Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earphones with punchy bass which won't fall off your ears no matter what you do ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Earphones with punchy bass which won't fall off your ears no matter what you do ?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

I want earphones which will never fall off your ears no matter whatever you do, but at the same time provide amazing sound quality and punchy bass trance/techno sound tracks.

The Sony MDR-AS20J are the ones I currently use for workout and they will never fall off your ears. Even if you were on a roller coaster, running neck-to-neck with Usain bolt (Fastest 100m sprinter), in a space shuttle during launch. The problem is that they lack bass severely :(.
38545822231000p01011.jpg

 

 

I want something with the same sound signature the Panasonic HTF600 produces

4188nryspfL.jpg


Edited by BLL00 - 6/16/12 at 2:54pm
post #2 of 8

The Meelec M-6's have good kick, and they don't come out for ANYTHING! I have custom tips for mine (I had them made for my EX1000's but they got the angle wrong, work great with M6's though!) I personally use Koss KDX100's for my bass needs (OH YEAH), but when your ears get oily they break seal and the bass is diminished, so I bought custom tips for them (yes, I dropped $120 on tips for $30 earphones)

post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBrat View Post

The Meelec M-6's have good kick, and they don't come out for ANYTHING! I have custom tips for mine (I had them made for my EX1000's but they got the angle wrong, work great with M6's though!) I personally use Koss KDX100's for my bass needs (OH YEAH), but when your ears get oily they break seal and the bass is diminished, so I bought custom tips for them (yes, I dropped $120 on tips for $30 earphones)

Which would you recommend for tracks such as this. I'd like the bass to be as deep as the bottom of the ocean during my workout haha..

 

post #4 of 8
Etymotic ER-4 with a Comply Foam tip gives a grip that will not be broken, short of someone yanking on the cords.

Secondly, with a proper seal, you will hear music as the sound engineer intended.

If you want some colored flowery sound, EQ em, or buy something else.

Good Luck, Jim
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post

Etymotic ER-4 with a Comply Foam tip gives a grip that will not be broken, short of someone yanking on the cords.
Secondly, with a proper seal, you will hear music as the sound engineer intended.
If you want some colored flowery sound, EQ em, or buy something else.
Good Luck, Jim


Sub bass from ER-4's? No. I LOVE my ER-4's but not for their bass.

post #6 of 8

Listening to your test track with my Walkman X (its internet isn't too useful, but youtube is one place is does OK in) The KDX-100's might be what you are looking for (if you can find them : (  ), try them with the foam tips. I love mine so much I had custom tips made just for them (as I mentioned)

 

 

Actually for testing sub bass, I prefer this song;

Or this one;


Edited by BattleBrat - 6/16/12 at 6:13pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBrat View Post


Sub bass from ER-4's? No. I LOVE my ER-4's but not for their bass.

 

You may not, But I most certainly do.

 

Example, I was just listening to AC/DC "For those about to rock" off of their Live Album, and was startled by the cannons at about 4:20 into it.

 

I could give more examples. But, Alas sometimes people just don't get it.

 

All I can say is go deeper.

 

LOLz, Jim

post #8 of 8

Try the $8 JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with earhooks. The Sony earbuds with earhooks I tried(I forgot the model number) really sucked.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Earphones with punchy bass which won't fall off your ears no matter what you do ?