I know it's far from the best, but my files aren't too high quality (120-300 bitrate mp3's) and my budget is really tight. It looks like it is the best option, but I'd just like some feedback before going through with my purchase.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 - 32 Ohmtagged by System, 3/6/13
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/22/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productFiiO E5 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/28/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/22/12
- productSennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphonetagged by System, 6/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- DT770 Pro-80ohm And a Mixamp. Will I be in need for an AMP too? Last post on 6/14/12 at 11:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Please help choose amp + soundcard(possibly dac) for DT770/80! Last post on 12/24/12 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 II OR Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Last post on 12/9/12 at 5:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Brand new Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 OHM !!! Last post on 11/29/12 at 1:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- ATH-Pro700mk2 or Beyer DT770? Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:19am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
Will the Fiio e6 be adequate for DT770 pro 80 ohm? (Very new to this)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/25/12 at 10:06am
I don't have a E6, but I have an E5 and the amps in in both are basically the same (makes sense, similar price, just one is newer). With my DT 770 Pro 80s the E5 doesn't make much of a difference honestly except for the small bass boost I get from turning on bass boost. Other than that, any sound difference is minimal at best and probably more placebo than actual. If you are running your beyers on a high powered device like a Cowon, Iphone 4s, or one of those high powered Android phones, then just save your money honestly, the E6 probably won't do a lot.
I'm not audio expert but those are just from my personal experience since I have a similar setup as you so take it with a grain of salt. I hope that helped :)post #3 of 46/26/12 at 2:50pmThread Starterpost #4 of 46/26/12 at 4:16pmQuote:
Great choice! Hopefully you like yours. The good news is that if you end up with some more disposable cash down the road, they do improve with amplification so you can always add an amp in afterward.
- Will the Fiio e6 be adequate for DT770 pro 80 ohm? (Very new to this)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 6 minutes ago
- › Heroin in small towns 7 minutes ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions & Appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 8 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2