Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy S3... wow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Galaxy S3... wow. - Page 6

post #76 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post


Would be good if you specified the version you had as international is different than what bs carriers serve in the us.

I had the i747M (Snapdragon S4 SOC) but the issue is widespread across all versions including the international version which includes the exynos 4412 SOC and Wolfson DAC.

post #77 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post

 

1. Try a better music player, Android is not iOS and allows replacing stock apps.

2. Try a DAC/ Amp.


        3. Get rid of the phone

 

Generally speaking i think that it's better to get rid of disturbing gadgets rather than fighting what they actually are or waiting for miracles. Leave it behind.

post #78 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfary View Post


        3. Get rid of the phone

Generally speaking i think that it's better to get rid of disturbing gadgets rather than fighting what they actually are or waiting for miracles. Leave it behind.

4. Use phones for calls and proper equipment for music and stop whining
post #79 of 151

If you have a HifiMan HM-601 / 602 or HM-801, try the OTG cable with your Galaxy S III.

 

I got both my HM-601 and HM-801 to work with the USB DAC input with an OTG USB adapter with my Galaxy Note 10.1.

 

Be sure to power up the HifiMan player and connect the USB cable and OTG adapter before plugging into the Samsung Galaxy.  Otherwise you might get the "High Power USB" error.

 

Sure it seems a little silly to hook up an external DAC to Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet, but it does sound a lot better.

 

-Ed

post #80 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post


4. Use phones for calls and proper equipment for music and stop whining

This.

If you are going to be "critical listening", then use something meant for the task. A phone is fine for casual, on-the-go listening, but I wouldn't expect it to be the pinnacle of sound. 

post #81 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

 

I have an AT&T garnet red one and an international one also, will have a proper listen to them both at some point soon and drop some thoughts.

Have you compared them yet? I'm picking up an international version tonight because I'm not happy with the version they gave us in Canada. I'd love to know if there is a difference before hand.

 

I will see if my novice ears can make out a difference tonight since I will have both at the same time.

post #82 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnonTheMouse View Post

Have you compared them yet? I'm picking up an international version tonight because I'm not happy with the version they gave us in Canada. I'd love to know if there is a difference before hand.

 

I will see if my novice ears can make out a difference tonight since I will have both at the same time.

 

Sorry, not had the time yet to do this. To be honest its actually better if I don't contaminate your own listening impressions by giving my own thoughts first. If you're going to post your thoughts up can you PM me to let me know, I'd rather not see your thoughts until I've made up my own mind either :)

post #83 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achmedisdead View Post

This.

If you are going to be "critical listening", then use something meant for the task. A phone is fine for casual, on-the-go listening, but I wouldn't expect it to be the pinnacle of sound. 

 

I wasn't expecting the S3 to be the pinnacle of sound, but I think it's reasonable to expect a $600 flagship device with tons of storage (microsSD) and a bundled music player to sound at least as good as a $15 Coby MP3 player!

post #84 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by drews View Post

 

I wasn't expecting the S3 to be the pinnacle of sound, but I think it's reasonable to expect a $600 flagship device with tons of storage (microsSD) and a bundled music player to sound at least as good as a $15 Coby MP3 player!

 

I think it is MUCH better than anything Coby, much much better.

post #85 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by drews View Post

 

I wasn't expecting the S3 to be the pinnacle of sound, but I think it's reasonable to expect a $600 flagship device with tons of storage (microsSD) and a bundled music player to sound at least as good as a $15 Coby MP3 player!

There should be a rule on this forum that prohibits making sensational and out of proportion and pardon my language stupid statements like this. 

post #86 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szadzik View Post


4. Use phones for calls and proper equipment for music and stop whining

 

Haha, exactly what think. I liked the SIII, and in some ways found it better than the iPod Nano I used to listen to, but still couldn't get over the fact that it'll never be a dedicated music device:

  • constant distractions (calls, messages, other notifications)
  • constant impulsions to open apps.
  • cannot focus on the music.
  • Too complicated for playing music.

 

So I went ahead and got a clip zip. Been a while since I closed my eyes and just listened to the music.

 

The SIII, well, still serves as a good radio.


Edited by proton007 - 10/4/12 at 12:32am
post #87 of 151

Does the S3 pair well with very low impedance BA IEMs? I think earlier someone mentioned that they were listening to SM3's using the S3. How is the bass dampening? The S3 has an output impedance of 3ohms so it's best to have a IEM of at least 24 ohms to get adequate dampening.

post #88 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthem View Post

Does the S3 pair well with very low impedance BA IEMs? I think earlier someone mentioned that they were listening to SM3's using the S3. How is the bass dampening? The S3 has an output impedance of 3ohms so it's best to have a IEM of at least 24 ohms to get adequate dampening.

 

It does not pair well with low impedance IEMs (USA version anyway) due to the noise - I'm using an Etymotic ER4P->ER4S adapter to add resistence to get the noise under control.

 

Drew

post #89 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuceka View Post

There should be a rule on this forum that prohibits making sensational and out of proportion and pardon my language stupid statements like this. 

 

There is no such rule and it wouldn't apply anyway since I was actually serious.  There are rules against being disrespectful of forum members and making personal attacks however.

 

Drew

post #90 of 151

No personal attack whatsoever as I do not know who you are. I was criticizing a ridiculous opinion like S3 not being better than a $15 Coby player. 

 

If you it's that bad why bother commenting here? Move on! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy S3... wow.