I have owned Q701, T70 and HD650. While HD 650 have the best sound stage for music, I think Q701 is the most accurate and best for gaming.
- productAKG K1000tagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 6/27/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/27/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Most Comfortable Headphone you own!!!! Last post on 10/13/12 at 9:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comfort?! (AD700 or HD598 or K701) Last post on 9/10/12 at 7:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Semi open vs open headphone for classical music Last post on 9/20/12 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best all-rounder ($250) Last post on 2/18/13 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Best Sound Stage Headphones? - Page 2post #16 of 204/22/13 at 10:08pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 204/23/13 at 2:31am
Quote:Originally Posted by iamthem
Quite frankly the HD800's have no equal. But really, the K701 is more than sufficient. I'd say the HD800's are similar to the K701's with an all round upgrade. They have pretty equal soundstage width but the depth is significantly better on the HD800's. Having a world class dynamic for gaming is ridiculous IMO though...
I would not recommend the K1000 simply because they have insane amping requirements. Just look at the measurements. I haven't heard them though, so I can't comment on the sound.
however, i would not use HD 800 for gaming, explosions would lack some impact and bullets would cause insane fatigue after a while.
i think K701 or HD 650 would be solid options for gaming though. (preference to the HD 650 for having a more coherent soundstage, its smaller than K701, but not as separated (left/right-ish). also the HD 650 has nicer bass and smoother treble, however, this is only my preference, the K701 is great as well.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/23/13 at 2:33ampost #18 of 204/23/13 at 3:31ampost #19 of 204/23/13 at 7:00am
It looks like the OP asked the question on the 23 June 2012.
I doubt he/she is still pondering this one after all this time.
However I will mention to anyone that might be interested that I recommend not upgrading. If the OP is happy with the AKG K701 headphones then he/she should just keep them and enjoy music or gaming with them.
I think that people often wish to upgrade Hi Fi stuff when this is not necessary to their enjoyment of music or whatever. We are continuously bombarded with advertising with the implicit message: "buying things makes you happy". It's a lie lie lie!!! Okay, it is in the longer term. You do get a consumerist buzz out of new things which can last for a few weeks, but it always wears off.
If you are happy with what you have just stick with it.
- Best Sound Stage Headphones?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FS: Ray Samuels RSA Hornet 1 minute ago
- › [AUS] (As New) Sony XBA-40 Quad Balanced Armature (Free Shipping) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 5 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 7 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 9 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 10 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)