I just upgraded my PC to Windows 8. Then Nuforce's asynchronous USB driver for DAC-100 no longer seem to work and DAC-100 is not recognized by the PC at all. Has anyone encountered this problem? Do you know if Nuforce will be updating their driver soon?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need help reaching the next level with my set up. Last post on 10/26/12 at 5:35pm in High-end Audio Forum
- ART Legato and BNC to RCA: impedance matching-related question Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:13am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best-sounding source for amp/speakers? Last post on 8/28/12 at 5:17pm in Dedicated Source Components
- SPDIF connection between PC and DAC... Last post on 8/27/12 at 8:46am in Dedicated Source Components
- Computer/DAC vs. DAP as source component Last post on 8/26/12 at 2:12am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
Nuforce Dac-100 News - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 2921/10/13 at 10:45pmpost #138 of 2921/13/13 at 10:56pmpost #139 of 2921/13/13 at 11:36pmpost #140 of 2921/14/13 at 6:38am
I wonder how many DACs will have issues with Win 8? I was hoping compatibility would be high which would leave the door open for those new super-tablets like Surface, Acer W700, etc which have a real USB port.post #141 of 2921/14/13 at 1:36pm
Random observation just now: I have both the DAC-100 and HDP running side by side being fed identical streams (optical into HDP, and coax into DAC-100. With headphones plugged into each and sitting on my desk, I can tell there is a slight delay to the sound coming from the DAC-100.
When I did this with the DAC-100 vs the Bifrost, there was maybe a slight delay but less so than this, to the extent that I could not tell which was the delayed one, only that there was a slight time smear. I guess this makes the HDP "faster" for lack of a better word? Weird.post #142 of 2921/14/13 at 6:49pm
Please can you tell me about the USB adaptive mode which is concerned with the NuForce UDH-100. I ask as I use a mac with the Audirvana software which fully utilises its abilities when no drivers are required. I've noted that there is a mac driver download for the UDH-100. Can you confirm whether it is actually required given that from mid 2010 most macs can cope with 2.0 USB. I am hoping that I won't need to download it. A response from you would be most appreciated.
FYI - The U-DAC2se works fine with the software named above.post #143 of 2921/15/13 at 6:30ampost #144 of 2921/20/13 at 2:37am
I got a UDH-100. its amazing. the volume pot is a tad bit flimsy or maybe its supposed to be that way (at first I thought it was broken) otherwise its superb just superb. truthfully I notice a rather big difference from my icon HDP even with my Schiit Valhalla plugged into the UDH-100 sounds better (so far I'm using the UDH-100's amp because they are actually driving my DT990's 600ohm better than the HDP did!) Shine on You Crazy Diamond 1-5 converted down from the SACD to 24/192 sounds AMAZING!post #145 of 2921/20/13 at 10:27am
Interesting. I wonder if it's the same amp section as the DAC-100 or the HAP-100, or something of its own (I think it's the DAC-100... but I'm not entirely certain).post #146 of 2921/23/13 at 6:18pm
I've posted some comparisons of the DAC-100 vs the HDP here. http://www.head-fi.org/t/645068/review-nuforce-dac-100#post_9032836post #147 of 2922/8/13 at 7:41pm
so far the UDH-100 has been fantastic minus a driver issue. right now its RCA out is plugged into my HK 430 receiver and its the best ever sound I've heard coming from my 430. it's neat using my HK for a change because it makes my DT990's really move!post #148 of 2922/8/13 at 8:48pmpost #149 of 2922/8/13 at 11:32pmQuote:
I wish I knew how strong the headphone output is on that thing.Quote:
Cool. Looking forward to it.post #150 of 2922/9/13 at 6:49am
- Nuforce Dac-100 News
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 seconds ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 12 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › free gifts of RE600, HM700 and RE400 4 minutes ago
- › Alessandro MS1000 and MS Ultimate - DIY & modding [56K warning] 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › iOS app with built in EQ curves for specific brands/models of... 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 5 minutes ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 5 minutes ago
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob