I just upgraded my PC to Windows 8. Then Nuforce's asynchronous USB driver for DAC-100 no longer seem to work and DAC-100 is not recognized by the PC at all. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you know if Nuforce will be updating their driver soon?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 12/23/12 at 12:31pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Edited on 5/14/13
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
Somehow, the Ballad of Jed Clampett comes to mind, as I start to write this. You know, the Beverly Hillbillies. He was living his life, struck gold, and everything changed. That's kind of what...
Hi, Head-fiers. This is my first post as a newbie in the forum. I will give a short introduction of myself. I am 18 years old currently studying in high-school. I love headphones because...
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I wonder how many DACs will have issues with Win 8? I was hoping compatibility would be high which would leave the door open for those new super-tablets like Surface, Acer W700, etc which have a real USB port.
Random observation just now: I have both the DAC-100 and HDP running side by side being fed identical streams (optical into HDP, and coax into DAC-100. With headphones plugged into each and sitting on my desk, I can tell there is a slight delay to the sound coming from the DAC-100.
When I did this with the DAC-100 vs the Bifrost, there was maybe a slight delay but less so than this, to the extent that I could not tell which was the delayed one, only that there was a slight time smear. I guess this makes the HDP "faster" for lack of a better word? Weird.
Please can you tell me about the USB adaptive mode which is concerned with the NuForce UDH-100. I ask as I use a mac with the Audirvana software which fully utilises its abilities when no drivers are required. I've noted that there is a mac driver download for the UDH-100. Can you confirm whether it is actually required given that from mid 2010 most macs can cope with 2.0 USB. I am hoping that I won't need to download it. A response from you would be most appreciated.
FYI - The U-DAC2se works fine with the software named above.
I got a UDH-100. its amazing. the volume pot is a tad bit flimsy or maybe its supposed to be that way (at first I thought it was broken) otherwise its superb just superb. truthfully I notice a rather big difference from my icon HDP even with my Schiit Valhalla plugged into the UDH-100 sounds better (so far I'm using the UDH-100's amp because they are actually driving my DT990's 600ohm better than the HDP did!) Shine on You Crazy Diamond 1-5 converted down from the SACD to 24/192 sounds AMAZING!
Interesting. I wonder if it's the same amp section as the DAC-100 or the HAP-100, or something of its own (I think it's the DAC-100... but I'm not entirely certain).
so far the UDH-100 has been fantastic minus a driver issue. right now its RCA out is plugged into my HK 430 receiver and its the best ever sound I've heard coming from my 430. it's neat using my HK for a change because it makes my DT990's really move!
I wish I knew how strong the headphone output is on that thing.
Cool. Looking forward to it.
Is it my unit or the hissing noise is on the high side? I am using a 32 Ohms headphone so maybe that's the problem. I'll try a higher impedance headphone when I get back to my S.F. house.
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Size! Great sound. Internal analogue volume control. Drives headphones & even sensitive IEMs well. Almost no hiss at max. volume.”“"Wull, I got me a new thumb DAC and, uh, works real good, and it gots a purty blue critter on the side that somebody painted on thar. . . ."”
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › LA Head-Fiers: MAY 31-June 2 Headphonium Event @ THE Show Newport... 39 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore and ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso IEM -... 46 seconds ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 2 minutes ago
- › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? 3 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 281 IEMs compared (VSonic GR07 BE and R02 Silver... 5 minutes ago
- › I have stopped using headphones, switched to Speakers and Sub-woofer. 9 minutes ago
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe