Is there any way to mod the 3rd generation iPod nano so as to install additional storage capacity? Obviously, Apple intends that this can't be done, but it seems like it would be pretty straightforward to just crack it open and replace the memory chip with a higher-capacity one.
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productiPod Nano Red (3rd Generation)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip 1 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze V2tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze V2 Rockbox has better SQ than Clip+ Rockbox Last post on 7/12/10 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Looking for something cheap and cheerful: Fuze replacement Last post on 9/21/12 at 9:32am in Portable Source Gear
- Clip+ sounds better than the Classic Last post on 8/31/13 at 9:00am in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
Is it possible to mod iPod nano 3rd gen for extra storage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good luck. You would need to find a compatible memory module and have a very fine soldering iron to install it. Imo it is a better idea to spend $50 and buy a 2GB Sandisk Clip+($30), and a 32GB class 4 microSDHC card($20) to put in it(The Clip+ has a micro SDHC card slot). Some have said the Clip+ will even take a 64GB micro SDXC card if it is formatted as FAT32. Sandisk advises against doing this though. Would 34GB of storage be enough for you?
I have a Sansa Fuze with 40 GB storage, and I'm aware that other digital players exist. It's not a matter of the price. It's just that I really like the user interface software and form factor of the iPod Nano 3rd gen. (and yes, I have tried Rockbox) But I don't know the first thing about soldering, so clearly this is not a mod I could do myself. It's probably better just to shop for another digital player.
I have the same problem.
I don't like any of the new touch iPods and the 3rd generation Nano was the best iPod they made. It actually updated on the fly playlists etc.
Have you had any luck finding someone who is able to turn a 3rd generation nano into 32gb storage?
I haven't been able to do it, sorry. I think I'll just have to put up with a physically larger player in order to have more storage space along with good navigation features.
- Is it possible to mod iPod nano 3rd gen for extra storage?
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 24 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones that are crystal clear 5 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude