- 3 Posts. Joined 5/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 280 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productShure SRH840tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSony Pro MDR-7506 Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for advice on new headphone purchase Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best for movies under...? Few choices... Last post on 10/11/12 at 3:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best over-ear headphones for $100 or less? Heres what Im looking for. Last post on 7/28/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best budget headphone under $80? Last post on 10/25/12 at 2:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Foldable Headphones for Music and Gaming Last post on 10/8/11 at 2:45pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Studio Headphonespost #1 of 56/19/12 at 10:16amThread StarterI'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 56/19/12 at 10:26ampost #3 of 56/19/12 at 11:10am
Check out Sony MDR-7506/MDR-V6 or Sennhesier HD-280 PRO.
Edt: There also is a Sennheiser HD-380, but I am not sure if it as flat as the HD-280.
Edit 2: On the HeadRoom graphs the Shure SRH840s(I haven't heard these) have a huge hump in the 100Hz range. Not sure if this is a wrong measurement or if it is a way to make the headphones not sound thin.
Also stay away from headphones with angled drivers when mixing. Like the Ultrasone S-Logic headphones, because it makes certain sounds just fade away in the background in my experience.
Edited by LithosZA - 6/19/12 at 11:19ampost #4 of 56/20/12 at 7:46pm
If you're on a budget, you might want to consider AKG K240 Studios. My AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon, and they're quite literally sounding better by the hour. Fairly neutral, bit heavier on the low end than I expected, but fairly good all-around. The going price for these seem to float between $79.99 and $99.99 depending on seller and time-of-day.
I'm not sure if they look bad ass enough for you, but I dig the Fatherland-inspired radioland aesthetics myself. My own AKG K240 Studios just arrived earlier this afternoon (listening and breaking them in right now) and they're literally sounding better by the hour.post #5 of 56/20/12 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by jkernan7553
I'm a noob, so excuse me. If i'm gonna buy studio headphones, do i want them to be perfectly flat? I'm gonna be using them to make Electronic/Dubstep. If they aren't flat, i'll mix the songs incorrectly, right? On that note, any recommendations for said headphones? Looking to spend no more than $300. Also, I'm looking for headphones that look really badass (lol). Around $200?
What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?
Heard the KRK KNS 8400 make good studio headphone.
I own the KNS 8400, (have no idea on what studio sound is like?)
Maybe the AKG K240/242.
- Studio Headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 Review 38 seconds ago
- › If young people have the best hearing, and men lose theirs faster... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman He-400 or He-500? 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 5 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)