- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $30? Last post on 12/30/13 at 11:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
After deciding that I’d need about $1K to get the sound I was after, I was getting frustrated with the IEM world. After all, I could just buy the OPPO PM3 for $400, call it a day, and deal with the...
Introduction I've been writing many reviews for local audiophile sites of my country so I decided to write one for head-fi too. Subject is Ostry KC06. (a.k.a Giant Slayer) Sources used: LG...
Obravo erib-2a Review April 2016 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sources used: Sony ZX1 Walkman, HP X360 Spectre with MS Win 10 laptop, Tag...
Note: MusicTeck graciously provided the Miracle and Maestro samples for review. Originally published at CYMBACAVUM. Based in New Jersey, MusicTeck is an official distributor for some of the...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?post #1 of 266/17/12 at 1:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 266/17/12 at 4:56pmI bought mine years ago and I think I paid over $100 for them off of amazon. I feel that at about $80 is right. Now whether th ones from china are real or not is another story but I know people who defend their K450/Q460 claim that the ones who have bad sound have fake ones. But that phone is kinda dark. Much like the px100II. It's almost like AKG said this is the hp to beat. So from personal experience it may not fit everyone as I didn't like the px 100II either. Funny I liked the og px100post #3 of 266/18/12 at 5:51amThread Starterpost #4 of 266/18/12 at 6:14ampost #5 of 266/18/12 at 6:36amThread Starterpost #6 of 266/20/12 at 8:01pm
I was told once that all of AKG's headphones are made in Austria. I'm not 100% sure though. And colgatetotal and I have the same opinion about China, just don't risk it. I generally don't trust anything that comes from China. Hope this helps.post #7 of 266/20/12 at 8:21pmQuote:
This must have been a while ago as quite a few AKGs are now made in China - particularly the lower end of their offerings.post #8 of 266/21/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
Be safe, just do not buy anything Name Brand from China/Hong Kong.
I have no problem buying cheap no-name brand stuff from China/Hong Kong.
The AKG Q460 will sometimes go on sale for under $80 here in the USA.post #9 of 266/21/12 at 12:06pm
I would guess AKG low and mid range headphones are made in China.
I believe the K701, K702, Q701, K550 are still made in Austria.post #10 of 266/21/12 at 12:11pm
For $80 plus the shipping, waiting and the risk for counterfeits I don't see the point. They're going for $99 in Fry's; you don't even have to wait for FedEx to bring it to your door if you have one near you.post #11 of 266/21/12 at 12:13pmQuote:
Check prices on the AKG Q460 at Techbargins & Bountii for the best prices.post #12 of 266/21/12 at 1:16pmpost #13 of 266/21/12 at 6:29pm
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.Quote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
$90 @ Amazon and free super saver shipping to boot.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.post #14 of 266/21/12 at 7:08pm
Yeah I find that extremely strange. Surely they must honor warranties for the States and Canada on some level. Maybe those units were originally destined for another area with a different MAP - so they put that in to discourage importation into the US/Canada.
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 3 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › Uncompressed Lossless (WAV) vs Compressed (FLAC / ALAC) - O/T... 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Kon Peki
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse