Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH - Page 2

post #16 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smid View Post

Great review, WakiDabeast, as a regular ATH M50S owner I agree with you. I've encountered problems with the spring close to the jack too, but I haven't found an easy way to put it in the right place. Could you kindly tell me what is your strategy?

 

Many thanks.

 

 

   SMid

Hello! If you mean the spring getting out of its place.. well what I do is pull the spring so that it is stretched out a lot, and this decreases the size of each spiral. Then you can play around with one end to get it underneath the jack while the spring is stretched out. It's tricky and I don't think it will always work, but it's worth a try. If you have problems just let me know, I might include that in a video review ^^.

post #17 of 32

Now I know that mine's an older model.. :D Great review.. 

post #18 of 32

Are you experiencing any yellowing of the headphones? I almost got these in white but I was scared that it might start turning yellowish after a few months.

post #19 of 32

it will be called m50y if it turns to yellow

post #20 of 32

I just ordered the black ones on Amazon. Can't wait to get them in, I'm curious to see if they have changed the ear pads on all lines or just the white ones. Man the white ones look really good!

post #21 of 32

@ OP, great analysis of the white M50's.

post #22 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post

@ OP, great analysis of the white M50's.

Thanks I think :P, what does OP mean?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedak View Post

I just ordered the black ones on Amazon. Can't wait to get them in, I'm curious to see if they have changed the ear pads on all lines or just the white ones. Man the white ones look really good!

I believe it is on all lines ^^, you're going to love them. Yeah hehe :> the black ones still look nice too, but mine are really beat up.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungHustla View Post

Are you experiencing any yellowing of the headphones? I almost got these in white but I was scared that it might start turning yellowish after a few months.

Nope ^^ not yet at least, but I don't take them out and about. Still, I have gotten absolutely no yellowing yet. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PierrotLeFou View Post

Now I know that mine's an older model.. :D Great review.. 

according to the pads?

post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakiDabeast View Post

Thanks I think :P, what does OP mean?

OP = original post[er]

post #24 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicPie View Post

OP = original post[er]

oh..^^

post #25 of 32

Whites are a beauty.

 

Have a pair of black coiled, but the pads and the design on the white just seem so much more appealing.

 

Thanks for the review! Enjoyed.

post #26 of 32

Got mines recently, the normal black ones definitely have the pad update.

post #27 of 32
Thread Starter 

Sorry for late response ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedak View Post

Got mines recently, the normal black ones definitely have the pad update.

Yeah, I believe when the price of the M50 went up from 120 to 150ish they added the new pads. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride View Post

Whites are a beauty.

 

Have a pair of black coiled, but the pads and the design on the white just seem so much more appealing.

 

Thanks for the review! Enjoyed.

Yeah, in my opinion they do ^^, but I will always love the simplistic low profile of the black ones with the thinner pads.

 

post #28 of 32

Very nice review, mate. The White model looks better in pictures than it does in real life. Still, it's stunning, and will be a head turner.

 

I guess we do have the same type of M50 (the newer kind), where the bass level has been attenuated down. I wish AT has kept the bass levels of the older models.

post #29 of 32

I just bought a pair of the ATH-M50wh's. Awesome sounding, but I think I have a weird head shape as these feel uncomfortable. There are pressure points around my ears. 

post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASpec818 View Post

I just bought a pair of the ATH-M50wh's. Awesome sounding, but I think I have a weird head shape as these feel uncomfortable. There are pressure points around my ears. 

Hmm, that is odd, try adjusting the size and how you wear it. Do you wear glasses?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent View Post

Very nice review, mate. The White model looks better in pictures than it does in real life. Still, it's stunning, and will be a head turner.

 

I guess we do have the same type of M50 (the newer kind), where the bass level has been attenuated down. I wish AT has kept the bass levels of the older models.

 

Thanks man ^^. Haha, I didn't edit the pictures no worry :P

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was cause I got used to it, but at first I thought the bass was attenuated down too, but over time it didn't seem that different, I wouldn't be too surprised if it had to  do with the pads. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › A Beautiful Take on Beautiful Sound - A review of the Audio Technica ATH-M50WH