- productAKG Q460 Mini On Ear Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productKoss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open )tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/17/12 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- need to choose between a few headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need bassy headphones Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I need help finding headphones for two different ends of the spectrum Last post on 11/10/12 at 11:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone to get Last post on 11/5/12 at 8:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?post #1 of 266/17/12 at 1:43pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 266/17/12 at 4:56pmI bought mine years ago and I think I paid over $100 for them off of amazon. I feel that at about $80 is right. Now whether th ones from china are real or not is another story but I know people who defend their K450/Q460 claim that the ones who have bad sound have fake ones. But that phone is kinda dark. Much like the px100II. It's almost like AKG said this is the hp to beat. So from personal experience it may not fit everyone as I didn't like the px 100II either. Funny I liked the og px100post #3 of 266/18/12 at 5:51amThread Starterpost #4 of 266/18/12 at 6:14ampost #5 of 266/18/12 at 6:36amThread Starterpost #6 of 266/20/12 at 8:01pm
I was told once that all of AKG's headphones are made in Austria. I'm not 100% sure though. And colgatetotal and I have the same opinion about China, just don't risk it. I generally don't trust anything that comes from China. Hope this helps.post #7 of 266/20/12 at 8:21pmpost #8 of 266/21/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
Be safe, just do not buy anything Name Brand from China/Hong Kong.
I have no problem buying cheap no-name brand stuff from China/Hong Kong.
The AKG Q460 will sometimes go on sale for under $80 here in the USA.post #9 of 266/21/12 at 12:06pm
I would guess AKG low and mid range headphones are made in China.
I believe the K701, K702, Q701, K550 are still made in Austria.post #10 of 266/21/12 at 12:11pm
For $80 plus the shipping, waiting and the risk for counterfeits I don't see the point. They're going for $99 in Fry's; you don't even have to wait for FedEx to bring it to your door if you have one near you.post #11 of 266/21/12 at 12:13pmQuote:
Check prices on the AKG Q460 at Techbargins & Bountii for the best prices.post #12 of 266/21/12 at 1:16pmpost #13 of 266/21/12 at 6:29pm
Sound advice (excuse the pun), $10 is a small price to pay for peace of mind.Quote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
$90 @ Amazon and free super saver shipping to boot.
is a little off putting.. although buying them from china would be no better.post #14 of 266/21/12 at 7:08pm
Yeah I find that extremely strange. Surely they must honor warranties for the States and Canada on some level. Maybe those units were originally destined for another area with a different MAP - so they put that in to discourage importation into the US/Canada.
- Are there FAKE AKG Q460 in the wild?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › Don't buy any FiiO product from SainStore on Amazon and how to... 1 minute ago
- › worst date stories 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Soldering my marshall cans jack. 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)