In overall I preferred the HD600 over HD650 until I've heard some music from a HD650 was driven by a Schiit Valhalla, which was fantastic. The Valhalla brings the HD650 to life.
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHD600 / HD650 "Lightning" SXC Cabletagged by System, 3/1/13
- productHD600/HD650 "Truth" UPOCC Cabletagged by System, 3/1/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/14/12More
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 vs HD650 - Initial Thoughts Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- What should I look for in cans for Movies only? Last post on 4/3/13 at 9:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
Senn HD650 or HD600? - Page 5post #61 of 649/5/13 at 11:01am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 649/5/13 at 3:02pmpost #63 of 6410/16/13 at 2:39am
I have rediscovered the HD650 which I had set aside for some years whilst I played with HD800; Beyerdynamic T1; Denon 7000 , Ultrasone Edition 8 and a number of cheaper phones which I could use direct from my iPhone including Sennheiser Momentum; Beyer T50P; V Moda 100; and various IEMs. At the end of all this I am amazed at how good the HD650 s are. Using them with a Lehmann Black Cube amplifier with a feed from a Fidelity Audio Dac with best quality files from an iPod, they make everything sound realistic but without any tiring harshness or veiling. In comparison the 800 can be too brightly lit; the Denon too tubby; and the Ultrasone detailed but wearing and compressed. The only ones that compared were Phillips Fidelio X1s: a real bargain may I add.
Of course this is through my ears and we all know about physiological and psychological differences but my advice to anyone seeking a top quality headphone for use with a home amplifier or a good portable amp look no further than the HD650. It has stood the test of time and is still used in many studios. I noticed in a recent video of Lang Lang recording with Simon Rattle all the mixing engineers were wearing them.
I have enjoyed the HD650s so much I have ordered a pair of HD600s which some still prefer.
Interestingly a colleague who recently asked Sennheiser what he should buy to equip a new recording facility was advised HD650s!
Do give them a go!
Rogerpost #64 of 6410/16/13 at 3:22amAs a musician I prefer HD600, the only headphone that I think is the most truthful to the original recording, closest to the real you can get( for the price) , HD650.. Probably for those of you who love colored music such as electronic dubstep and modern punk. If you've been to many concerts and classical concert hall, HD600 is the way to go or step up to HD800 or audeze lcd2, peace.
- Senn HD650 or HD600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 28 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser... 2 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 7 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 7 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob