If they would just release a driver update so my system didn't slow down when the UDH-100 driver decides to act up, I'd be so happy...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 19post #271 of 2929/17/13 at 5:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 2929/17/13 at 8:56ampost #273 of 2929/18/13 at 3:20amQuote:
Yes, and occasionally yes. You had this problem too? every now and then Windows wont recognize the UDH-100 and it will vanish in sound devices and sometimes a 'click' will only play when it decides to act up and slow down the PC until reboot.post #274 of 2929/18/13 at 7:16am
No, I've never had anything like that at all. The only blips I've had are when my player (JRiver) crashes when my playlist contains a song below 44.1, but this is a combined software/driver issue.post #275 of 29210/7/13 at 11:37pmQuote:
it just did it again, completely vanished from my system and has slowed ti to a crawl. I tell ya I am about to get rid of this stupid thing and I wont be buying nuforce again!
Edited by harrinj - 10/7/13 at 11:39pmpost #276 of 29210/8/13 at 12:45ampost #277 of 29210/8/13 at 1:01amQuote:
Were you playing a 24 bit/192KHz audio file at the time by any chance?post #278 of 29210/8/13 at 1:17amQuote:
nope. this time CD quality foobar200 and ASIO.
I see that there is an update on their downloads page and am going to try it.post #279 of 29210/8/13 at 1:18ampost #280 of 29210/8/13 at 5:00ampost #281 of 29210/8/13 at 5:01ampost #282 of 29210/17/13 at 9:38am
Happy to report that I no longer have any of those friggen issues with this new driver. my OS has not slowed down, the UDH-100 has not vanished from my system, I have not gotten the blue screen of death from it either. thanks Nuforce. though next time do not take so long with a measly driver update!post #283 of 29210/17/13 at 9:43ampost #284 of 29210/17/13 at 11:04am
Oh that's good to hear. My work/listening station is completely dismantled due to house repairs/renos, but I'll have to try out the new driver later as well.post #285 of 29210/20/13 at 7:19pm
I'm happy to report that the new driver seems to have fixed one of the oddball stablity issues I was having.
I have a lot of old music in my collection, some of which is encoded in extremely poor quality mp3's (mono 40 kbs, that sort of thing). When playing from JRiver, if the playlist came upon one of these recordings it would crash JRiver. With the new driver, the problem seems to have gone away. I haven't tested extensively so far, but I've run it through the usual scenarios and all seems good so far. As I said before, this was an oddball one that I doubt many others would have come across.
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 seconds ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 29 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 31 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ANNOUNCEMENT: DC Area Head-Fi Meet - March 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800- Like new - 4 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 (tube with the solid state version preferred) 6 minutes ago
- › Returning to CANS.... researching is a pain...$600-$1600 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear