- 4 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrading question Last post on 8/11/12 at 8:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best earphones for under $100? Last post on 7/26/12 at 4:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking Fot The Most Comfortable In Ear Headphones around a 100$ Last post on 7/16/12 at 10:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 3:21pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- OY! Budget 10-200$, looking for decent IEMs or earphones. Cheers! Last post on 6/21/12 at 3:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Final Audio Adagio II Reviewpost #1 of 86/21/12 at 2:10amThread StarterAs my audio world was open up after trying out the Hippo Pearl (from the previous review), I decided to try out more earphonesto get used to the many varieties out there. And so I decided to head out to Jaben Audio once again, for another earphone review.Me Gusta~!This time, I was given the Final Audio Adagio II, and will be comparing it with with the previous Hippo Pearl. Not much infomationon the net, even the box itself is written in Kanji. So lets kick start with the build quality.-Design, Built Quality, and Fitting-Classy touchFirst of all, impression. To be honest, I find the design and outlay of this earphone rather unique than the Hippo Pearl.It has 3 different colours, namely Indigo, Cream, and Black. For my taste, I would definitely take the black colouredone for it's stylish.Looks kinda like my old airplane model engine, LOL!I notice the airplane engine design used on the housing. Perhaps it's there to enable efficientair-flow for the driver to reduce heating on the cabinet. The wires are thin and also don't tend to tangle up which makeslife easier for portable use. Even if it's thin, I was assured that it's more durable after touching and feeling the builtmaterial used on it. The elastic cable effectively eliminated the touch noise, basicly known as vibrations, unlike the Pearlwhich was annoying. I was even told that this earphone fits perfectly into my ears, which I find true indeed! Comfort is justperfect, for despite the size of the earphone, it's even lighter than the Pearl. From a personal view, the ear tips are madesoft to reduce the occurance of pain on my ears, in other words, wearing it for long hours shouldn't be a problem for mostpeople. Overall, the Adagio II is perfect for comfort when compared to the Pearl.-Sound Impressions-I've tested it with a list of few songs but I've decided to choose two particular tracks that really shows the Adagio IIoverall performances, namely :[Sexy and I Know It] by LMFAOAt the beginning of the track, I was pretty amazed with the open soundstage feeling on this earphone. It has an awesome,punchy, smooth bass without sacrificing much other details of the song. For example, the vocals produced is rather natural,clear, and forward, even with those bass going along with the song. The electro instruments on this track was produce elegantly.It was rather lively and really, really detailed. To put it in other words, it moves you along with the track. THe trebles aremoderate at start, so it's advisable to burn it in after purchase to further improve the overall music quality. When it comesto mids, it's above average so it'll go BOOM! This is what makes the Adagio II really unique when compared to the Pearl.The music you hear from it is great for hours.[Superman] by Five For FightingDuring the first part of the track, the piano sounding was excellent. The combination of the instrumental part with the vocals areimpressive. Mostly, one can simply feel the impact of the song. For a simple example, when the drums come in further in the track,it expresses the bands feelings blended along with the song, much like giving it a "Kick". But at times, some parts of the song getsway too blended along, simply to put in, clarity ain't there at times. From testing it, sometimes the bass overwhelms other partsof the song which anoyingly disrupts my enjoyment unlike the Pearl! But as stated above, owners of the Adagio II might have to giveit a burn in first, which is personaly an avisable step to improve the earphone.-The Verdict-After taking the Adagio II for a "ride", the Bass and Mids are way superior when directly compared to the Pearl. But as stated, at times,the trebles performance drop, simply to put it which makes the Pearl slightly better at this. Like all new earphones, burn in is requiredto boost your music enjoyment on the Adagio II. For the price of RM 295, this IEM outshines others of the same range. Overall, the Adagio IIis a recomended product for those that has a going for some awesome bass, that won't sacrifice other details of the track you're playing.For those off you thats planning for an upgrade, I advise you kick start with this IEM.I hope you've find the review useful, and lastly, enjoy your music!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/22/12 at 6:10ampost #3 of 86/22/12 at 7:57ampost #4 of 86/26/12 at 4:14amThread Starterpost #5 of 86/26/12 at 7:11ampost #6 of 87/17/12 at 8:35am
Just got my FAD Adagio II and pair with GoVibe Mini Box amp. Before this Klipsch S4 is my target, but after I tested this I prefer this as this produce better vocal sound. Overall I'm satisfied with the earphone. I like the bass and not too heavy and it still keep the clarity sound which I want it. Even without the amp, it is great. Once plugged with the amp, the bass is more strong punch.
Like it. ^^post #7 of 87/25/12 at 10:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Final Audio Adagio II Review
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 4 minutes ago
- › 👍DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, AK380, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1,... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by Midgetguy
- › Pai Audio MR4 by HiFiChris
- › Echobox Audio Finder X1 by Hisoundfi
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by Hisoundfi
- › RHA MA750i by Cinder
- › RM-S1 Wired Sport Headset Stereo Headphone Earphone For iPhone 6... by Redcarmoose
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...