- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $30? Last post on 12/30/13 at 11:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?post #1 of 266/17/12 at 1:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 266/17/12 at 4:56pmI bought mine years ago and I think I paid over $100 for them off of amazon. I feel that at about $80 is right. Now whether th ones from china are real or not is another story but I know people who defend their K450/Q460 claim that the ones who have bad sound have fake ones. But that phone is kinda dark. Much like the px100II. It's almost like AKG said this is the hp to beat. So from personal experience it may not fit everyone as I didn't like the px 100II either. Funny I liked the og px100post #3 of 266/18/12 at 5:51amThread Starterpost #4 of 266/18/12 at 6:14ampost #5 of 266/18/12 at 6:36amThread Starterpost #6 of 266/20/12 at 8:01pm
I was told once that all of AKG's headphones are made in Austria. I'm not 100% sure though. And colgatetotal and I have the same opinion about China, just don't risk it. I generally don't trust anything that comes from China. Hope this helps.post #7 of 266/20/12 at 8:21pmQuote:
This must have been a while ago as quite a few AKGs are now made in China - particularly the lower end of their offerings.post #8 of 266/21/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
Be safe, just do not buy anything Name Brand from China/Hong Kong.
I have no problem buying cheap no-name brand stuff from China/Hong Kong.
The AKG Q460 will sometimes go on sale for under $80 here in the USA.post #9 of 266/21/12 at 12:06pm
I would guess AKG low and mid range headphones are made in China.
I believe the K701, K702, Q701, K550 are still made in Austria.post #10 of 266/21/12 at 12:11pm
For $80 plus the shipping, waiting and the risk for counterfeits I don't see the point. They're going for $99 in Fry's; you don't even have to wait for FedEx to bring it to your door if you have one near you.post #11 of 266/21/12 at 12:13pmQuote:
Check prices on the AKG Q460 at Techbargins & Bountii for the best prices.post #12 of 266/21/12 at 1:16pmpost #13 of 266/21/12 at 6:29pm
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.Quote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
$90 @ Amazon and free super saver shipping to boot.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.post #14 of 266/21/12 at 7:08pm
Yeah I find that extremely strange. Surely they must honor warranties for the States and Canada on some level. Maybe those units were originally destined for another area with a different MAP - so they put that in to discourage importation into the US/Canada.
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Discussion on MEE P1 and Burn In 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 8 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 9 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 10 minutes ago
- › Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 14 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...