New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-Moda M80

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I would be using these for portability. And I was wondering if there better than UE TF10's? I listen to folk and indie and rock like Radiohead. The new white one looks so sexy so I was wondering if they would be better in terms of SQ.

post #2 of 8

I'd encourage you to spend some time reading the M80 thread.

 

I don't think their sound quality is better than the triple.fi 10. The triple.fi 10 is a very good iem, though I'm not a fan of its recessed mids. The M80 is almost the opposite w/ fuller mids, recessed treble and less bass slam. You may enjoy the M80 more for folk. The triple.fi does have a ton of details.

 

Personally, I find the M80 really rough on the ears because it rests on them.

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

I'd encourage you to spend some time reading the M80 thread.

 

I don't think their sound quality is better than the triple.fi 10. The triple.fi 10 is a very good iem, though I'm not a fan of its recessed mids. The M80 is almost the opposite w/ fuller mids, recessed treble and less bass slam. You may enjoy the M80 more for folk. The triple.fi does have a ton of details.

 

Personally, I find the M80 really rough on the ears because it rests on them.

Oh there not comfy?

post #4 of 8

Maybe for half an hour they're not bad; too much longer, and I pretty much hated them. But they don't really isolate well either. Personally, the most comfortable on ear I've heard is the ESW9a. But over all, over ears are much more comfortable and better for longer listening. I think what you lose in portability (since they're bigger) you more than recover in comfort.

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Maybe for half an hour they're not bad; too much longer, and I pretty much hated them. But they don't really isolate well either. Personally, the most comfortable on ear I've heard is the ESW9a. But over all, over ears are much more comfortable and better for longer listening. I think what you lose in portability (since they're bigger) you more than recover in comfort.

Oh then im not getting them. lol.

post #6 of 8

IEMs are getting better and better. Portable cans are no longer winner for sound competetion.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Maybe for half an hour they're not bad; too much longer, and I pretty much hated them. But they don't really isolate well either. Personally, the most comfortable on ear I've heard is the ESW9a. But over all, over ears are much more comfortable and better for longer listening. I think what you lose in portability (since they're bigger) you more than recover in comfort.

Personally I felt they were quite comfortable once adjusted properly.  It took a few weeks and a bit of bending of the headband, but now I can wear them for hours at a time with only a bit of discomfort.

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBomb77766 View Post

Personally I felt they were quite comfortable once adjusted properly.  It took a few weeks and a bit of bending of the headband, but now I can wear them for hours at a time with only a bit of discomfort.

I think im going to stick with the TripleFi 10's. Thanks anyways.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: