Is there any way to mod the 3rd generation iPod nano so as to install additional storage capacity? Obviously, Apple intends that this can't be done, but it seems like it would be pretty straightforward to just crack it open and replace the memory chip with a higher-capacity one.
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productiPod Nano Red (3rd Generation)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip 1 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze V2tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze V2 Rockbox has better SQ than Clip+ Rockbox Last post on 7/12/10 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Looking for something cheap and cheerful: Fuze replacement Last post on 9/21/12 at 9:32am in Portable Source Gear
- Clip+ sounds better than the Classic Last post on 8/31/13 at 9:00am in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
Is it possible to mod iPod nano 3rd gen for extra storage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good luck. You would need to find a compatible memory module and have a very fine soldering iron to install it. Imo it is a better idea to spend $50 and buy a 2GB Sandisk Clip+($30), and a 32GB class 4 microSDHC card($20) to put in it(The Clip+ has a micro SDHC card slot). Some have said the Clip+ will even take a 64GB micro SDXC card if it is formatted as FAT32. Sandisk advises against doing this though. Would 34GB of storage be enough for you?
I have a Sansa Fuze with 40 GB storage, and I'm aware that other digital players exist. It's not a matter of the price. It's just that I really like the user interface software and form factor of the iPod Nano 3rd gen. (and yes, I have tried Rockbox) But I don't know the first thing about soldering, so clearly this is not a mod I could do myself. It's probably better just to shop for another digital player.
I have the same problem.
I don't like any of the new touch iPods and the 3rd generation Nano was the best iPod they made. It actually updated on the fly playlists etc.
Have you had any luck finding someone who is able to turn a 3rd generation nano into 32gb storage?
I haven't been able to do it, sorry. I think I'll just have to put up with a physically larger player in order to have more storage space along with good navigation features.
- Is it possible to mod iPod nano 3rd gen for extra storage?
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › DITA "The Answer" 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic AT1350 - An Improved DT1350? 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 5 minutes ago
- › UberBifrost vs Emo DC-1 5 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 5 minutes ago
- › New Audio-GD NFB-6 Balanced Amplifier 6 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob