I have owned Q701, T70 and HD650. While HD 650 have the best sound stage for music, I think Q701 is the most accurate and best for gaming.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Comfort?! (AD700 or HD598 or K701) Last post on 9/10/12 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Semi open vs open headphone for classical music Last post on 9/20/12 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The Final Audio Design (FAD) Heaven VII was sent to me by Final UK as a part of the European review tour. I’d like to give them a big THANK YOU for including me on the tour and giving me a chance...
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
Best Sound Stage Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 204/22/13 at 10:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 204/23/13 at 2:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by iamthem
Quite frankly the HD800's have no equal. But really, the K701 is more than sufficient. I'd say the HD800's are similar to the K701's with an all round upgrade. They have pretty equal soundstage width but the depth is significantly better on the HD800's. Having a world class dynamic for gaming is ridiculous IMO though...
I would not recommend the K1000 simply because they have insane amping requirements. Just look at the measurements. I haven't heard them though, so I can't comment on the sound.
however, i would not use HD 800 for gaming, explosions would lack some impact and bullets would cause insane fatigue after a while.
i think K701 or HD 650 would be solid options for gaming though. (preference to the HD 650 for having a more coherent soundstage, its smaller than K701, but not as separated (left/right-ish). also the HD 650 has nicer bass and smoother treble, however, this is only my preference, the K701 is great as well.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/23/13 at 2:33ampost #18 of 204/23/13 at 3:31ampost #19 of 204/23/13 at 7:00am
It looks like the OP asked the question on the 23 June 2012.
I doubt he/she is still pondering this one after all this time.
However I will mention to anyone that might be interested that I recommend not upgrading. If the OP is happy with the AKG K701 headphones then he/she should just keep them and enjoy music or gaming with them.
I think that people often wish to upgrade Hi Fi stuff when this is not necessary to their enjoyment of music or whatever. We are continuously bombarded with advertising with the implicit message: "buying things makes you happy". It's a lie lie lie!!! Okay, it is in the longer term. You do get a consumerist buzz out of new things which can last for a few weeks, but it always wears off.
If you are happy with what you have just stick with it.
- Best Sound Stage Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 7 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 30 seconds ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 37 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Best easy to drive headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3