Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphone for around $300
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphone for around $300 - Page 2

post #16 of 24
slightly bassy with good performance on guitars = grado hf2 sounds about right, but it's more expensive smily_headphones1.gif

denon d2k - bleargh! (-1) that's all I have to say
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post

slightly bassy with good performance on guitars = grado hf2 sounds about right, but it's more expensive smily_headphones1.gif
denon d2k - bleargh! (-1) that's all I have to say


First time I ever heard Grado = Bassy (in any way), and D2000 "bleargh".  As confucius once say, man who live in closet should stay in closet.

post #18 of 24
Translating, the HF2 is a little bassier than neutral but has good speed and definition (and a slight midbass hump) while the denon bass quality sucks. As in Grados go boommm and Denons go bleargh. smily_headphones1.gif

Also, the best headphone around 300 is still the good old HD600.
Edited by eugenius - 6/24/12 at 8:20am
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post

Translating, the HF2 is a little bassier than neutral but has good speed and definition (and a slight midbass hump) while the denon bass quality sucks. As in Grados go boommm and Denons go bleargh. smily_headphones1.gif
Also, the best headphone around 300 is still the good old HD600.

This is always relative to some kind of preference, isen´t it?

post #20 of 24
No, my opinion is the only one that matters. smily_headphones1.gif
post #21 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post

No, my opinion is the only one that matters. smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, sorry, I didn't know! In that case your most certainly right wink_face.gif

post #22 of 24
Then it's settled, whatever I said, I said it myself. smily_headphones1.gif
post #23 of 24

Phew, how I do love *to avoid* a nice confrontation. If I dare, I would still recommend that the TS audition the D2000, cause I really do believe they do suite his requirements. I just got the Focal Spirit One today as well, and they are also a very decent performer that is worth a listening. Nice tight bass, maybe not just as low as the D2000, and clear in the top. If isolation is important for you the Focal is way better than Denon btw. A keeper for me. 

post #24 of 24
Thread Starter 

*UPDATE*

Finally I bought DENON AH-D600, thanks for everyone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphone for around $300