I'm listening to ie8s at the moment (just got them) and they sound better than the Klipsch IMO. The soundstage and bass are two big factors for the Senns.
- productCocktail Audio X10tagged by System, 2/28/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 6/16/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 6/16/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 6/16/12
- productYamaha EPH-M100 High-Performance Earphonestagged by System, 6/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me understand what I'm hearing - X10 vs TF10 Last post on 6/12/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
When I was a child in the '80s, one of my neighbour's kids, a gloriously goofy-looking guy of the era, was always out on his driveway fixing his motorbikes, then later, his car, a vintage Ford V8....
"In a cold world of flagships, the LCD-4 gives me the warmth I have been asking for." -Probably someone...
This review is for someone looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones after using over-ear phones; that's the situation where I am coming from at least, as I have been using Sennheiser's HD598...
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215? - Page 2
Poll Results: Which IEM for better mids and bass?
33 Total Votespost #16 of 1811/6/12 at 12:28am
60% (20)Sennheiser IE80
18% (6)Shure 215
21% (7)Klipsch X10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1811/6/12 at 1:06am
The ie8`s will have the best sound and are oftern compared to the likes of the more upper echelon of iem`s per say the shure se425`s or the westone 3`s. i have listened to all three and can confirm that the ie8`s offer the best sound but the x10`s the best comfort and isolation as well as much more flexibility with tips. I enjoy the fun presentation of the x10`s the most however the build quality let me down after around 5 months of use which is unacceptable for a $400 set of iem`s (i only paid $85 though). the shures come in dead last, they are decent entry level but cannot compete with the highly tuned ie8`s or x10`s.post #18 of 1811/6/12 at 1:47am
IE8 (extrapolated from IE80) has more subbass than the X10, and much better mid and highs as well. The downside is poor isolation and difficult time fitting. After reading more and more reports about the X10 I've reached the conclusion that my pair wasn't just an isolated case (which is really a shame) - the strain reliefs will start to split after a few months and for this reason I cannot honestly recommend it at the moment.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 1 second ago
- › Portable setup to drive the T1 Gen 2 8 seconds ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 2 minutes ago
- › Question about the Sony MDR-R10/CD3000 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Most POWERFUL DAC/Amp all-in-one? 6 minutes ago
- › Xonar Essence One Muses Edition 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › Chord DAVE by Currawong
- › Audeze LCD-4 by Dillan
- › Sennheiser IE80 by AnssiRai
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...