- 793 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:31pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Edited on 5/14/13
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 7
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
So far I have had the DDA100 for a while, and really enjoy it. The other two are on the way. Do I can't really comment on how the DAC100 will compare to the D18. I have a hard time believing anything will dethrone the D18 in terms of value - that thing is a monster. Then again, the new Resonessence Concero MIT do just that, though with a different sound signature.
So many good DACs, so little time.
I haven't used the remote since the first week, since I use it right next to my chair in the bedroom for headphone listening. It's nice to have around if your listening chair is not as close to the gear.
Oh definitely, a remote is very much appreciated. It's just a bit tricky that they all use and respond to the same remote... So if you used them together it could get confusing. I'm still glad they used a remote for each of them though, just in case.
I got an email from Nuforce that there will be alternative code remotes available upon request. I've got some other notes too but I'm heading out the door and will write something out later.
With the Icon2, the LPS lowered the noise floor and felt like it improved the impact of highly dynamic sections. The LPS is not compatible with the DAC-100.
but i feel like I may get the HAP in a month or so (i go back to work monday) because half the time I am turning the volume up all the way and when playing 24bit it's not loud enough.
Well the HDP->HAP would offer more gain than the DAC-100 alone. If you're really looking to maximize everything though, maybe go LPS->HDP->Icon amp and run your headphones off the speaker outputs. This would make full use of the upgraded LPS as it would power both the HDP and IconAmp as well as feed digital into the HDP.
Edited by Armaegis - 12/8/12 at 12:25pm
I have the DAC-100 and the DA11, and specifically with the Sennheiser HD800 I prefer the DAC-100--it's fuller sounding with the HD 800 than the DA11.
Interesting to know. Headphoneaddict has mentioned before that the HD800 was in mind when they were designing the amp. I imagine the impedance curve of the HD800 will account for a slightly warm bloom in the midbass region.
Thanks for replying, Jude! Is the DAC-100 as transparent sounding as the DA10 or is it coloured in any way?
Best wishes, Windsor
I wasn't aware the dac in the DAC-100 runs in class A... I don't see anything about it in the literature. But even then, the psu on the right side is hotter in the DAC. Maybe that's because it has to power more components in the DAC-100 compared to the HAP-100? Just curious about it, that's all.
Later this week I plan to borrow a Schiit Bifrost and Lyr (and if my friend is feeling generous maybe his LCD2) to do some comparison.
I have the Nuforce power supply with the 192k usb converter as well, which can feed the DAC-100 and Bifrost simultaneously, and feed those both into the HAP-100 (and possibly into the Icon2 into HE-6 later on). for a good head to head of the dacs. I might throw the iBasso D10 and some others into the mix if I'm not worn out of listening by then. Heck I could do a FiiO e10 coax out into one of the dacs as well...
Hold on so the Nuforce power supply 192k is compatible w/ the dac-100?
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 19 seconds ago
- › Are the Velodyne VPulse IEMs Worth It? 23 seconds ago
- › Need advice on upgrade 24 seconds ago
- › Concise Multi-IEM Comparison (HifiMan RE400 added , March. 1st, 2013) 54 seconds ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 59 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe