$50 US right there. That seems very suspicious to me.. They're from china too. Maybe there are fakes.
- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $30? Last post on 12/30/13 at 11:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild? - Page 2post #16 of 266/21/12 at 7:25pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 266/21/12 at 7:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by regicide
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.
As much as I like value, there's a point where convenience and peace of mind are worth that little bit of extra. As for the warranty exclusion, that's to protect their dealers. Unfortunately that's the wrong solution. For example, the only reason why I thought $200 for a used HD600 and $75 for new pads was good value was because the dealer in my country sells it for around $600; socialists protesting WTO and GATT, or corrupt bureaucrats targeting one-item shipments (even the greenish jewelry an acquaintance left at a friend's house in the US), aren't helping either. If I lived in the US, or if my bank already thought up the "online credit card" for PayPal with extra security, I'd have sent it to my brother and any friend or family member could bring that in inside their luggage (although if I had to think about it being surrounded by somebody else's underwear....), I'd have picked one up from Razordog's eBay.
Although of course, if it's the reverse - you live in the US - that $10 savings isn't worth getting a unit from the dealer in HK or elsewhere. Even Best Buy probably has them for around the same price.post #18 of 266/21/12 at 8:48pmQuote:
I know exactly how you feel, often buying things from the US are 1/2 if not 1/3 the price of buying them locally, and that is including shipping and the possible tax hit at the border if the items are over a certain price.
So I am used to often being out of warranty.post #19 of 266/21/12 at 9:02pmpost #20 of 266/26/12 at 8:32amThread Starterpost #21 of 266/27/12 at 12:58pmpost #22 of 266/27/12 at 2:02pmThread Starterpost #23 of 266/28/12 at 12:31pm
TBH, I rather like the green. Actually, there's a pair of AKG IEMs that has a lime-to-white gradient, and if I could have a Q460 that looked like that I'd give it some sweet lovin'. But the all-lime would be the next best thing.post #24 of 268/13/12 at 11:21am
I'm a bit curious wether I have a fake pair or not. When it comes to sound, it's great. But the pads are a bit weird. They're loose in a way. I have genuine K450 all ready and they have pads that "sits stil". My Q460s pads slides from side to side. It seems like the plastic circle(?) beneath the leather is loose.
The leather is also a bit softer on the Q460s than the K450, but thats maybe suppose to be like that. Is it possible to de attach the pads for Q460?
I bought the on ebay from this guy.
Edited by Killbox - 8/13/12 at 11:24ampost #25 of 2612/4/12 at 10:50pm
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 4 minutes ago
- › Westone W80 6 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 6 minutes ago
- › Pros and Cons of FLAC (problems seeking) 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear