For me, it was my Beyer dt 990/600. They were just fun to listen to and the comfort level was off the charts. Even when I didn't really feel like listening, I could still listen to them.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/14/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 6/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD-598tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An upgrade to the HD 598 Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
**Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most**post #1 of 396/14/12 at 6:09amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 396/14/12 at 7:49am
Their cups were a bit too shallow for me. Their sound was amazingly clean though, and even though they had a very large treble spike, it wasn't ringy or strident.
I guess mine would be DT990 600Ω as well? Because it's only one of the two headphones I've sold so far and I couldn't care less about M50.post #3 of 396/14/12 at 7:52ampost #4 of 396/14/12 at 8:07ampost #5 of 396/14/12 at 8:20amThread Starterpost #6 of 396/14/12 at 8:57am
Sennheiser HD600. Worst decision I ever made in this hobby. I started looking for a headphone that sounded like the HD600, just a little better - I could find none. Now I'm once more a happy owner of a HD600, and also added a HD580 to my collection.post #7 of 396/14/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 396/14/12 at 10:40ampost #9 of 396/14/12 at 12:24pmpost #10 of 396/14/12 at 7:19pmThread StarterQuote:
A better title might be hp's that you sold and then bought again...post #11 of 396/14/12 at 9:02pmQuote:
Bass is not everything.
I sold my porta pro's. I miss them, they were fun little headphones. Im buying them againpost #12 of 396/14/12 at 9:12pmpost #13 of 396/15/12 at 2:55amQuote:
I can get behind that. I also sold the HD600 only to re-buy both the black mesh and silver screen versions years later.post #14 of 396/15/12 at 5:28amThread Starterpost #15 of 396/15/12 at 5:40amQuote:
The reason I want it back is exactly what you said, it's fun headphone, just have to figure out how to reduce the trebles.
- **Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 20 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 35 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 41 seconds ago
- › How would the HD800 sound without an amp? 1 minute ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob