I just upgraded my PC to Windows 8. Then Nuforce's asynchronous USB driver for DAC-100 no longer seem to work and DAC-100 is not recognized by the PC at all. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you know if Nuforce will be updating their driver soon?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 2921/10/13 at 10:45pmpost #138 of 2921/13/13 at 10:56pmpost #139 of 2921/13/13 at 11:36pmpost #140 of 2921/14/13 at 6:38am
I wonder how many DACs will have issues with Win 8? I was hoping compatibility would be high which would leave the door open for those new super-tablets like Surface, Acer W700, etc which have a real USB port.post #141 of 2921/14/13 at 1:36pm
Random observation just now: I have both the DAC-100 and HDP running side by side being fed identical streams (optical into HDP, and coax into DAC-100. With headphones plugged into each and sitting on my desk, I can tell there is a slight delay to the sound coming from the DAC-100.
When I did this with the DAC-100 vs the Bifrost, there was maybe a slight delay but less so than this, to the extent that I could not tell which was the delayed one, only that there was a slight time smear. I guess this makes the HDP "faster" for lack of a better word? Weird.post #142 of 2921/14/13 at 6:49pm
Please can you tell me about the USB adaptive mode which is concerned with the NuForce UDH-100. I ask as I use a mac with the Audirvana software which fully utilises its abilities when no drivers are required. I've noted that there is a mac driver download for the UDH-100. Can you confirm whether it is actually required given that from mid 2010 most macs can cope with 2.0 USB. I am hoping that I won't need to download it. A response from you would be most appreciated.
FYI - The U-DAC2se works fine with the software named above.post #143 of 2921/15/13 at 6:30ampost #144 of 2921/20/13 at 2:37am
I got a UDH-100. its amazing. the volume pot is a tad bit flimsy or maybe its supposed to be that way (at first I thought it was broken) otherwise its superb just superb. truthfully I notice a rather big difference from my icon HDP even with my Schiit Valhalla plugged into the UDH-100 sounds better (so far I'm using the UDH-100's amp because they are actually driving my DT990's 600ohm better than the HDP did!) Shine on You Crazy Diamond 1-5 converted down from the SACD to 24/192 sounds AMAZING!post #145 of 2921/20/13 at 10:27am
Interesting. I wonder if it's the same amp section as the DAC-100 or the HAP-100, or something of its own (I think it's the DAC-100... but I'm not entirely certain).post #146 of 2921/23/13 at 6:18pm
I've posted some comparisons of the DAC-100 vs the HDP here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/645068/review-nuforce-dac-100#post_9032836post #147 of 2922/8/13 at 7:41pm
so far the UDH-100 has been fantastic minus a driver issue. right now its RCA out is plugged into my HK 430 receiver and its the best ever sound I've heard coming from my 430. it's neat using my HK for a change because it makes my DT990's really move!post #148 of 2922/8/13 at 8:48pmpost #149 of 2922/8/13 at 11:32pmQuote:
I wish I knew how strong the headphone output is on that thing.Quote:
Cool. Looking forward to it.post #150 of 2922/9/13 at 6:49am
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Optimal Sony XBA-4 pairing/sound 4 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X Discussion Thread (Formerly A-900X Review) 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Westone Range Signatures 8 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob