If they would just release a driver update so my system didn't slow down when the UDH-100 driver decides to act up, I'd be so happy...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 19post #271 of 2919/17/13 at 5:36am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #272 of 2919/17/13 at 8:56ampost #273 of 2919/18/13 at 3:20amQuote:
Yes, and occasionally yes. You had this problem too? every now and then Windows wont recognize the UDH-100 and it will vanish in sound devices and sometimes a 'click' will only play when it decides to act up and slow down the PC until reboot.post #274 of 2919/18/13 at 7:16am
No, I've never had anything like that at all. The only blips I've had are when my player (JRiver) crashes when my playlist contains a song below 44.1, but this is a combined software/driver issue.post #275 of 29110/7/13 at 11:37pmQuote:
it just did it again, completely vanished from my system and has slowed ti to a crawl. I tell ya I am about to get rid of this stupid thing and I wont be buying nuforce again!
Edited by harrinj - 10/7/13 at 11:39pmpost #276 of 29110/8/13 at 12:45ampost #277 of 29110/8/13 at 1:01amQuote:
Were you playing a 24 bit/192KHz audio file at the time by any chance?post #278 of 29110/8/13 at 1:17amQuote:
nope. this time CD quality foobar200 and ASIO.
I see that there is an update on their downloads page and am going to try it.post #279 of 29110/8/13 at 1:18ampost #280 of 29110/8/13 at 5:00ampost #281 of 29110/8/13 at 5:01ampost #282 of 29110/17/13 at 9:38am
Happy to report that I no longer have any of those friggen issues with this new driver. my OS has not slowed down, the UDH-100 has not vanished from my system, I have not gotten the blue screen of death from it either. thanks Nuforce. though next time do not take so long with a measly driver update!post #283 of 29110/17/13 at 9:43ampost #284 of 29110/17/13 at 11:04am
Oh that's good to hear. My work/listening station is completely dismantled due to house repairs/renos, but I'll have to try out the new driver later as well.post #285 of 29110/20/13 at 7:19pm
I'm happy to report that the new driver seems to have fixed one of the oddball stablity issues I was having.
I have a lot of old music in my collection, some of which is encoded in extremely poor quality mp3's (mono 40 kbs, that sort of thing). When playing from JRiver, if the playlist came upon one of these recordings it would crash JRiver. With the new driver, the problem seems to have gone away. I haven't tested extensively so far, but I've run it through the usual scenarios and all seems good so far. As I said before, this was an oddball one that I doubt many others would have come across.
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- NuForce DAC-100No reviews yet.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG gaming cans. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › BlackBerry Z30, as a music player.... one word 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude