- 3 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD-280 Professional Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice on new headphone purchase Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best for movies under...? Few choices... Last post on 10/11/12 at 3:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Searching for headphones under $150USD for home use! Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for $100 or less? Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Studio Headphonespost #1 of 56/19/12 at 10:16amThread StarterI'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/19/12 at 10:26ampost #3 of 56/19/12 at 11:10am
Check out Sony MDR-7506/MDR-V6 or Sennhesier HD-280 PRO.
Edt: There also is a Sennheiser HD-380, but I am not sure if it as flat as the HD-280.
Edit 2: On the HeadRoom graphs the Shure SRH840s(I haven't heard these) have a huge hump in the 100Hz range. Not sure if this is a wrong measurement or if it is a way to make the headphones not sound thin.
Also stay away from headphones with angled drivers when mixing. Like the Ultrasone S-Logic headphones, because it makes certain sounds just fade away in the background in my experience.
Edited by LithosZA - 6/19/12 at 11:19ampost #4 of 56/20/12 at 7:46pm
If you're on a budget, you might want to consider AKG K240 Studios. My AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon, and they're quite literally sounding better by the hour. Fairly neutral, bit heavier on the low end than I expected, but fairly good all-around. The going price for these seem to float between $79.99 and $99.99 depending on seller and time-of-day.
I'm not sure if they look bad ass enough for you, but I dig the Fatherland-inspired radioland aesthetics myself. My own AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon (listening and breaking them in right now) and they're literally sounding better by the hour.post #5 of 56/20/12 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkernan7553
I'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?
Heard the KRK KNS 8400 make good studio headphone.
I own the KNS 8400, (have no idea on what studio sound is like?)
Maybe the AKG K240/242.
- Studio Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 12 seconds ago
- › Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color) 58 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)