- 830 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Las Vegas, NV
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 7post #91 of 29212/4/12 at 6:39pmProject86, have you heard the DA-100 yet? I used to have an HDP. My most recent DAC is the Yulong D18 you reviewed, which I really love. I'm amazed by its performance for the price. It was clearly in a higher league than the Audio-gd NFB10 I had before it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 29212/5/12 at 8:35amQuote:
So far I have had the DDA100 for a while, and really enjoy it. The other two are on the way. Do I can't really comment on how the DAC100 will compare to the D18. I have a hard time believing anything will dethrone the D18 in terms of value - that thing is a monster. Then again, the new Resonessence Concero MIT do just that, though with a different sound signature.
So many good DACs, so little time.post #93 of 29212/5/12 at 8:35ampost #94 of 29212/6/12 at 12:24am
I haven't used the remote since the first week, since I use it right next to my chair in the bedroom for headphone listening. It's nice to have around if your listening chair is not as close to the gear.post #95 of 29212/6/12 at 4:04pmQuote:
Oh definitely, a remote is very much appreciated. It's just a bit tricky that they all use and respond to the same remote... So if you used them together it could get confusing. I'm still glad they used a remote for each of them though, just in case.post #96 of 29212/6/12 at 5:07pm
I got an email from Nuforce that there will be alternative code remotes available upon request. I've got some other notes too but I'm heading out the door and will write something out later.post #97 of 29212/7/12 at 9:03pmpost #98 of 29212/7/12 at 9:32pmpost #99 of 29212/7/12 at 9:57pm
With the Icon2, the LPS lowered the noise floor and felt like it improved the impact of highly dynamic sections. The LPS is not compatible with the DAC-100.post #100 of 29212/8/12 at 6:04amI've been wondering what i would lose going from the dac-100 to the LPS - HDP - HAP.
but i feel like I may get the HAP in a month or so (i go back to work monday) because half the time I am turning the volume up all the way and when playing 24bit it's not loud enough.post #101 of 29212/8/12 at 12:24pm
Well the HDP->HAP would offer more gain than the DAC-100 alone. If you're really looking to maximize everything though, maybe go LPS->HDP->Icon amp and run your headphones off the speaker outputs. This would make full use of the upgraded LPS as it would power both the HDP and IconAmp as well as feed digital into the HDP.
Edited by Armaegis - 12/8/12 at 12:25pmpost #102 of 29212/8/12 at 1:49pmQuote:
I have the DAC-100 and the DA11, and specifically with the Sennheiser HD800 I prefer the DAC-100--it's fuller sounding with the HD 800 than the DA11.post #103 of 29212/8/12 at 2:00pm
Interesting to know. Headphoneaddict has mentioned before that the HD800 was in mind when they were designing the amp. I imagine the impedance curve of the HD800 will account for a slightly warm bloom in the midbass region.post #104 of 29212/8/12 at 2:19pmQuote:
Thanks for replying, Jude! Is the DAC-100 as transparent sounding as the DA10 or is it coloured in any way?
Best wishes, Windsorpost #105 of 29212/20/12 at 5:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Armaegis
I wasn't aware the dac in the DAC-100 runs in class A... I don't see anything about it in the literature. But even then, the psu on the right side is hotter in the DAC. Maybe that's because it has to power more components in the DAC-100 compared to the HAP-100? Just curious about it, that's all.
Later this week I plan to borrow a Schiit Bifrost and Lyr (and if my friend is feeling generous maybe his LCD2) to do some comparison.
I have the Nuforce power supply with the 192k usb converter as well, which can feed the DAC-100 and Bifrost simultaneously, and feed those both into the HAP-100 (and possibly into the Icon2 into HE-6 later on). for a good head to head of the dacs. I might throw the iBasso D10 and some others into the mix if I'm not worn out of listening by then. Heck I could do a FiiO e10 coax out into one of the dacs as well...
Hold on so the Nuforce power supply 192k is compatible w/ the dac-100?
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 17 seconds ago
- › New Headphones 27 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 33 seconds ago
- › EML 2A3 Meshed plate / 5U4G 1 minute ago
- › after market sound system virgin 3 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › IEM equivalent for Audeze LCD2? 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude