Just wondering what he experts think here. I am buying a new amp soon and i have it narrowed down to these 3 - RX MK3, PICO SLIM or GOVIBE porta tube. At the moment i have to say im leaning more towards the RX MK3. Ill be using the cowon j3 and sennheiser hd650 with it. Should i just go with the MK3 or stay searching????
Related Forum Threads
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Clas or fostex ? Last post on 9/12/12 at 3:34am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Alo Audio Continental V2 Last post on 10/16/13 at 11:02pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Looking for "best" portable amp for Audeze LCD-2 Last post on 8/30/12 at 10:36pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Whereas I am also an old school hard-core vinyl aficionado, I (luckily) jumped the digital high-res train early enough to nowadays be equipped with the most necessary hard- and software to be able...
My comprehensive review of the Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones BURN-IN TIME - Took about 3-4 days to burn in so maybe 12 or so hours for me Upon receiving these as a gift for my birthday (so I...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music and sound equipment but I...
Brace yourself... Pardon any grammatical errors please as this is one of my longer reviews. Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be...
rx mk3, pico slim or govibe porta tubepost #1 of 26/22/12 at 10:08amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 26/22/12 at 10:42am
Here's a good thread to ask that question at: http://www.head-fi.org/t/614557/best-portable-headphone-amp/30 Or maybe try http://www.head-fi.org/t/609931/alo-audio-rxmkiii-balanced-portable-amplifier-impressions/330 I think by posting on the second of these, you'll find most anyone who has the RXMKIII and maybe someone who has heard all three amps you're interested in.
- rx mk3, pico slim or govibe porta tube
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 2 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 23 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-007 MK1 29 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 49 seconds ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by ahunatu
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by bkyoung
- › Superlux HD-631 by Sharingan
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)