- 3 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice on new headphone purchase Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best for movies under...? Few choices... Last post on 10/11/12 at 3:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
Studio Headphonespost #1 of 56/19/12 at 10:16amThread StarterI'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/19/12 at 10:26ampost #3 of 56/19/12 at 11:10am
Check out Sony MDR-7506/MDR-V6 or Sennhesier HD-280 PRO.
Edt: There also is a Sennheiser HD-380, but I am not sure if it as flat as the HD-280.
Edit 2: On the HeadRoom graphs the Shure SRH840s(I haven't heard these) have a huge hump in the 100Hz range. Not sure if this is a wrong measurement or if it is a way to make the headphones not sound thin.
Also stay away from headphones with angled drivers when mixing. Like the Ultrasone S-Logic headphones, because it makes certain sounds just fade away in the background in my experience.
Edited by LithosZA - 6/19/12 at 11:19ampost #4 of 56/20/12 at 7:46pm
If you're on a budget, you might want to consider AKG K240 Studios. My AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon, and they're quite literally sounding better by the hour. Fairly neutral, bit heavier on the low end than I expected, but fairly good all-around. The going price for these seem to float between $79.99 and $99.99 depending on seller and time-of-day.
I'm not sure if they look bad ass enough for you, but I dig the Fatherland-inspired radioland aesthetics myself. My own AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon (listening and breaking them in right now) and they're literally sounding better by the hour.post #5 of 56/20/12 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkernan7553
I'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?
Heard the KRK KNS 8400 make good studio headphone.
I own the KNS 8400, (have no idea on what studio sound is like?)
Maybe the AKG K240/242.
- Studio Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › HD 598 Replacement 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Receivers/Integrated/Transports with BEST headphone jack? 4 minutes ago
- › Soundstage Width and Cross-feed: Some Observations 4 minutes ago
- › WTB: Ultrasone Pro 750 or 900 4 minutes ago
- › Do you dream about headphones now? 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 8 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 8 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)