Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy S3... wow.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Galaxy S3... wow. - Page 8

post #106 of 151

I'm looking for a capacity and perhaps sound quality upgrade to my iPod Touch 3rd gen (only a measly 8GB). Can anyone tell me whether the sound quality of the S3 (either version) or iPhone 5 is at least equal, if not better than my iPod? 

 

But since I have until the next holiday season before my current phone contract expires, does anyone know of any other smartphones scheduled to come out this year that I should look out for? Ones that may have good sound quality, of course.  

post #107 of 151
If you get the chance to borrow from a friend and listen to some good files with galaxy SIII with neutron player, maybe you'll find it satisfactory.
Personally I'm amazed with the app's audio capabilities, and to my taste it has made listening to music on a mobile phone pretty pleasant.
I don't like/use anything Apple wise, thus I can't provide cross comments, but I believe you could conclude that from your own experiences and taste.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2
post #108 of 151

Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly, no one I know has the GSIII. On the contrary, one of my friends got an iPhone 5 for Christmas. Perhaps I could test his, at least, if he has decent files loaded on there... 

 

And sorry if this question has already been answered before, but if there really is a noticeable difference between the US and international versions of the GSIII, then is there any reasonably simple way for a US resident like me to get the international version? 
 

post #109 of 151

How many hours does the SGS3 last while playing music?

post #110 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post

Does anyone know if playback of hires (24bit) flac files is possible on this through the usb digital audio out an external dac/amp?

Anyone?

post #111 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post

Does anyone know if playback of hires (24bit) flac files is possible on this through the usb digital audio out an external dac/amp?

Anyone?


Yes, it is.

I9300XXELLC, Boeffla 2.7b5, Earsonics SM3
post #112 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfac73 View Post

Does anyone know if playback of hires (24bit) flac files is possible on this through the usb digital audio out an external dac/amp?

 

Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable >> ODAC

http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1380#post_9068939

 

 

 

1000

post #113 of 151

So is everyone using the  USB Audio Recorder PRO app for a music player in the SIII? Im about to set up my SIII for portable playback and didnt want to mess things up. Thanks

post #114 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfis View Post

So is everyone using the  USB Audio Recorder PRO app for a music player in the SIII? Im about to set up my SIII for portable playback and didnt want to mess things up. Thanks

 

Oh hells no. Most of us are happy enough with 16-bit sound and using whatever music player app we like.

post #115 of 151

Which players?

post #116 of 151

Most of us here us PowerAMP or Neutron. Neutron's UI is fairly horrible though, and if all the sound is being handled off-device vis USB audio then there is no particular reason at all to use Neutron (most people use it since it is considered to have better sound quality if you are listening from the headphone jack).

 

You can use any music player you like though on the S3 with USB audio, since it doesn't actually need USB Audio Recorder to output USB audio. If you want 24-bit sound though you will be stuck with USB Audio Recorder.

post #117 of 151

Thank you!

post #118 of 151

Great info here, thanks guys.

post #119 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt310 View Post

How many hours does the SGS3 last while playing music?

Always keeping in mind that battery time is multi-factorish, for me it won't 

last more than one workday. I'd have to charge at night, or the phone

won't last the other day. 

post #120 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak View Post

Most of us here us PowerAMP or Neutron. Neutron's UI is fairly horrible though, and if all the sound is being handled off-device vis USB audio then there is no particular reason at all to use Neutron (most people use it since it is considered to have better sound quality if you are listening from the headphone jack).

 

-snip-

I second that.

 

I've used poweramp a lot, and the interface is really better than neutron.

 

Problem is, neutron's audio treatment is really second to none. Set parametric

values to your taste, define your equalizer flavor, bind your eq and normalize,

and you could listen to all your phone music files with great sq efortlessly.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Samsung Galaxy S3... wow.