I'm listening to ie8s at the moment (just got them) and they sound better than the Klipsch IMO. The soundstage and bass are two big factors for the Senns.
- productCocktail Audio X10tagged by System, 2/28/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/16/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/16/12
- productKlipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphonetagged by System, 6/16/12
- productSennheiser IE80tagged by System, 6/16/12
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 6/16/12
- productYamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me understand what I'm hearing - X10 vs TF10 Last post on 6/12/12 at 11:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [POLL] Need help deciding on a pair of Mid Range IEMS [100-200 Dollars] Last post on 12/8/12 at 5:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07, Rockit R50, Shure Se215 or Yamaha EPH-100 Last post on 9/6/12 at 6:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215? - Page 2
Poll Results: Which IEM for better mids and bass?
28 Total Votespost #16 of 1811/6/12 at 12:28am
60% (17)Sennheiser IE80
14% (4)Shure 215
25% (7)Klipsch X10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1811/6/12 at 1:06am
The ie8`s will have the best sound and are oftern compared to the likes of the more upper echelon of iem`s per say the shure se425`s or the westone 3`s. i have listened to all three and can confirm that the ie8`s offer the best sound but the x10`s the best comfort and isolation as well as much more flexibility with tips. I enjoy the fun presentation of the x10`s the most however the build quality let me down after around 5 months of use which is unacceptable for a $400 set of iem`s (i only paid $85 though). the shures come in dead last, they are decent entry level but cannot compete with the highly tuned ie8`s or x10`s.post #18 of 1811/6/12 at 1:47am
IE8 (extrapolated from IE80) has more subbass than the X10, and much better mid and highs as well. The downside is poor isolation and difficult time fitting. After reading more and more reports about the X10 I've reached the conclusion that my pair wasn't just an isolated case (which is really a shame) - the strain reliefs will start to split after a few months and for this reason I cannot honestly recommend it at the moment.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Klipsch X10, IE80 or Shure 215?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pro-Ject + Schiit + Sennheiser 40 seconds ago
- › Show us your Sony ES collection. 53 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: The Stunning McIntosh D100 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 2 minutes ago
- › Help finding the right cans for people with Tinnitus 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 8 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 10 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 11 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)