Mind to tell why you don't prefer fa003?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 6/19/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productFischer Audio FA-003tagged by System, 6/19/12
- productGoldring DR150 High Fidelity Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/19/12
- productHippo Boxtagged by System, 6/19/12
- productHippo Cricri Amp and Dactagged by System, 6/19/12
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 6/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Full-size headphones for home use for about 200$ Last post on 7/29/12 at 10:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for a pair of headphones suitable for gaming on a budget (details inside) Last post on 8/19/12 at 1:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help choosing (fairly) cheap on ear headphones Last post on 3/25/13 at 1:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Entry level Headphone Last post on 7/14/12 at 10:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- College student confused about headphone choices Last post on 7/6/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Goldring Dr150 + Hippo Cricri amp or Sennheiser HD558 + Hippo box amp - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 276/25/12 at 7:48amThread Starter
well i felt the mids and treble sounded very wierd from what im used to, the pads were squeezeing my head rather hard too, so it wasn't comfy. but mostly, i felt the soundstage on the HD558 was a lot wider, so i liked it betterpost #18 of 276/25/12 at 8:51pmpost #19 of 276/25/12 at 10:57pmThread Starter
that would be the Shure srh940, its soundstage and comfort is amazing too, detail is better than HD558, but less bass then the HD558, but treble is so high i find it almost biting to my earspost #20 of 276/25/12 at 11:45pmpost #21 of 276/26/12 at 1:05amThread Starter
should be similar i feel, maybe just very slightly less wide.
edit: owh by the way, its SRH940, not HD940. HD is for Sennheiser headphones
Edited by streetdragon - 6/26/12 at 1:12ampost #22 of 276/26/12 at 3:44ampost #23 of 276/26/12 at 4:39amThread Starter
well i guess this would mean dark and soft sounding headphones, umm... not sure... maybe try asking this thread, im sure they can help you better than just my limited opinions alone
http://www.head-fi.org/t/593365/the-soundstage-head-club/45post #24 of 276/26/12 at 6:15ampost #25 of 276/30/12 at 10:12am
Hi guys im new here... Im from malaysia too and the prices here are amazingly high compared to US. on that web site you shared, i managed to find the DR150 in a bundle for MYR 519 (164 USD) bundle consisted of the headphones, the CiriCiri amp, and a pair of crossroad iems. I still really want to get my beyer dt1350 though (bundled at Rm1299 (409 USD)- with the ciriciri or phonak 012 or Goldring DR150) and do need an iem to replace my current one which are dying.. some advice? my maximum budget is Rm1500.post #26 of 276/30/12 at 10:39amThread Starter
having an iem and the bayer dt1350 are your 2 most importaint points i feel? i suggest you get the beyer set, get the free amp and buy another iem that you like that is under rm200, sounds good?post #27 of 276/30/12 at 10:45amThread Starter
- Goldring Dr150 + Hippo Cricri amp or Sennheiser HD558 + Hippo box amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 21 seconds ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 31 seconds ago
- › The decline of fist fights 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Internal Sound Chord Mojo 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...