$50 US right there. That seems very suspicious to me.. They're from china too. Maybe there are fakes.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $30? Last post on 12/30/13 at 11:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild? - Page 2post #16 of 266/21/12 at 7:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 266/21/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by regicide
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.
As much as I like value, there's a point where convenience and peace of mind are worth that little bit of extra. As for the warranty exclusion, that's to protect their dealers. Unfortunately that's the wrong solution. For example, the only reason why I thought $200 for a used HD600 and $75 for new pads was good value was because the dealer in my country sells it for around $600; socialists protesting WTO and GATT, or corrupt bureaucrats targeting one-item shipments (even the greenish jewelry an acquaintance left at a friend's house in the US), aren't helping either. If I lived in the US, or if my bank already thought up the "online credit card" for PayPal with extra security, I'd have sent it to my brother and any friend or family member could bring that in inside their luggage (although if I had to think about it being surrounded by somebody else's underwear....), I'd have picked one up from Razordog's eBay.
Although of course, if it's the reverse - you live in the US - that $10 savings isn't worth getting a unit from the dealer in HK or elsewhere. Even Best Buy probably has them for around the same price.post #18 of 266/21/12 at 8:48pmQuote:
I know exactly how you feel, often buying things from the US are 1/2 if not 1/3 the price of buying them locally, and that is including shipping and the possible tax hit at the border if the items are over a certain price.
So I am used to often being out of warranty.post #19 of 266/21/12 at 9:02pmpost #20 of 266/26/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #21 of 266/27/12 at 12:58pmpost #22 of 266/27/12 at 2:02pmThread Starterpost #23 of 266/28/12 at 12:31pm
TBH, I rather like the green. Actually, there's a pair of AKG IEMs that has a lime-to-white gradient, and if I could have a Q460 that looked like that I'd give it some sweet lovin'. But the all-lime would be the next best thing.post #24 of 268/13/12 at 11:21am
I'm a bit curious wether I have a fake pair or not. When it comes to sound, it's great. But the pads are a bit weird. They're loose in a way. I have genuine K450 all ready and they have pads that "sits stil". My Q460s pads slides from side to side. It seems like the plastic circle(?) beneath the leather is loose.
The leather is also a bit softer on the Q460s than the K450, but thats maybe suppose to be like that. Is it possible to de attach the pads for Q460?
I bought the on ebay from this guy.
Edited by Killbox - 8/13/12 at 11:24ampost #25 of 2612/4/12 at 10:50pm
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 9 seconds ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 21 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 25 seconds ago
- › APL Denon 3910 with 32bit/ECC99 upgrade - REDUCED! 32 seconds ago
- › Why is my PC's volume so low? 39 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3