If they would just release a driver update so my system didn't slow down when the UDH-100 driver decides to act up, I'd be so happy...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 6/4/13
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 19
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Yes, and occasionally yes. You had this problem too? every now and then Windows wont recognize the UDH-100 and it will vanish in sound devices and sometimes a 'click' will only play when it decides to act up and slow down the PC until reboot.
No, I've never had anything like that at all. The only blips I've had are when my player (JRiver) crashes when my playlist contains a song below 44.1, but this is a combined software/driver issue.
it just did it again, completely vanished from my system and has slowed ti to a crawl. I tell ya I am about to get rid of this stupid thing and I wont be buying nuforce again!
Edited by harrinj - 10/7/13 at 11:39pm
Were you playing a 24 bit/192KHz audio file at the time by any chance?
nope. this time CD quality foobar200 and ASIO.
I see that there is an update on their downloads page and am going to try it.
Happy to report that I no longer have any of those friggen issues with this new driver. my OS has not slowed down, the UDH-100 has not vanished from my system, I have not gotten the blue screen of death from it either. thanks Nuforce. though next time do not take so long with a measly driver update!
Oh that's good to hear. My work/listening station is completely dismantled due to house repairs/renos, but I'll have to try out the new driver later as well.
I'm happy to report that the new driver seems to have fixed one of the oddball stablity issues I was having.
I have a lot of old music in my collection, some of which is encoded in extremely poor quality mp3's (mono 40 kbs, that sort of thing). When playing from JRiver, if the playlist came upon one of these recordings it would crash JRiver. With the new driver, the problem seems to have gone away. I haven't tested extensively so far, but I've run it through the usual scenarios and all seems good so far. As I said before, this was an oddball one that I doubt many others would have come across.
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 25 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 48 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 50 seconds ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 51 seconds ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 3 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 4 minutes ago
- › Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? 4 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi