Is there any way to mod the 3rd generation iPod nano so as to install additional storage capacity? Obviously, Apple intends that this can't be done, but it seems like it would be pretty straightforward to just crack it open and replace the memory chip with a higher-capacity one.
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productiPod Nano Red (3rd Generation)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip 1 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze V2tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze V2 Rockbox has better SQ than Clip+ Rockbox Last post on 7/12/10 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Looking for something cheap and cheerful: Fuze replacement Last post on 9/21/12 at 9:32am in Portable Source Gear
- Clip+ sounds better than the Classic Last post on 8/31/13 at 9:00am in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Is it possible to mod iPod nano 3rd gen for extra storage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good luck. You would need to find a compatible memory module and have a very fine soldering iron to install it. Imo it is a better idea to spend $50 and buy a 2GB Sandisk Clip+($30), and a 32GB class 4 microSDHC card($20) to put in it(The Clip+ has a micro SDHC card slot). Some have said the Clip+ will even take a 64GB micro SDXC card if it is formatted as FAT32. Sandisk advises against doing this though. Would 34GB of storage be enough for you?
I have a Sansa Fuze with 40 GB storage, and I'm aware that other digital players exist. It's not a matter of the price. It's just that I really like the user interface software and form factor of the iPod Nano 3rd gen. (and yes, I have tried Rockbox) But I don't know the first thing about soldering, so clearly this is not a mod I could do myself. It's probably better just to shop for another digital player.
I have the same problem.
I don't like any of the new touch iPods and the 3rd generation Nano was the best iPod they made. It actually updated on the fly playlists etc.
Have you had any luck finding someone who is able to turn a 3rd generation nano into 32gb storage?
I haven't been able to do it, sorry. I think I'll just have to put up with a physically larger player in order to have more storage space along with good navigation features.
- Is it possible to mod iPod nano 3rd gen for extra storage?
- › AudioQuest - Cinnamon TosLink (Full to Mini, 1.5m) 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-1AMP 5 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 16 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 21 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 22 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 1 day, 1 hour ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 1 day, 2 hours ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 day, 2 hours ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear