Is there any way to mod the 3rd generation iPod nano so as to install additional storage capacity? Obviously, Apple intends that this can't be done, but it seems like it would be pretty straightforward to just crack it open and replace the memory chip with a higher-capacity one.
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productiPod Nano Red (3rd Generation)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Clip 1 GB MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 6/28/12
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze V2tagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze V2 Rockbox has better SQ than Clip+ Rockbox Last post on 7/12/10 at 2:14am in Portable Source Gear
- Looking for something cheap and cheerful: Fuze replacement Last post on 9/21/12 at 9:32am in Portable Source Gear
- Clip+ sounds better than the Classic Last post on 8/31/13 at 9:00am in Portable Source Gear
- looking for new DAP. Last post on 8/19/12 at 9:51pm in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Is it possible to mod iPod nano 3rd gen for extra storage?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good luck. You would need to find a compatible memory module and have a very fine soldering iron to install it. Imo it is a better idea to spend $50 and buy a 2GB Sandisk Clip+($30), and a 32GB class 4 microSDHC card($20) to put in it(The Clip+ has a micro SDHC card slot). Some have said the Clip+ will even take a 64GB micro SDXC card if it is formatted as FAT32. Sandisk advises against doing this though. Would 34GB of storage be enough for you?
I have a Sansa Fuze with 40 GB storage, and I'm aware that other digital players exist. It's not a matter of the price. It's just that I really like the user interface software and form factor of the iPod Nano 3rd gen. (and yes, I have tried Rockbox) But I don't know the first thing about soldering, so clearly this is not a mod I could do myself. It's probably better just to shop for another digital player.
I have the same problem.
I don't like any of the new touch iPods and the 3rd generation Nano was the best iPod they made. It actually updated on the fly playlists etc.
Have you had any luck finding someone who is able to turn a 3rd generation nano into 32gb storage?
I haven't been able to do it, sorry. I think I'll just have to put up with a physically larger player in order to have more storage space along with good navigation features.
- Is it possible to mod iPod nano 3rd gen for extra storage?
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia - NEW Products + Flagship Upgrade Program! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › FS: Chord Mojo 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones sale 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 7 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 7 minutes ago
- › Would my home theatre receiver be able to drive Sennheiser HD 650s? 8 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 8 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear