I've sold the HD555 and AD700 (no regrets :D). I'm about to sell the AD900 I upgraded to, to pay for a new Beyer phone. I feel kinda divided about selling the AD900 because of the way acoustic music and jazz sounds on it (low bass but non-fatiguing as long as you're not listening to rock)... I guess that's the one I regret the most but I usually upgrade to better phones so that's not really an issue.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/14/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 6/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An upgrade to the HD 598 Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
**Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most** - Page 2post #16 of 396/23/12 at 1:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 396/23/12 at 1:22pmpost #18 of 396/23/12 at 3:23pmpost #19 of 396/23/12 at 6:46pm
For me I think it was the DT990/600Ohm. I loved them a lot but needed the money, so yeah.. I would always rebuy them, but I want the original price I paid for them. Prices have surged so I can't do it.post #20 of 396/23/12 at 6:57pmpost #21 of 396/24/12 at 1:26pmThread Starterpost #22 of 396/24/12 at 1:28pmpost #23 of 396/24/12 at 1:28pmpost #24 of 396/24/12 at 1:41pmThread Starterpost #25 of 396/24/12 at 1:42pmpost #26 of 396/24/12 at 1:52pmpost #27 of 396/24/12 at 2:33pmSurprising to see DT990/600 and HD 600 mentioned so many times.
Honestly for me, the SR-225 is probably the only one I've really regretted selling. Going back and forth on replacing it. All the rest had some major flaw or didn't get used hardly at all (like my HD 580s which I used maybe monthly or less).post #28 of 396/24/12 at 2:37pmpost #29 of 396/24/12 at 2:41pmThread Starterpost #30 of 396/24/12 at 2:52pm
- **Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3467 Active Users (574 Members and 2893 Guests)
- › neutral solid state amp ideas 22 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 56 seconds ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Reasonably priced "hard to drive" phones? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear