hi all. trying to narrow this down. seen good reviews for all of the above. theres the price difference with the fiio e17 being cheaper. willing to go with that if the others arent noticeably better. thanks in advance.
- productAudio-gd NFB 12tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productFiiO E17tagged by System, 6/20/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 6/20/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 6/20/12
- productMatrix M-Stagetagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Asgard Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/20/12
- productSchiit Lyrtagged by System, 6/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Beyerdynamic DT990 / 600 Ohm Amp Recommendation and misc. Last post on 6/11/13 at 10:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Can I ask for a "list" of amps in the $200-$300 range? Last post on 11/18/12 at 12:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HifiMan HE-400 vs DAC Last post on 10/10/12 at 7:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Plans Last post on 10/6/12 at 9:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado vs Sennheiser vs AudioTechnica Last post on 9/29/12 at 5:22pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
for hifiman he-400: e17, mstage, or lyr?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 86/16/12 at 5:22am
The lyr is not the best choice here IMO. I'm using the Asgard and it pairs well with the he400. I have also owned the e17 and it would be a good pairing for the he400 also. I would miss the Asgard with the he400 if I were to go back to the e17, but only a little tbh.
I have not heard the he400 with the M-Stage.
gL!!post #3 of 86/16/12 at 11:12amThread Starterpost #4 of 86/16/12 at 11:18ampost #5 of 86/16/12 at 11:59ampost #6 of 86/16/12 at 12:01pmpost #7 of 86/16/12 at 12:15pmpost #8 of 86/16/12 at 12:35pmThread Starter
oh. see, this is an example of how little i know what im doing. assumed the asgard was all i needed. ive just purchased the m-stage as the consensus seemed to lead slightly that way. am i gonna need more?
- for hifiman he-400: e17, mstage, or lyr?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › No difference in sound when trying various amps??!?!?! 12 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 27 seconds ago
- › Speaker Interference / Noise / Mouse Noise into Speakers. 41 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony Lost my IEM, no reponse what should i do? 5 minutes ago
- › Best cans for under 50$ for EDM? 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)