- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones under $30? Last post on 12/30/13 at 11:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?post #1 of 266/17/12 at 1:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 266/17/12 at 4:56pmI bought mine years ago and I think I paid over $100 for them off of amazon. I feel that at about $80 is right. Now whether th ones from china are real or not is another story but I know people who defend their K450/Q460 claim that the ones who have bad sound have fake ones. But that phone is kinda dark. Much like the px100II. It's almost like AKG said this is the hp to beat. So from personal experience it may not fit everyone as I didn't like the px 100II either. Funny I liked the og px100post #3 of 266/18/12 at 5:51amThread Starterpost #4 of 266/18/12 at 6:14ampost #5 of 266/18/12 at 6:36amThread Starterpost #6 of 266/20/12 at 8:01pm
I was told once that all of AKG's headphones are made in Austria. I'm not 100% sure though. And colgatetotal and I have the same opinion about China, just don't risk it. I generally don't trust anything that comes from China. Hope this helps.post #7 of 266/20/12 at 8:21pmQuote:
This must have been a while ago as quite a few AKGs are now made in China - particularly the lower end of their offerings.post #8 of 266/21/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
Be safe, just do not buy anything Name Brand from China/Hong Kong.
I have no problem buying cheap no-name brand stuff from China/Hong Kong.
The AKG Q460 will sometimes go on sale for under $80 here in the USA.post #9 of 266/21/12 at 12:06pm
I would guess AKG low and mid range headphones are made in China.
I believe the K701, K702, Q701, K550 are still made in Austria.post #10 of 266/21/12 at 12:11pm
For $80 plus the shipping, waiting and the risk for counterfeits I don't see the point. They're going for $99 in Fry's; you don't even have to wait for FedEx to bring it to your door if you have one near you.post #11 of 266/21/12 at 12:13pmQuote:
Check prices on the AKG Q460 at Techbargins & Bountii for the best prices.post #12 of 266/21/12 at 1:16pmpost #13 of 266/21/12 at 6:29pm
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.Quote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
$90 @ Amazon and free super saver shipping to boot.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.post #14 of 266/21/12 at 7:08pm
Yeah I find that extremely strange. Surely they must honor warranties for the States and Canada on some level. Maybe those units were originally destined for another area with a different MAP - so they put that in to discourage importation into the US/Canada.
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 25 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Nordost Heimdall headphone cable 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 2 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Portable Tube / Class A Amp $750 or less 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 4 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound loaner program for Kenzie and Mogwai 4 minutes ago
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear