I'm listening to ie8s at the moment (just got them) and they sound better than the Klipsch IMO. The soundstage and bass are two big factors for the Senns.
- productCocktail Audio X10tagged by System, 2/28/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 6/16/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 6/16/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 6/16/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 6/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me understand what I'm hearing - X10 vs TF10 Last post on 6/12/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215? - Page 2
Poll Results: Which IEM for better mids and bass?
30 Total Votespost #16 of 1811/6/12 at 12:28am
60% (18)Sennheiser IE80
16% (5)Shure 215
23% (7)Klipsch X10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1811/6/12 at 1:06am
The ie8`s will have the best sound and are oftern compared to the likes of the more upper echelon of iem`s per say the shure se425`s or the westone 3`s. i have listened to all three and can confirm that the ie8`s offer the best sound but the x10`s the best comfort and isolation as well as much more flexibility with tips. I enjoy the fun presentation of the x10`s the most however the build quality let me down after around 5 months of use which is unacceptable for a $400 set of iem`s (i only paid $85 though). the shures come in dead last, they are decent entry level but cannot compete with the highly tuned ie8`s or x10`s.post #18 of 1811/6/12 at 1:47am
IE8 (extrapolated from IE80) has more subbass than the X10, and much better mid and highs as well. The downside is poor isolation and difficult time fitting. After reading more and more reports about the X10 I've reached the conclusion that my pair wasn't just an isolated case (which is really a shame) - the strain reliefs will start to split after a few months and for this reason I cannot honestly recommend it at the moment.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 11 minutes ago
- › Help needed for positional audio, headphones & microphone / Headset 11 minutes ago
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2