hi all. trying to narrow this down. seen good reviews for all of the above. theres the price difference with the fiio e17 being cheaper. willing to go with that if the others arent noticeably better. thanks in advance.
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 6/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/20/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can I ask for a "list" of amps in the $200-$300 range? Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HifiMan HE-400 vs DAC Last post on 10/10/12 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Plans Last post on 10/6/12 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado vs Sennheiser vs AudioTechnica Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
- Headphone Impedance
for hifiman he-400: e17, mstage, or lyr?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The lyr is not the best choice here IMO. I'm using the Asgard and it pairs well with the he400. I have also owned the e17 and it would be a good pairing for the he400 also. I would miss the Asgard with the he400 if I were to go back to the e17, but only a little tbh.
I have not heard the he400 with the M-Stage.
oh. see, this is an example of how little i know what im doing. assumed the asgard was all i needed. ive just purchased the m-stage as the consensus seemed to lead slightly that way. am i gonna need more?
- for hifiman he-400: e17, mstage, or lyr?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best cans for female vocals? 4 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 1 minute ago
- › denon ah-d2000 headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 9 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 or HD 600 11 minutes ago
- › Several OpAmps - AD473JN - OPA2228P - LHM6643MA - ADA4841 - AD8616 13 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3