Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Why ATH-M50??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why ATH-M50?? - Page 4

post #46 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Max View Post

 

I haven't heard them, but the M80s look closer to the M-50s than the M-100 based the the charts at headphone.com , but the M50s still win. If you are using well encoded music, the M50s should sound more airy and detailed in the treble region.

How about detail? The one time I was able to demo the m50, I was less than blown away by the detail I was able to perceive.  

post #47 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Max View Post

I haven't heard them, but the M80s look closer to the M-50s than the M-100 based the the charts at headphone.com , but the M50s still win. If you are using well encoded music, the M50s should sound more airy and detailed in the treble region.
Charts only tell part of the story. I remember the CVO of V-MODA saying he made a headphone prototype that measured almost perfectly flat and it sounded terrible. The graphs for the M-100 make it look a lot bassier than it actually sounds. Only your ears can truly tell in the end.
post #48 of 54
I'm like you. I don't know whether to buy the m50's, the ul
post #49 of 54
Ultrasone 780's, the custom one pros, or the vmoda lp2's. Someone please help. I listen to mainly rap music.
post #50 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by wall05 View Post

Ultrasone 780's, the custom one pros, or the vmoda lp2's. Someone please help. I listen to mainly rap music.

Replace the Ultrasone 780 with the 580. 

 

I have had all three at some point and have sold or returned each for different reasons. I too listen to rap music and was obviously led down the same path as you.

 

As for the sound quality, I still find myself wishing that I had kept the COPs. I found the VModa LPs a bit muddy and the Ultrasone S-Logic 'technology' to be a bit too tinny. If there could ever be too much separation it would be in those cans. 

 

So, of the three, the COPs are a no-brainer for sound but it was the heft of the set that doomed them for me.

post #51 of 54

Yea i think ATH M5O is overrated , today there're many headphone better in this price range.

post #52 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by D K A View Post

Yea i think ATH M5O is overrated , today there're many headphone better in this price range.

 

List some!

post #53 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Max View Post

 

List some!


Shure SRH 840

AKG K167 Tiesto

 

but actually it's just about musical preferences and personal taste i think haha

post #54 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by D K A View Post


Shure SRH 840

AKG K167 Tiesto

 

but actually it's just about musical preferences and personal taste i think haha

 



Yes :)

 

I personally like ATH-M50 more than Shure SRH840.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Why ATH-M50??