In overall I preferred the HD600 over HD650 until I've heard some music from a HD650 was driven by a Schiit Valhalla, which was fantastic. The Valhalla brings the HD650 to life.
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHD600 / HD650 "Lightning" SXC Cabletagged by System, 3/1/13
- productHD600/HD650 "Truth" UPOCC Cabletagged by System, 3/1/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/14/12More
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 vs HD650 - Initial Thoughts Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Senn HD650 or HD600? - Page 5post #61 of 649/5/13 at 11:01am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 649/5/13 at 3:02pmpost #63 of 6410/16/13 at 2:39am
I have rediscovered the HD650 which I had set aside for some years whilst I played with HD800; Beyerdynamic T1; Denon 7000 , Ultrasone Edition 8 and a number of cheaper phones which I could use direct from my iPhone including Sennheiser Momentum; Beyer T50P; V Moda 100; and various IEMs. At the end of all this I am amazed at how good the HD650 s are. Using them with a Lehmann Black Cube amplifier with a feed from a Fidelity Audio Dac with best quality files from an iPod, they make everything sound realistic but without any tiring harshness or veiling. In comparison the 800 can be too brightly lit; the Denon too tubby; and the Ultrasone detailed but wearing and compressed. The only ones that compared were Phillips Fidelio X1s: a real bargain may I add.
Of course this is through my ears and we all know about physiological and psychological differences but my advice to anyone seeking a top quality headphone for use with a home amplifier or a good portable amp look no further than the HD650. It has stood the test of time and is still used in many studios. I noticed in a recent video of Lang Lang recording with Simon Rattle all the mixing engineers were wearing them.
I have enjoyed the HD650s so much I have ordered a pair of HD600s which some still prefer.
Interestingly a colleague who recently asked Sennheiser what he should buy to equip a new recording facility was advised HD650s!
Do give them a go!
Rogerpost #64 of 6410/16/13 at 3:22amAs a musician I prefer HD600, the only headphone that I think is the most truthful to the original recording, closest to the real you can get( for the price) , HD650.. Probably for those of you who love colored music such as electronic dubstep and modern punk. If you've been to many concerts and classical concert hall, HD600 is the way to go or step up to HD800 or audeze lcd2, peace.
- Senn HD650 or HD600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 21 seconds ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Need some pointers for my first amp build 1 minute ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 minutes ago
- › Midrange possibly open-backed full-sized cans suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Evshrug's "If I knew then what I know now" discussion journal. 5 minutes ago
- › Corny Jokes - the more the merrier 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...