- 3 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice on new headphone purchase Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best for movies under...? Few choices... Last post on 10/11/12 at 3:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
The TH900 is magical. It's the hot rod of flagship, makes no apologies, and takes no prisoners IF, you wanna take it that far. This phone just begs to be driven, and it just keeps producing. I find...
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker Ting The review that swayed me to get on-board http://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584 The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Studio Headphonespost #1 of 56/19/12 at 10:16amThread StarterI'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/19/12 at 10:26ampost #3 of 56/19/12 at 11:10am
Check out Sony MDR-7506/MDR-V6 or Sennhesier HD-280 PRO.
Edt: There also is a Sennheiser HD-380, but I am not sure if it as flat as the HD-280.
Edit 2: On the HeadRoom graphs the Shure SRH840s(I haven't heard these) have a huge hump in the 100Hz range. Not sure if this is a wrong measurement or if it is a way to make the headphones not sound thin.
Also stay away from headphones with angled drivers when mixing. Like the Ultrasone S-Logic headphones, because it makes certain sounds just fade away in the background in my experience.
Edited by LithosZA - 6/19/12 at 11:19ampost #4 of 56/20/12 at 7:46pm
If you're on a budget, you might want to consider AKG K240 Studios. My AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon, and they're quite literally sounding better by the hour. Fairly neutral, bit heavier on the low end than I expected, but fairly good all-around. The going price for these seem to float between $79.99 and $99.99 depending on seller and time-of-day.
I'm not sure if they look bad ass enough for you, but I dig the Fatherland-inspired radioland aesthetics myself. My own AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon (listening and breaking them in right now) and they're literally sounding better by the hour.post #5 of 56/20/12 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkernan7553
I'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?
Heard the KRK KNS 8400 make good studio headphone.
I own the KNS 8400, (have no idea on what studio sound is like?)
Maybe the AKG K240/242.
- Studio Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 9 seconds ago
- › MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience? 19 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 38 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 5 minutes ago
- › A+ Technology in Daniel Hertz's Master Class software and future of... 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear