$50 US right there. That seems very suspicious to me.. They're from china too. Maybe there are fakes.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $30? Last post on 12/30/13 at 11:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild? - Page 2post #16 of 266/21/12 at 7:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 266/21/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by regicide
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.
As much as I like value, there's a point where convenience and peace of mind are worth that little bit of extra. As for the warranty exclusion, that's to protect their dealers. Unfortunately that's the wrong solution. For example, the only reason why I thought $200 for a used HD600 and $75 for new pads was good value was because the dealer in my country sells it for around $600; socialists protesting WTO and GATT, or corrupt bureaucrats targeting one-item shipments (even the greenish jewelry an acquaintance left at a friend's house in the US), aren't helping either. If I lived in the US, or if my bank already thought up the "online credit card" for PayPal with extra security, I'd have sent it to my brother and any friend or family member could bring that in inside their luggage (although if I had to think about it being surrounded by somebody else's underwear....), I'd have picked one up from Razordog's eBay.
Although of course, if it's the reverse - you live in the US - that $10 savings isn't worth getting a unit from the dealer in HK or elsewhere. Even Best Buy probably has them for around the same price.post #18 of 266/21/12 at 8:48pmQuote:
I know exactly how you feel, often buying things from the US are 1/2 if not 1/3 the price of buying them locally, and that is including shipping and the possible tax hit at the border if the items are over a certain price.
So I am used to often being out of warranty.post #19 of 266/21/12 at 9:02pmpost #20 of 266/26/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #21 of 266/27/12 at 12:58pmpost #22 of 266/27/12 at 2:02pmThread Starterpost #23 of 266/28/12 at 12:31pm
TBH, I rather like the green. Actually, there's a pair of AKG IEMs that has a lime-to-white gradient, and if I could have a Q460 that looked like that I'd give it some sweet lovin'. But the all-lime would be the next best thing.post #24 of 268/13/12 at 11:21am
I'm a bit curious wether I have a fake pair or not. When it comes to sound, it's great. But the pads are a bit weird. They're loose in a way. I have genuine K450 all ready and they have pads that "sits stil". My Q460s pads slides from side to side. It seems like the plastic circle(?) beneath the leather is loose.
The leather is also a bit softer on the Q460s than the K450, but thats maybe suppose to be like that. Is it possible to de attach the pads for Q460?
I bought the on ebay from this guy.
Edited by Killbox - 8/13/12 at 11:24ampost #25 of 2612/4/12 at 10:50pm
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 seconds ago
- › Source for Yamaha HS7's? 41 seconds ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 5 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth Headphones with the new APT-X HD 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 7 minutes ago
- › She is M1(Esther) ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AD700x vs AD900x 9 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse