If they would just release a driver update so my system didn't slow down when the UDH-100 driver decides to act up, I'd be so happy...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
I'm giving these a 4 based on sound quality alone. I'm a cheap headphone user; I've gone from cheap headphone to cheap headphone over the past decade or so. I started with the Skullcandy Ink'd...
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 19post #271 of 2929/17/13 at 5:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 2929/17/13 at 8:56ampost #273 of 2929/18/13 at 3:20amQuote:
Yes, and occasionally yes. You had this problem too? every now and then Windows wont recognize the UDH-100 and it will vanish in sound devices and sometimes a 'click' will only play when it decides to act up and slow down the PC until reboot.post #274 of 2929/18/13 at 7:16am
No, I've never had anything like that at all. The only blips I've had are when my player (JRiver) crashes when my playlist contains a song below 44.1, but this is a combined software/driver issue.post #275 of 29210/7/13 at 11:37pmQuote:
it just did it again, completely vanished from my system and has slowed ti to a crawl. I tell ya I am about to get rid of this stupid thing and I wont be buying nuforce again!
Edited by harrinj - 10/7/13 at 11:39pmpost #276 of 29210/8/13 at 12:45ampost #277 of 29210/8/13 at 1:01amQuote:
Were you playing a 24 bit/192KHz audio file at the time by any chance?post #278 of 29210/8/13 at 1:17amQuote:
nope. this time CD quality foobar200 and ASIO.
I see that there is an update on their downloads page and am going to try it.post #279 of 29210/8/13 at 1:18ampost #280 of 29210/8/13 at 5:00ampost #281 of 29210/8/13 at 5:01ampost #282 of 29210/17/13 at 9:38am
Happy to report that I no longer have any of those friggen issues with this new driver. my OS has not slowed down, the UDH-100 has not vanished from my system, I have not gotten the blue screen of death from it either. thanks Nuforce. though next time do not take so long with a measly driver update!post #283 of 29210/17/13 at 9:43ampost #284 of 29210/17/13 at 11:04am
Oh that's good to hear. My work/listening station is completely dismantled due to house repairs/renos, but I'll have to try out the new driver later as well.post #285 of 29210/20/13 at 7:19pm
I'm happy to report that the new driver seems to have fixed one of the oddball stablity issues I was having.
I have a lot of old music in my collection, some of which is encoded in extremely poor quality mp3's (mono 40 kbs, that sort of thing). When playing from JRiver, if the playlist came upon one of these recordings it would crash JRiver. With the new driver, the problem seems to have gone away. I haven't tested extensively so far, but I've run it through the usual scenarios and all seems good so far. As I said before, this was an oddball one that I doubt many others would have come across.
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 7 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 14 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › Dr. Chesky's Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by az060693
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude