Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Flat IEMs or portable headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Flat IEMs or portable headphones?

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Anyone know of any IEMs or portable headphones with a reasonably Flat signature?

 

Much appreciated.

post #2 of 10

Professional Grade, Etymotic ER-4 series are very flat...

 

They are so flat, How flat are they? Oh, Sorry, This is a family forum.

 

They are Flat.

 

Jim

post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 

Really? interesting.

 

I also have the impedance cable that turns them into a ER-4S so maybe worth a look.

post #4 of 10

FitEar TG334 seem to be fairly flat.
 

post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by onizukajp View Post

FitEar TG334 seem to be fairly flat.
 

Thank you.

post #6 of 10

RE0

post #7 of 10

The R-50 is very balanced with no frequency dominating another.  Other than that the HF5 and PFE 112 come to mind and also the EPH-100 though I wouldn't call them flat but more balanced.

post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

The R-50 is very balanced with no frequency dominating another.  Other than that the HF5 and PFE 112 come to mind and also the EPH-100 though I wouldn't call them flat but more balanced.

Can you post up the R-50 freq chart?

Thanks, Jim
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post


Can you post up the R-50 freq chart?
Thanks, Jim

 

 

I don't know where to get a frequency chart but the response is 20Hz to 20kHz and the impedance is 31ohm at 1kHz.  

 

Hope that helped.

post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Kid View Post

 

 

I don't know where to get a frequency chart but the response is 20Hz to 20kHz and the impedance is 31ohm at 1kHz.  

 

Hope that helped.

Not Really...

 

Those are just zombie specs that all manus use, and hope we are happy with.

 

If they (R-50) or any other headphone is Sooooo Good. Why don't they give you/us a freq measurement?

 

They count on our misunderstanding/thinking that those things really don't matter. BUT, They matter to me. I wanna see em.

 

Thanks anyway, Jim

 

PS This is not a dig on you per-say, but on the general membership, which allow the manus to do this crap to us.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Flat IEMs or portable headphones?