I just upgraded my PC to Windows 8. Then Nuforce's asynchronous USB driver for DAC-100 no longer seem to work and DAC-100 is not recognized by the PC at all. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you know if Nuforce will be updating their driver soon?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 10post #136 of 2921/10/13 at 8:54pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 2921/10/13 at 10:45pmpost #138 of 2921/13/13 at 10:56pmpost #139 of 2921/13/13 at 11:36pmpost #140 of 2921/14/13 at 6:38am
I wonder how many DACs will have issues with Win 8? I was hoping compatibility would be high which would leave the door open for those new super-tablets like Surface, Acer W700, etc which have a real USB port.post #141 of 2921/14/13 at 1:36pm
Random observation just now: I have both the DAC-100 and HDP running side by side being fed identical streams (optical into HDP, and coax into DAC-100. With headphones plugged into each and sitting on my desk, I can tell there is a slight delay to the sound coming from the DAC-100.
When I did this with the DAC-100 vs the Bifrost, there was maybe a slight delay but less so than this, to the extent that I could not tell which was the delayed one, only that there was a slight time smear. I guess this makes the HDP "faster" for lack of a better word? Weird.post #142 of 2921/14/13 at 6:49pm
Please can you tell me about the USB adaptive mode which is concerned with the NuForce UDH-100. I ask as I use a mac with the Audirvana software which fully utilises its abilities when no drivers are required. I've noted that there is a mac driver download for the UDH-100. Can you confirm whether it is actually required given that from mid 2010 most macs can cope with 2.0 USB. I am hoping that I won't need to download it. A response from you would be most appreciated.
FYI - The U-DAC2se works fine with the software named above.post #143 of 2921/15/13 at 6:30ampost #144 of 2921/20/13 at 2:37am
I got a UDH-100. its amazing. the volume pot is a tad bit flimsy or maybe its supposed to be that way (at first I thought it was broken) otherwise its superb just superb. truthfully I notice a rather big difference from my icon HDP even with my Schiit Valhalla plugged into the UDH-100 sounds better (so far I'm using the UDH-100's amp because they are actually driving my DT990's 600ohm better than the HDP did!) Shine on You Crazy Diamond 1-5 converted down from the SACD to 24/192 sounds AMAZING!post #145 of 2921/20/13 at 10:27am
Interesting. I wonder if it's the same amp section as the DAC-100 or the HAP-100, or something of its own (I think it's the DAC-100... but I'm not entirely certain).post #146 of 2921/23/13 at 6:18pm
I've posted some comparisons of the DAC-100 vs the HDP here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/645068/review-nuforce-dac-100#post_9032836post #147 of 2922/8/13 at 7:41pm
so far the UDH-100 has been fantastic minus a driver issue. right now its RCA out is plugged into my HK 430 receiver and its the best ever sound I've heard coming from my 430. it's neat using my HK for a change because it makes my DT990's really move!post #148 of 2922/8/13 at 8:48pmpost #149 of 2922/8/13 at 11:32pmQuote:
I wish I knew how strong the headphone output is on that thing.Quote:
Cool. Looking forward to it.post #150 of 2922/9/13 at 6:49am
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 30 seconds ago
- › Monoprice tube headphone amp and planar magnetic headphones (M560) 47 seconds ago
- › Kumitate (くみたて) Lab: A Triumph and Celebration of DIY - Impressions... 1 minute ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 4 minutes ago
- › Foobar and using EqualizerAPO , loud parts in music limit on the fly 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear