Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best all rounders
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best all rounders

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

I want some good all rounders to pair with Grado RS2i... But I don't know which ones...

 

Options:

 

HD598

AKG K701

Denon D2000

Shure SRH940

DT880

 

And, do I even need a 2nd headphone or will the Grado's handle all genres nice? (I haven't bought them)

 

Any of these will be used with PA2V2 and TubeMagic D1

post #2 of 15

I'd upgrade directly to the hd600, if you want to go with the sennheiser road.
Better bass (from usual consensus), and what's matter even more to me, better built quality.
 

post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

I want some good all rounders to pair with Grado RS2i... But I don't know which ones...

 

Options:

 

HD598

AKG K701

Denon D2000

Shure SRH940

DT880

 

And, do I even need a 2nd headphone or will the Grado's handle all genres nice? (I haven't bought them)

 

Any of these will be used with PA2V2 and TubeMagic D1

 

Heya,

 

Based on your source material:

 

Denon D2000

Beyer DT880

AKG Q701

AKG K550

AudioTechnica A900X

Beyer DT770

Brainwavz HM5 (or FA-003)

Shure SRH840

 

Very best,

post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Please check my other threads and tell me what's the best I can get!! I need something for rock.
My budget is around $500
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

Please check my other threads and tell me what's the best I can get!! I need something for rock.
My budget is around $500

 

Heya,

 

Hifiman HE-400

Denon D5000

 

Both are great on your current equipment.

 

Very best,

post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

Please check my other threads and tell me what's the best I can get!! I need something for rock.
My budget is around $500

thats a bit cheeky, you wont look or read reviews on products and look for yourself first, but you expect us to dig up your posts? Nope

post #7 of 15

2nd on the HD-600, I own a pair and they are great all around'ers... but they are becoming a bit rare since they are discontinued now. 

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 054k4 View Post

2nd on the HD-600, I own a pair and they are great all around'ers... but they are becoming a bit rare since they are discontinued now. 

when did the hd 600 become rare ? 

post #9 of 15
The HD600s are most certainly not discontinued. For a brief period, Amazon.com had exclusive rights to sell them, but now there are many authorized sellers of the HD600s.
Edited by hodgjy - 6/16/12 at 9:21pm
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

The HD600s are most certainly not discontinued. For a brief period, Amazon.com had exclusive rights to sell them, but now there are many authorized sellers of the HD600s.

Hmm, when I spoke to my audio dealer, (who is an senn authorized), they said that they are no longer carrying the 600, strange... my mistake. 

post #11 of 15
Sennheiser HD 600, Kenwood KH-K1000, or the usual Denon suspects. They do lots right.
post #12 of 15

+1 for the HD600 (nice and neutral). The other cans just wouldn't do rock justice IMO, as they have more specific timbres that I would not call 'all-round'.


My RS2i pairs up nicely with myy vintage AKG K141, which is a fairly neutral all-rounder with lush mids. 

post #13 of 15

Of those I have heard, the D5000 is a very good choice to complement your Grados.

post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG Jag View Post

Of those I have heard, the D5000 is a very good choice to complement your Grados.

 

Does anyone else think that the D5000 has more piercing treble than the RS2i? Or are my ears just weird....

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post

 

Does anyone else think that the D5000 has more piercing treble than the RS2i? Or are my ears just weird....


They are to me.  The Grado "wins" that one hands down.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best all rounders