I've sold the HD555 and AD700 (no regrets :D). I'm about to sell the AD900 I upgraded to, to pay for a new Beyer phone. I feel kinda divided about selling the AD900 because of the way acoustic music and jazz sounds on it (low bass but non-fatiguing as long as you're not listening to rock)... I guess that's the one I regret the most but I usually upgrade to better phones so that's not really an issue.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/14/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 6/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An upgrade to the HD 598 Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
**Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most** - Page 2post #16 of 396/23/12 at 1:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 396/23/12 at 1:22pmpost #18 of 396/23/12 at 3:23pmpost #19 of 396/23/12 at 6:46pm
For me I think it was the DT990/600Ohm. I loved them a lot but needed the money, so yeah.. I would always rebuy them, but I want the original price I paid for them. Prices have surged so I can't do it.post #20 of 396/23/12 at 6:57pmpost #21 of 396/24/12 at 1:26pmThread Starterpost #22 of 396/24/12 at 1:28pmpost #23 of 396/24/12 at 1:28pmpost #24 of 396/24/12 at 1:41pmThread Starterpost #25 of 396/24/12 at 1:42pmpost #26 of 396/24/12 at 1:52pmpost #27 of 396/24/12 at 2:33pmSurprising to see DT990/600 and HD 600 mentioned so many times.
Honestly for me, the SR-225 is probably the only one I've really regretted selling. Going back and forth on replacing it. All the rest had some major flaw or didn't get used hardly at all (like my HD 580s which I used maybe monthly or less).post #28 of 396/24/12 at 2:37pmpost #29 of 396/24/12 at 2:41pmThread Starterpost #30 of 396/24/12 at 2:52pm
Buy the one Katun is selling! $275 for one month old pair is a great deal.
- **Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 22 seconds ago
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 37 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 - Low volume on PC 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › 50mm driver open air full size cans pop out of nowhere, sound amazing 5 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)