$50 US right there. That seems very suspicious to me.. They're from china too. Maybe there are fakes.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get Last post on 11/5/12 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild? - Page 2post #16 of 266/21/12 at 7:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 266/21/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by regicide
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.
As much as I like value, there's a point where convenience and peace of mind are worth that little bit of extra. As for the warranty exclusion, that's to protect their dealers. Unfortunately that's the wrong solution. For example, the only reason why I thought $200 for a used HD600 and $75 for new pads was good value was because the dealer in my country sells it for around $600; socialists protesting WTO and GATT, or corrupt bureaucrats targeting one-item shipments (even the greenish jewelry an acquaintance left at a friend's house in the US), aren't helping either. If I lived in the US, or if my bank already thought up the "online credit card" for PayPal with extra security, I'd have sent it to my brother and any friend or family member could bring that in inside their luggage (although if I had to think about it being surrounded by somebody else's underwear....), I'd have picked one up from Razordog's eBay.
Although of course, if it's the reverse - you live in the US - that $10 savings isn't worth getting a unit from the dealer in HK or elsewhere. Even Best Buy probably has them for around the same price.post #18 of 266/21/12 at 8:48pmQuote:
I know exactly how you feel, often buying things from the US are 1/2 if not 1/3 the price of buying them locally, and that is including shipping and the possible tax hit at the border if the items are over a certain price.
So I am used to often being out of warranty.post #19 of 266/21/12 at 9:02pmpost #20 of 266/26/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #21 of 266/27/12 at 12:58pmpost #22 of 266/27/12 at 2:02pmThread Starterpost #23 of 266/28/12 at 12:31pm
TBH, I rather like the green. Actually, there's a pair of AKG IEMs that has a lime-to-white gradient, and if I could have a Q460 that looked like that I'd give it some sweet lovin'. But the all-lime would be the next best thing.post #24 of 268/13/12 at 11:21am
I'm a bit curious wether I have a fake pair or not. When it comes to sound, it's great. But the pads are a bit weird. They're loose in a way. I have genuine K450 all ready and they have pads that "sits stil". My Q460s pads slides from side to side. It seems like the plastic circle(?) beneath the leather is loose.
The leather is also a bit softer on the Q460s than the K450, but thats maybe suppose to be like that. Is it possible to de attach the pads for Q460?
I bought the on ebay from this guy.
Edited by Killbox - 8/13/12 at 11:24ampost #25 of 2612/4/12 at 10:50pm
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 21 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 45 seconds ago
- › Best recorded albums of all time? 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 318 IEMs compared (Impressions of DN-2000,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 4 minutes ago
- › FS: RSA Protector 5 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)