I have owned Q701, T70 and HD650. While HD 650 have the best sound stage for music, I think Q701 is the most accurate and best for gaming.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfort?! (AD700 or HD598 or K701) Last post on 9/10/12 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Semi open vs open headphone for classical music Last post on 9/20/12 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 9/21/14 at 4:12pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
Best Sound Stage Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 204/22/13 at 10:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 204/23/13 at 2:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by iamthem
Quite frankly the HD800's have no equal. But really, the K701 is more than sufficient. I'd say the HD800's are similar to the K701's with an all round upgrade. They have pretty equal soundstage width but the depth is significantly better on the HD800's. Having a world class dynamic for gaming is ridiculous IMO though...
I would not recommend the K1000 simply because they have insane amping requirements. Just look at the measurements. I haven't heard them though, so I can't comment on the sound.
however, i would not use HD 800 for gaming, explosions would lack some impact and bullets would cause insane fatigue after a while.
i think K701 or HD 650 would be solid options for gaming though. (preference to the HD 650 for having a more coherent soundstage, its smaller than K701, but not as separated (left/right-ish). also the HD 650 has nicer bass and smoother treble, however, this is only my preference, the K701 is great as well.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/23/13 at 2:33ampost #18 of 204/23/13 at 3:31ampost #19 of 204/23/13 at 7:00am
It looks like the OP asked the question on the 23 June 2012.
I doubt he/she is still pondering this one after all this time.
However I will mention to anyone that might be interested that I recommend not upgrading. If the OP is happy with the AKG K701 headphones then he/she should just keep them and enjoy music or gaming with them.
I think that people often wish to upgrade Hi Fi stuff when this is not necessary to their enjoyment of music or whatever. We are continuously bombarded with advertising with the implicit message: "buying things makes you happy". It's a lie lie lie!!! Okay, it is in the longer term. You do get a consumerist buzz out of new things which can last for a few weeks, but it always wears off.
If you are happy with what you have just stick with it.
- Best Sound Stage Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 39 seconds ago
- › Fiio E11 + AT ATH AD900x or Beyer DT880 Pro 250? More info inside. 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Thinksound Rain2 to pour in ears soon: Impressions and Discussions... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 7 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 8 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 8 minutes ago
- › About to order V-Moda 100's with my $500 limit. Is there anything... 9 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)