I'm listening to ie8s at the moment (just got them) and they sound better than the Klipsch IMO. The soundstage and bass are two big factors for the Senns.
- productCocktail Audio X10tagged by System, 2/28/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 6/16/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 6/16/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 6/16/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 6/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me understand what I'm hearing - X10 vs TF10 Last post on 6/12/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Part 1 - TORTURE TEST So, have you ever heard the noise from an old laptop's hard drive spinning-up, or the electronic "chirp" of your mouse cursor moving across your screen during music...
FiiO EM3Comfort is King DisclaimerThe EM3 was a review unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to record my thoughts and impressions on how I found the...
I have had this amp now for about 6 months, and I very much enjoy the sound. I didn't even bother with the stock tubes, they got tossed in favor of a matched pair of GE 5657's, and I have a pair of...
Rhapsodio Solar Note: The custom in-ear in this review was provided at a discounted rate. Rhapsodio is an up and coming manufacturer of both custom in-ears and custom-like universals....
The sound signature on these can be described as almost "Grado"esque. They have a mid/high forward sound that makes them great for guitar rock. They don't have the harsh treble that is...
Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215? - Page 2
Poll Results: Which IEM for better mids and bass?
33 Total Votespost #16 of 1811/6/12 at 12:28am
60% (20)Sennheiser IE80
18% (6)Shure 215
21% (7)Klipsch X10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1811/6/12 at 1:06am
The ie8`s will have the best sound and are oftern compared to the likes of the more upper echelon of iem`s per say the shure se425`s or the westone 3`s. i have listened to all three and can confirm that the ie8`s offer the best sound but the x10`s the best comfort and isolation as well as much more flexibility with tips. I enjoy the fun presentation of the x10`s the most however the build quality let me down after around 5 months of use which is unacceptable for a $400 set of iem`s (i only paid $85 though). the shures come in dead last, they are decent entry level but cannot compete with the highly tuned ie8`s or x10`s.post #18 of 1811/6/12 at 1:47am
IE8 (extrapolated from IE80) has more subbass than the X10, and much better mid and highs as well. The downside is poor isolation and difficult time fitting. After reading more and more reports about the X10 I've reached the conclusion that my pair wasn't just an isolated case (which is really a shame) - the strain reliefs will start to split after a few months and for this reason I cannot honestly recommend it at the moment.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Wireless headphones/hearphones - what to do? 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 2 minutes ago
- › Is there such thing as a streaming dap? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Official 2016 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 16, 2016, Wikia HQ 9 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 9 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 9 minutes ago
- › iFi iPurifier 2 by knorris908
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by RedJohn456
- › Little Dot I+ by Shasari
- › Rhapsodio Solar by shotgunshane
- › Superlux HD-660 by Wiljen
- › ACS T1 by Docjitters
- › QKZ W1 Pro - In-ear sport headphone by B9Scrambler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mechgamer123
- › Dunu TITAN 5 by mark2410
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse