Audiolab M-DAC Digital to Analogue Convertor / Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2