- 3 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice on new headphone purchase Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best for movies under...? Few choices... Last post on 10/11/12 at 3:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Studio Headphonespost #1 of 56/19/12 at 10:16amThread StarterI'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/19/12 at 10:26ampost #3 of 56/19/12 at 11:10am
Check out Sony MDR-7506/MDR-V6 or Sennhesier HD-280 PRO.
Edt: There also is a Sennheiser HD-380, but I am not sure if it as flat as the HD-280.
Edit 2: On the HeadRoom graphs the Shure SRH840s(I haven't heard these) have a huge hump in the 100Hz range. Not sure if this is a wrong measurement or if it is a way to make the headphones not sound thin.
Also stay away from headphones with angled drivers when mixing. Like the Ultrasone S-Logic headphones, because it makes certain sounds just fade away in the background in my experience.
Edited by LithosZA - 6/19/12 at 11:19ampost #4 of 56/20/12 at 7:46pm
If you're on a budget, you might want to consider AKG K240 Studios. My AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon, and they're quite literally sounding better by the hour. Fairly neutral, bit heavier on the low end than I expected, but fairly good all-around. The going price for these seem to float between $79.99 and $99.99 depending on seller and time-of-day.
I'm not sure if they look bad ass enough for you, but I dig the Fatherland-inspired radioland aesthetics myself. My own AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon (listening and breaking them in right now) and they're literally sounding better by the hour.post #5 of 56/20/12 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkernan7553
I'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?
Heard the KRK KNS 8400 make good studio headphone.
I own the KNS 8400, (have no idea on what studio sound is like?)
Maybe the AKG K240/242.
- Studio Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Are the Shure SE215s a 'must have' for making comparisons with... 1 second ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 12 seconds ago
- › Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Does a better quality USB cable influence sound? 1 minute ago
- › The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › VIVO XE800 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 7 minutes ago
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...