- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get Last post on 11/5/12 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?post #1 of 266/17/12 at 1:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 266/17/12 at 4:56pmI bought mine years ago and I think I paid over $100 for them off of amazon. I feel that at about $80 is right. Now whether th ones from china are real or not is another story but I know people who defend their K450/Q460 claim that the ones who have bad sound have fake ones. But that phone is kinda dark. Much like the px100II. It's almost like AKG said this is the hp to beat. So from personal experience it may not fit everyone as I didn't like the px 100II either. Funny I liked the og px100post #3 of 266/18/12 at 5:51amThread Starterpost #4 of 266/18/12 at 6:14ampost #5 of 266/18/12 at 6:36amThread Starterpost #6 of 266/20/12 at 8:01pm
I was told once that all of AKG's headphones are made in Austria. I'm not 100% sure though. And colgatetotal and I have the same opinion about China, just don't risk it. I generally don't trust anything that comes from China. Hope this helps.post #7 of 266/20/12 at 8:21pmpost #8 of 266/21/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
Be safe, just do not buy anything Name Brand from China/Hong Kong.
I have no problem buying cheap no-name brand stuff from China/Hong Kong.
The AKG Q460 will sometimes go on sale for under $80 here in the USA.post #9 of 266/21/12 at 12:06pm
I would guess AKG low and mid range headphones are made in China.
I believe the K701, K702, Q701, K550 are still made in Austria.post #10 of 266/21/12 at 12:11pm
For $80 plus the shipping, waiting and the risk for counterfeits I don't see the point. They're going for $99 in Fry's; you don't even have to wait for FedEx to bring it to your door if you have one near you.post #11 of 266/21/12 at 12:13pmQuote:
Check prices on the AKG Q460 at Techbargins & Bountii for the best prices.post #12 of 266/21/12 at 1:16pmpost #13 of 266/21/12 at 6:29pm
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.Quote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
$90 @ Amazon and free super saver shipping to boot.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.post #14 of 266/21/12 at 7:08pm
Yeah I find that extremely strange. Surely they must honor warranties for the States and Canada on some level. Maybe those units were originally destined for another area with a different MAP - so they put that in to discourage importation into the US/Canada.
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 57 seconds ago
- › [Updated] Consolidation Sale 3.0 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 3 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 5 minutes ago
- › DAC help. 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)