$50 US right there. That seems very suspicious to me.. They're from china too. Maybe there are fakes.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get Last post on 11/5/12 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild? - Page 2post #16 of 266/21/12 at 7:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 266/21/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by regicide
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.
As much as I like value, there's a point where convenience and peace of mind are worth that little bit of extra. As for the warranty exclusion, that's to protect their dealers. Unfortunately that's the wrong solution. For example, the only reason why I thought $200 for a used HD600 and $75 for new pads was good value was because the dealer in my country sells it for around $600; socialists protesting WTO and GATT, or corrupt bureaucrats targeting one-item shipments (even the greenish jewelry an acquaintance left at a friend's house in the US), aren't helping either. If I lived in the US, or if my bank already thought up the "online credit card" for PayPal with extra security, I'd have sent it to my brother and any friend or family member could bring that in inside their luggage (although if I had to think about it being surrounded by somebody else's underwear....), I'd have picked one up from Razordog's eBay.
Although of course, if it's the reverse - you live in the US - that $10 savings isn't worth getting a unit from the dealer in HK or elsewhere. Even Best Buy probably has them for around the same price.post #18 of 266/21/12 at 8:48pmQuote:
I know exactly how you feel, often buying things from the US are 1/2 if not 1/3 the price of buying them locally, and that is including shipping and the possible tax hit at the border if the items are over a certain price.
So I am used to often being out of warranty.post #19 of 266/21/12 at 9:02pmpost #20 of 266/26/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #21 of 266/27/12 at 12:58pmpost #22 of 266/27/12 at 2:02pmThread Starterpost #23 of 266/28/12 at 12:31pm
TBH, I rather like the green. Actually, there's a pair of AKG IEMs that has a lime-to-white gradient, and if I could have a Q460 that looked like that I'd give it some sweet lovin'. But the all-lime would be the next best thing.post #24 of 268/13/12 at 11:21am
I'm a bit curious wether I have a fake pair or not. When it comes to sound, it's great. But the pads are a bit weird. They're loose in a way. I have genuine K450 all ready and they have pads that "sits stil". My Q460s pads slides from side to side. It seems like the plastic circle(?) beneath the leather is loose.
The leather is also a bit softer on the Q460s than the K450, but thats maybe suppose to be like that. Is it possible to de attach the pads for Q460?
I bought the on ebay from this guy.
Edited by Killbox - 8/13/12 at 11:24ampost #25 of 2612/4/12 at 10:50pm
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Dasetn M760/M1/M3/AP8 earbuds Review/Impressions/Appreciation 14 seconds ago
- › My First Year in Head-fi 16 seconds ago
- › Fiio E07K and...Beyerdynamic DT 770/880/990 250 Ohms or Brainwavz HM5 39 seconds ago
- › O2/ODAC combo with rear power and rear RCA 57 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Closed headphones for metal 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › New headset for listening to metal 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob