If they would just release a driver update so my system didn't slow down when the UDH-100 driver decides to act up, I'd be so happy...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 19post #271 of 2929/17/13 at 5:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 2929/17/13 at 8:56ampost #273 of 2929/18/13 at 3:20amQuote:
Yes, and occasionally yes. You had this problem too? every now and then Windows wont recognize the UDH-100 and it will vanish in sound devices and sometimes a 'click' will only play when it decides to act up and slow down the PC until reboot.post #274 of 2929/18/13 at 7:16am
No, I've never had anything like that at all. The only blips I've had are when my player (JRiver) crashes when my playlist contains a song below 44.1, but this is a combined software/driver issue.post #275 of 29210/7/13 at 11:37pmQuote:
it just did it again, completely vanished from my system and has slowed ti to a crawl. I tell ya I am about to get rid of this stupid thing and I wont be buying nuforce again!
Edited by harrinj - 10/7/13 at 11:39pmpost #276 of 29210/8/13 at 12:45ampost #277 of 29210/8/13 at 1:01amQuote:
Were you playing a 24 bit/192KHz audio file at the time by any chance?post #278 of 29210/8/13 at 1:17amQuote:
nope. this time CD quality foobar200 and ASIO.
I see that there is an update on their downloads page and am going to try it.post #279 of 29210/8/13 at 1:18ampost #280 of 29210/8/13 at 5:00ampost #281 of 29210/8/13 at 5:01ampost #282 of 29210/17/13 at 9:38am
Happy to report that I no longer have any of those friggen issues with this new driver. my OS has not slowed down, the UDH-100 has not vanished from my system, I have not gotten the blue screen of death from it either. thanks Nuforce. though next time do not take so long with a measly driver update!post #283 of 29210/17/13 at 9:43ampost #284 of 29210/17/13 at 11:04am
Oh that's good to hear. My work/listening station is completely dismantled due to house repairs/renos, but I'll have to try out the new driver later as well.post #285 of 29210/20/13 at 7:19pm
I'm happy to report that the new driver seems to have fixed one of the oddball stablity issues I was having.
I have a lot of old music in my collection, some of which is encoded in extremely poor quality mp3's (mono 40 kbs, that sort of thing). When playing from JRiver, if the playlist came upon one of these recordings it would crash JRiver. With the new driver, the problem seems to have gone away. I haven't tested extensively so far, but I've run it through the usual scenarios and all seems good so far. As I said before, this was an oddball one that I doubt many others would have come across.
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 42 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Welcome & Introduction for DC/VA/MD Head-Fiers 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob