I have owned Q701, T70 and HD650. While HD 650 have the best sound stage for music, I think Q701 is the most accurate and best for gaming.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Comfort?! (AD700 or HD598 or K701) Last post on 9/10/12 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Semi open vs open headphone for classical music Last post on 9/20/12 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
Best Sound Stage Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 204/22/13 at 10:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 204/23/13 at 2:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by iamthem
Quite frankly the HD800's have no equal. But really, the K701 is more than sufficient. I'd say the HD800's are similar to the K701's with an all round upgrade. They have pretty equal soundstage width but the depth is significantly better on the HD800's. Having a world class dynamic for gaming is ridiculous IMO though...
I would not recommend the K1000 simply because they have insane amping requirements. Just look at the measurements. I haven't heard them though, so I can't comment on the sound.
however, i would not use HD 800 for gaming, explosions would lack some impact and bullets would cause insane fatigue after a while.
i think K701 or HD 650 would be solid options for gaming though. (preference to the HD 650 for having a more coherent soundstage, its smaller than K701, but not as separated (left/right-ish). also the HD 650 has nicer bass and smoother treble, however, this is only my preference, the K701 is great as well.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/23/13 at 2:33ampost #18 of 204/23/13 at 3:31ampost #19 of 204/23/13 at 7:00am
It looks like the OP asked the question on the 23 June 2012.
I doubt he/she is still pondering this one after all this time.
However I will mention to anyone that might be interested that I recommend not upgrading. If the OP is happy with the AKG K701 headphones then he/she should just keep them and enjoy music or gaming with them.
I think that people often wish to upgrade Hi Fi stuff when this is not necessary to their enjoyment of music or whatever. We are continuously bombarded with advertising with the implicit message: "buying things makes you happy". It's a lie lie lie!!! Okay, it is in the longer term. You do get a consumerist buzz out of new things which can last for a few weeks, but it always wears off.
If you are happy with what you have just stick with it.
- Best Sound Stage Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Pictures of your speaker setup! 39 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 45 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 4 minutes ago
- › New Sony EX450 and EX650. 5 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2