In overall I preferred the HD600 over HD650 until I've heard some music from a HD650 was driven by a Schiit Valhalla, which was fantastic. The Valhalla brings the HD650 to life.
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHD600 / HD650 "Lightning" SXC Cabletagged by System, 3/1/13
- productHD600/HD650 "Truth" UPOCC Cabletagged by System, 3/1/13
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-400tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-500tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productHiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/14/12More
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- In search of the perfect headphone (for me, that is) Last post on 9/5/12 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-400/HE-300 vs Sennheiser HD650/HD600 Last post on 11/14/13 at 9:02am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD600 vs HD650 - Initial Thoughts Last post on 9/1/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Senn HD650 or HD600? - Page 5post #61 of 649/5/13 at 11:01am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 649/5/13 at 3:02pmpost #63 of 6410/16/13 at 2:39am
I have rediscovered the HD650 which I had set aside for some years whilst I played with HD800; Beyerdynamic T1; Denon 7000 , Ultrasone Edition 8 and a number of cheaper phones which I could use direct from my iPhone including Sennheiser Momentum; Beyer T50P; V Moda 100; and various IEMs. At the end of all this I am amazed at how good the HD650 s are. Using them with a Lehmann Black Cube amplifier with a feed from a Fidelity Audio Dac with best quality files from an iPod, they make everything sound realistic but without any tiring harshness or veiling. In comparison the 800 can be too brightly lit; the Denon too tubby; and the Ultrasone detailed but wearing and compressed. The only ones that compared were Phillips Fidelio X1s: a real bargain may I add.
Of course this is through my ears and we all know about physiological and psychological differences but my advice to anyone seeking a top quality headphone for use with a home amplifier or a good portable amp look no further than the HD650. It has stood the test of time and is still used in many studios. I noticed in a recent video of Lang Lang recording with Simon Rattle all the mixing engineers were wearing them.
I have enjoyed the HD650s so much I have ordered a pair of HD600s which some still prefer.
Interestingly a colleague who recently asked Sennheiser what he should buy to equip a new recording facility was advised HD650s!
Do give them a go!
Rogerpost #64 of 6410/16/13 at 3:22amAs a musician I prefer HD600, the only headphone that I think is the most truthful to the original recording, closest to the real you can get( for the price) , HD650.. Probably for those of you who love colored music such as electronic dubstep and modern punk. If you've been to many concerts and classical concert hall, HD600 is the way to go or step up to HD800 or audeze lcd2, peace.
- Senn HD650 or HD600?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 25 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 42 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › HIFIMAN’s Lucky Upgrade Opportunity 2 minutes ago
- › Bought the Solo 2s but they did not have enough bass for me so I... 2 minutes ago
- › The Dishonesty of Sighted Listening Tests 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear