- 3 Posts. Joined 6/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAKG K 550tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO e10tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 6/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Got questions about Westone 3 and 4R to get the most sound out of it! Last post on 11/26/12 at 7:42am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- AKG K550 AMP or Soundcard Last post on 10/29/12 at 12:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sell Beats, (yes Beats) and buy HiFiMan RE-262? Last post on 10/4/12 at 7:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What goes in-between my Denon AH-D5000 and laptop/Ipad. Last post on 9/23/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Would like a recommended amp for a pair of beats by dre tour and akg k550post #1 of 86/17/12 at 9:45pmThread StarterLooking into buying amps for each, would you recommended for me? Though I have still yet to purchase the akg but im wanting to know if theirs a preferred amp to go along with it for my purchase,
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/17/12 at 10:55pmQuote:
What source(s) are you plugging the headphones into?
Portable wise, a Fiio E11 should work for both.post #3 of 86/17/12 at 11:31pmThread Starterpost #4 of 86/17/12 at 11:40pmQuote:
The Fiio E10 can not use it's DAC with the iPhone anyway.
and the E11 amp. is a little better then the E10s
For around $13, you can get two spare batteries(BL-5B) and a battery charger for the E11, on eBay.
The Made in China batteries may not hold a charge (mA) as well as they are listed for, but for the low price you pay, it does not matter.post #5 of 86/17/12 at 11:53pmpost #6 of 86/17/12 at 11:56pm
He can't use the Fiio E17 ($140) DAC with the iPhone, just the amp. part.
And the Fiio E11 is only $65.post #7 of 86/18/12 at 12:14amQuote:
thats true but if he ever uses it with a comp... then he would have a dac
- Would like a recommended amp for a pair of beats by dre tour and akg k550
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Great Rock Albums! 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 6 minutes ago
- › FS: HiFiMAN RE-600 Songbird IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 10 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3