Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Ultimate Ears 700 - A Controlled TWFK
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] Ultimate Ears 700 - A Controlled TWFK - Page 2

post #16 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I preferred my brief listen to these over the dba mk1 that I owned.
They are surprisingly different. These are bassier and smoother on the top end. DBA is drenched in detail and clarity but can be too much on the top end. I can see why you like the UEs more but I kept my DBA over these!
post #17 of 31

Almost to a fault in terms of it's smoothing but the better trade off for me.

post #18 of 31
Thread Starter 
I can agree with that, technically I put the DBA a bit ahead if you look at my round up but I actually would reccomend this more, mainstream sig in comparison etc. I think this is a great IEM that has always been over looked by the last version which was worse and had awful build.
post #19 of 31

I ve owned this pair for a few months till i sold them due to the source connector problem, though stereo will replace it for me once there is anything happening to the connector, I do not really enjoy running around for a pair of IEMs. 

anyway, the sound of UE700 is awesome, it is really clear and just so comfortable for you to pick up and enjoy. Obviously UE700 is not designed for bass lover (cannot really understand why some

ads mentioned about its fantastic bass) , it s more suitable for those who wants to enjoy clear sound at a reasonable price. 

post #20 of 31
How is it compared to TDK ba200?
post #21 of 31
Thread Starter 

They have better clarity than the TDK but less magic, the TDK are smoother better bass, nicer presentation and awesome mids. The TDK are better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhoU View Post

ads mentioned about its fantastic bass) 

It does have a bass boost, that is why.

post #22 of 31

Swim, I've been using these for 18mths and have loved the clarity, separation and sparkle.  Awesome for comfort and travel with the form factor too.  But I had the pre-logitech version and the cable is falling apart (jack, y-split all points).

 

I'm keen to step it up a notch, with just that bit more fun/bottom end than the UE700 - natural thought has been UE900, but obviously swayed by Heir 4.Ai.  Damn Phonak 232 and W4R still in the damn mix too! But only so much net reviewing/head-fi-ing a man can do.....Is there really a league of difference from the UE700 on those contenders to spend the extra $200 or so?  Good thing is I'll get a replaceable cable for longevity!

 

I do like some good isolation too, but want to stay universal.  any thoughts on your vote much appreciated mate!  

post #23 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by munrodevil View Post

Swim, I've been using these for 18mths and have loved the clarity, separation and sparkle.  Awesome for comfort and travel with the form factor too.  But I had the pre-logitech version and the cable is falling apart (jack, y-split all points).

 

I'm keen to step it up a notch, with just that bit more fun/bottom end than the UE700 - natural thought has been UE900, but obviously swayed by Heir 4.Ai.  Damn Phonak 232 and W4R still in the damn mix too! But only so much net reviewing/head-fi-ing a man can do.....Is there really a league of difference from the UE700 on those contenders to spend the extra $200 or so?  Good thing is I'll get a replaceable cable for longevity!

 

I do like some good isolation too, but want to stay universal.  any thoughts on your vote much appreciated mate!  

Hey,

 

I would go for the Heir 4.Ai, it is the obvious upgrade of all those mentioned and you will also notice it. The build quality is awesome and of course it has removable cables and people have been saying very nice things about the effects of cheap upgrade cables. Sound is better an you will be happy with the upgrade i am sure, the terms you used that i have bolded will be redefined with the 4.Ai.

 

Now i will also say that the 232 is not to be taken lightly giving more bass than the 4.Ai with awesome extension, like a dynamic driver with great rumble yet it stil has great clarity and detail. It does take a little dip in the lower mids and is a V shape in comparison to the Heirs slightly warm just above neutral signature like the UE700 has. W4R is said to be worse than the Heir and i can tell you now that my Heir sits above the UE900 just for things like speed, detail and being more natural with a tighter bass and brighter highs.

post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

 

Now i will also say that the 232 is not to be taken lightly...

 

Thanks for the thoughts mate, seems to me like the 232 will be that just bit more fun and warm than the 4.ai, but still with definite trump cards on clarity and detail over my current UE700s.  About the same price too at the moment, 232 actually a bit cheaper delivered with black friday special.

 

decision time!

post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 

Yeh! You will be happy with either to be honest and it is now up to you! Good luck!

post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimsonny View Post

Yeh! You will be happy with either to be honest and it is now up to you! Good luck!

Sonny, have you tried the Aurvana 3 from Creative? , ue 700 or creative, since price point is the same atm :)

post #27 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambueno View Post

Sonny, have you tried the Aurvana 3 from Creative? , ue 700 or creative, since price point is the same atm :)

I have not sorry but i would go the safe route and get a 700!

post #28 of 31

Hi, 

 

I am really tempted to buy the UE700 that I can find at 90€ in amazon.de.

 

The only thing bothering me is the durability of these. Can you confirm that the newest version is more reliable ? 

Is strain relief really a problem for the jack or the earpieces ? Is there any special to do to take care of these ( tape around the jack or something) ? 

 

Thanks.

post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn Adama View Post

Hi, 

 

I am really tempted to buy the UE700 that I can find at 90€ in amazon.de.

 

The only thing bothering me is the durability of these. Can you confirm that the newest version is more reliable ? 

Is strain relief really a problem for the jack or the earpieces ? Is there any special to do to take care of these ( tape around the jack or something) ? 

 

Thanks.

 

I haven't tried the old version, but you can visually see the cable and connector in my video review

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvo-BurV0AM

 

I go over the durability briefly.  I would say that these aren't the most durable of the IEMs I've tried, however if you are careful with them they will probably hold up well.  I always thought perhaps you could wrap duct tape around the mini connector and cable to add some stress relief.  You may not need to though.  I personally wouldn't want to sleep with these.  Not that I would want to fall asleep with any of them and have them yanked on, but I have done it with a few different IEMs with no problem.  I'd be a little more cautious with these.

 

Anyhow, if the price is right, I think these are worth it.  Just take care of them the best you can.

post #30 of 31
Thread Starter 

getting it recabled is a good option. BTG audio will make it have removable cables like UE900!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] Ultimate Ears 700 - A Controlled TWFK