I've sold the HD555 and AD700 (no regrets :D). I'm about to sell the AD900 I upgraded to, to pay for a new Beyer phone. I feel kinda divided about selling the AD900 because of the way acoustic music and jazz sounds on it (low bass but non-fatiguing as long as you're not listening to rock)... I guess that's the one I regret the most but I usually upgrade to better phones so that's not really an issue.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/14/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 6/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An upgrade to the HD 598 Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
**Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most** - Page 2post #16 of 396/23/12 at 1:03pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 396/23/12 at 1:22pmpost #18 of 396/23/12 at 3:23pmpost #19 of 396/23/12 at 6:46pm
For me I think it was the DT990/600Ohm. I loved them a lot but needed the money, so yeah.. I would always rebuy them, but I want the original price I paid for them. Prices have surged so I can't do it.post #20 of 396/23/12 at 6:57pmpost #21 of 396/24/12 at 1:26pmThread Starterpost #22 of 396/24/12 at 1:28pmpost #23 of 396/24/12 at 1:28pmpost #24 of 396/24/12 at 1:41pmThread Starterpost #25 of 396/24/12 at 1:42pmpost #26 of 396/24/12 at 1:52pmpost #27 of 396/24/12 at 2:33pmSurprising to see DT990/600 and HD 600 mentioned so many times.
Honestly for me, the SR-225 is probably the only one I've really regretted selling. Going back and forth on replacing it. All the rest had some major flaw or didn't get used hardly at all (like my HD 580s which I used maybe monthly or less).post #28 of 396/24/12 at 2:37pmpost #29 of 396/24/12 at 2:41pmThread Starterpost #30 of 396/24/12 at 2:52pm
Buy the one Katun is selling! $275 for one month old pair is a great deal.
- **Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › What amp to get for the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros? 18 seconds ago
- › Over the ear headphone suggestions -- $300.00 and many specific needs. 40 seconds ago
- › Plug Headphone directly to Soundcard broke 1 Headphone channel 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Help Deciding on < $300 Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio Tenore IEM 5 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)