For me, it was my Beyer dt 990/600. They were just fun to listen to and the comfort level was off the charts. Even when I didn't really feel like listening, I could still listen to them.
- productAKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature Linetagged by System, 6/14/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 990 - 600 Ohmtagged by System, 6/14/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productKRK KNS8400 Studio Headphonestagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 580tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 6/14/12
- productUltrasone PRO 900tagged by System, 6/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What $200 headphones have detachable cables? Last post on 7/24/12 at 7:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- An upgrade to the HD 598 Last post on 7/12/12 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- DT 770 or DT 990... to pull the trigger or not? Last post on 7/30/11 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
**Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most**post #1 of 396/14/12 at 6:09amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 396/14/12 at 7:49am
Their cups were a bit too shallow for me. Their sound was amazingly clean though, and even though they had a very large treble spike, it wasn't ringy or strident.
I guess mine would be DT990 600Ω as well? Because it's only one of the two headphones I've sold so far and I couldn't care less about M50.post #3 of 396/14/12 at 7:52ampost #4 of 396/14/12 at 8:07ampost #5 of 396/14/12 at 8:20amThread Starterpost #6 of 396/14/12 at 8:57am
Sennheiser HD600. Worst decision I ever made in this hobby. I started looking for a headphone that sounded like the HD600, just a little better - I could find none. Now I'm once more a happy owner of a HD600, and also added a HD580 to my collection.post #7 of 396/14/12 at 9:51ampost #8 of 396/14/12 at 10:40ampost #9 of 396/14/12 at 12:24pmpost #10 of 396/14/12 at 7:19pmThread StarterQuote:
A better title might be hp's that you sold and then bought again...post #11 of 396/14/12 at 9:02pmQuote:
Bass is not everything.
I sold my porta pro's. I miss them, they were fun little headphones. Im buying them againpost #12 of 396/14/12 at 9:12pmpost #13 of 396/15/12 at 2:55amQuote:
I can get behind that. I also sold the HD600 only to re-buy both the black mesh and silver screen versions years later.post #14 of 396/15/12 at 5:28amThread Starterpost #15 of 396/15/12 at 5:40amQuote:
The reason I want it back is exactly what you said, it's fun headphone, just have to figure out how to reduce the trebles.
- **Which hp's do you regret "selling" the most**
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 43 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 8 minutes ago
- › Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones! 8 minutes ago
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear