I just upgraded my PC to Windows 8. Then Nuforce's asynchronous USB driver for DAC-100 no longer seem to work and DAC-100 is not recognized by the PC at all. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you know if Nuforce will be updating their driver soon?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:31pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Edited on 5/14/13
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I wonder how many DACs will have issues with Win 8? I was hoping compatibility would be high which would leave the door open for those new super-tablets like Surface, Acer W700, etc which have a real USB port.
Random observation just now: I have both the DAC-100 and HDP running side by side being fed identical streams (optical into HDP, and coax into DAC-100. With headphones plugged into each and sitting on my desk, I can tell there is a slight delay to the sound coming from the DAC-100.
When I did this with the DAC-100 vs the Bifrost, there was maybe a slight delay but less so than this, to the extent that I could not tell which was the delayed one, only that there was a slight time smear. I guess this makes the HDP "faster" for lack of a better word? Weird.
Please can you tell me about the USB adaptive mode which is concerned with the NuForce UDH-100. I ask as I use a mac with the Audirvana software which fully utilises its abilities when no drivers are required. I've noted that there is a mac driver download for the UDH-100. Can you confirm whether it is actually required given that from mid 2010 most macs can cope with 2.0 USB. I am hoping that I won't need to download it. A response from you would be most appreciated.
FYI - The U-DAC2se works fine with the software named above.
I got a UDH-100. its amazing. the volume pot is a tad bit flimsy or maybe its supposed to be that way (at first I thought it was broken) otherwise its superb just superb. truthfully I notice a rather big difference from my icon HDP even with my Schiit Valhalla plugged into the UDH-100 sounds better (so far I'm using the UDH-100's amp because they are actually driving my DT990's 600ohm better than the HDP did!) Shine on You Crazy Diamond 1-5 converted down from the SACD to 24/192 sounds AMAZING!
Interesting. I wonder if it's the same amp section as the DAC-100 or the HAP-100, or something of its own (I think it's the DAC-100... but I'm not entirely certain).
so far the UDH-100 has been fantastic minus a driver issue. right now its RCA out is plugged into my HK 430 receiver and its the best ever sound I've heard coming from my 430. it's neat using my HK for a change because it makes my DT990's really move!
I wish I knew how strong the headphone output is on that thing.
Cool. Looking forward to it.
Is it my unit or the hissing noise is on the high side? I am using a 32 Ohms headphone so maybe that's the problem. I'll try a higher impedance headphone when I get back to my S.F. house.
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“An excellent alternative to the computer user wanting something different to an internal sound card!”“Good sound for the price”
- Pros:“Pros : Sound quality, comfort, build, modularity (parts), balance, naturalness, clarity, detail”“Balanced, refined, sturdy, classic design”
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 2 minutes ago
- › Seeking advice on putting together a system based around the Audeze... 2 minutes ago
- › Spiral Ear Se 3Way Vs Heir Audio , Unique Melody Miracle, Tralucent... 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 3 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi-dentification! 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple diyMod: My Take on the Famous iMod [56k killer] Featuring... 4 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe