I couldn't find any solid review regarding this product, and wondering how does it perform anyway, especially compare to titanium hd version (which is internal), I'm gonna use it mainly for music, but also for gaming, movies and music/midi creation, any thoughts? thanks!
- categoryComputer Audiotagged by System, 6/25/12
- productCreative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-Etagged by System, 6/25/12
- productCreative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB Audio System with THX SB1240tagged by System, 6/25/12
- categorySound Cardstagged by System, 6/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- TruStudio Pro Surround Sound VS CMSS-3D? Last post on 11/23/12 at 3:44pm in Computer Audio
- DT880 - Best Soundcard + Amp combo? Last post on 11/10/12 at 3:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xonar DGX vs higher end cards Last post on 1/26/14 at 4:17am in Computer Audio
- PCIe sound card recommendation Last post on 7/27/12 at 8:32am in Computer Audio
- DAC + AMP? Soundcard + AMP? or other combo? Last post on 9/7/12 at 9:04pm in Computer Audio
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The USB sound card uses a newer, but lower quality audio processor then the T-HD.
I'm guessing the DAC is not as good as the one on the T-HD.
I'm guessing a lot of reviewers have little interest in the USB card.
Yes, this is essentially true, afaik. I was looking for reviews of the USB card too and good ones are hard to come by. You can always buy the less expensive version and listen to it. If you like the sound, don't worry about it. :)
Well, I can tell you this right off the bat: the X-Fi HD USB (same device, different name) lacks the proper X-Fi DSP that the Titanium HD bears, so you're generally losing out on hardware-accelerated audio gaming features (and possibly ASIO support too, since it won't have Audio Creation Mode).
As for audio quality, that's something I'm not in the position to compare unless someone's willing to lend me an X-Fi HD USB for a bit.
- Sound Blaster USB Digital Music Premium HD Soundcard vs titanium hd?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 1 second ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 25 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Premium 250 Ohm -OR- Senn U 320 headset for the wife? 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)